Fifa 2008 Controll Discussion

Rei

Hug The Wii... Or Die
Aug 5, 2007
Nowhere I jump around lookin for new info on gamin
Wii Online Code
6465-7600-8684-0285
Well I was looking around for Fifa 08 on Wii so I read tha article and the controls seemed to me a bit conplicated. I wish to discuss these controlls with the gamers here. And IF you wish to read the article just go to ign and search Fifa 2008 look for the one that says Wii on it and read. SO lets discuss the conplicated controls. And maybe if Nintendo should develop leg sensors.

I am looking forward to the controls.
Especially the throwing in of the ball.
I have read a preview on it in Nintendo Power, and feel that they don't seem to complicated and should add quite a bit to the game.

I don't think the controls are complicated at all, no more complicated than usual really. You might have to hold one more button but that's not that bad, it becomes automatic once you get used to it. I think the only slight problem is the replacement of the B-button on the Cube with the motion gesture, as it can sometimes feel as if it's not responding. Overall though it's not that much of a problem once you accept how it plays, and play to that.

well i bought the game today and just finished my first online game .
At first the controls seemed pretty complex but like most games once ur used to the controls its up to the gameplay to deliver , im not overly impressed with either but it is a fresh take on footy games so maybe itll take some getting used to.
The shooting seems a bit off cuz its not as simple as pushing s button .
On the whole for me it seemed alot to remember but I managed to win my first full game with 3-1 with only a couple of the moves down ie; pass ,shoot and tackle so im sure it will improve alot with practise

its complicated at first but I'm used to it now, they get easier after a couple of games.

i brought the game when it came out yesterday.

Controls are complicated when you first play but you will get the hang of it really quickly.

I hate how you shoot though because you cant really control your power.

Heres the stuff i dont like:

Throw ins, stupid idea, not very responsive either
goal kicks, very unresponsive, silly attempt to include motion.

They should have taken a lesson from mario strikers, good control there, with maybe tackling with motion. Also the shooting will be good, just need to get used to it.

can you change the camera and shoot and tackle by pressing buttons like ps3 and 360 instead of using motion controls?

Football games will always be much better on traditional control pads.
Adding motion sensing just makes things more awkward and has only been included for the sake of it. Nothing is any more realistic.

You need to use the 'up and down' camera view to get the most out of the wii controls, but has anyone noticed that even with the camera zoomed right out, you can only see the players closest to you?
With the traditional view you can actually see who is on your wings, or who you can through ball to.

The more I play of this game, the more I realise they havnt made all these changes because they make the game better. They have done it just to make use of the motion sensing controls.
-The throw ins are pointless. Un responsive and dont add anything to the game.
-Its very hard to sprint after players and tackle them.
-The goal kick feature is also pointless.
-You can't see where most of your players are (who really uses the radar?)

Appart from that, (although it may not seem like it!) I actually quite like the game.
Pro Evo hopefully will have learnt a few lessons from FIFA and be much better.

I agree with f1982 on all fronts ...the throw ins suck !! You find yourself jumping up and down with arms flailing just so u can throw in or goalkick its pretty annoying that when you want to shoot alot of the time by the time the player respond to your command , its too late but like f1982 i do enjoy the game but in most cases for me traditional controls would have been better

f1982 said:
Football games will always be much better on traditional control pads.
Adding motion sensing just makes things more awkward and has only been included for the sake of it. Nothing is any more realistic.

Spot on! Purely for the sake of it! That was my first impressions and after a total of about 10 hours playing it, it still is. I am having a bit of fun with it but there are moments that I feel the novelty is wearing off, (until I score a goal).

You need to use the 'up and down' camera view to get the most out of the wii controls, but has anyone noticed that even with the camera zoomed right out, you can only see the players closest to you?
With the traditional view you can actually see who is on your wings, or who you can through ball to.

I dont like the "up and down" camera, the broadcast and dynamic ones are quite good apart from when you shoot, it just becomes blind luck. Perhaps a more mobile camera that moves more depending on the position your in, although this obviously wouldn't work in multi-player.

-The throw ins are pointless. Un responsive and dont add anything to the game.

I quite like the throw-ins, because there is a bit more to them than just doing the throwing action. I like trying to fox the opposition by moving a player into position then throwing it to another unmark man.

-The goal kick feature is also pointless.

I have meant to ask this before, but how do you kick the ball out when the goalie is holding it. When I actually achieve it, it is just fluke. The amount of goals I have lost because of some stupid little through out to an opposing player when trying to quickly punt it up the park is just not funny.

Pro Evo hopefully will have learnt a few lessons from FIFA and be much better.

I hope so too!

Last edited:
I have meant to ask this before, but how do you kick the ball out when the goalie is holding it. (wh15ky)

just move the remote as if your going to shoot

Back