Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

hi i am having some trouble..... how rude let me introduce myself im jason lol, got the wii bout 4 days ago, i made a mii and i deleted it, but now when ever i want to play "wii play" i cant it freezes with 2 players 1 player fine help please

My Wii Remote stopped working today and it's not the batteries...I've replaced them. I thought maybe I could find someone that could care to help me out as it would would be greatly appreciated! :yesnod:

Zachiri said:
My Wii Remote stopped working today and it's not the batteries...I've replaced them. I thought maybe I could find someone that could care to help me out as it would would be greatly appreciated! :yesnod:

trick: when you buy a Wiimote, what you have to do when the Wiimote coming with the system fails for X reason, you just put that one in the package of the Wiimote you bought in store and return it. If possible take an extended warranty(1 year or more depending on the store's warranty availability) on the Wiimote before buying it

i would do that instead of returning the whole Wii package to the store only for the Wiimote...

Hello everyone!

I've had mine for just over a week. I've run into most of the problems mentioned in this thread (bad luck?) but I've managed to resolve them all with no reoccurance, except one...

I purchased an add'l Wiimote and yesterday it began simply shutting off. Initially I thought it was a sync problem, so I resynced it...no luck. Then I noticed that if I tapped it, it would turn off. Pressing a button would "wake" it (complete with the chime from the Wii) but another tap or even sudden movement and the thing would shut off.

Seems like a loose/faulty connection. I'm trying to exchange it (still have the original purchase receipt) but, of course, no one has any Wiimotes in stock.

Thoughts?

-Andrew

RaptorZX3 said:
just return it with the receipt?

Well, according to the Customer Service rep at Target, without the original package, I can't actually return it. They can only exchange it for a like item, which is fine with me, seeing as I'd like to have more than one Wiimote.

While I am convinced the Wiimote is faulty, I'm wondering if anyone has some add'l knowledge they can bestow upon me...perhaps enlightening me to the fact that it is not actually the Wiimote that is faulty, but rather the user (i.e. something I've neglected to try/do).

-Andrew

OK sooo since Sunday my wii remotes started doing crazy things and I couldn't get it to work. I just turned it on again today and there was no picture and then it wouldn't power off! It let me eject the Zelda disc though. So I read through this topic and decided to unplug it from the outlet. I plugged it back in and there was a big ZOINK sound, thought it had blown up lol. It seems to be working fine now...getting an update as we speak. Wish me luck:tard:

Has anyone found a solution to the Wii Remote cutting in and out? It's been going on for me for about a week now and it's really annoying. I'll be one point away from match point in tennis and I'll go to swing and it doesn't swing cause the remote cuts out, and then a couple seconds later cuts back in. This is really annoying what should I do? It's the original remote that came with the Wii.

cmdr.keen said:
Well, according to the Customer Service rep at Target, without the original package, I can't actually return it. They can only exchange it for a like item, which is fine with me, seeing as I'd like to have more than one Wiimote.

While I am convinced the Wiimote is faulty, I'm wondering if anyone has some add'l knowledge they can bestow upon me...perhaps enlightening me to the fact that it is not actually the Wiimote that is faulty, but rather the user (i.e. something I've neglected to try/do).

-Andrew

Sounds to me like you're 100% right - if you're giving your controller sudden movements and it shuts off, there's something wrong. The only thing in your power you can do is check that the batteries are set correctly - though this would be a hard thing not to do right. Nintendo has that area pretty sussed out though with their spring action battery connectors.
I'm afraid it's something you're just going to have to wait out. It's either swap it over or tolerate the problem (or throw it out)

TheWiggman said:
...I'm afraid it's something you're just going to have to wait out. It's either swap it over or tolerate the problem (or throw it out)

I got lucky. My wife picked one up tonight and so I'll just use the packaging from the new one to return the faulty one. Not exactly on the "up and up", but frankly the policy at Target seems a bit counter-customer service. I bought it there, I have the receipt, I just didn't hang onto the plastic container (who does?).

Anyway, I'm back in business! Thanks for the verification TheWiggman.

-Andrew

I thought I was safe but I just had something strange this morning. :frown2:

Tried turning on the wii using the power button on the wii-mote (as I always do) but nothing happened, so turned on using the actual power button, tried pressing 'A' on the wii-mote but nothing happened. All four lights just keep flashing.....tried syncing, tried everything else I could think of but no luck.

Fixed by turning off console then turning back on again!

speaker in remote has gone , get bad static when playing any noise now!
Have never dropped remote, it is only a few days old.

Alrighty then, one more problem to add to the small list...

I was playing about an hour of Excite Truck, get off that and decide to check out the Forecast Channel, I try and exit and the controllers are off, no blue lights, no activity, nothing. I try re-syncing them with no luck... it ended up needing me to reset the entire system. Very annoying to say the least. Oh, and like posted above, all four lights on the remote were flashing for about five to ten seconds... so maybe it's a similar issue.

So far...
1. Controllers shutting off and not wanting to turn back on.
2. Freezing randomly, sometimes recovering, sometimes needing a reboot.
3. I am giving up slowly on Red Steel as this level has buggy controls, I have no idea why but every other level works just fine, in this one my character wants to spin endlessly.

Only issues i've had are (so far)

1. wiimote (both) sometimes will not switch on at all, no 4 leds flashing nothing! To fix this i swap over batteries between the wiimotes and so far has worked each time.

2. wiimote losing sync, fix is a simple re-sync

I haven't played any others games besides Zelda, but after a bit of time it freezes. I can eject the disc, but the screen remains. My remote won't turn the Wii off nor can I manually turn it off. I have to unplug the power cord to shut it off. While its frozen the speakers just put out a constant noise, VERY unnatural. Anyone had this problem?

Back