First came the Wiimote, Then..

I'm with you, this looks lame. I don't think technology allow anything like this to actually work right until maybe the year 2050

Fake or not fake that is quite neat.
If this were developed in conjunction with the overall headtracking stuff and what not, this would be insane.

If this will manage to actually work well enough to justify spending an amount of money approximately equal to the actual system, that would be kind of cool. But it seems a little tedious, more so than having to move when playing a game...

Would you picture where you want the character to be, and that's where they would go? I sense some problems with this issue, among other things. Plus, I don't fancy having to exert myself mentally if I'm playing a game where, normally, I can just stop thinking and, well, play.

Vigilantiast said:
well it would be inredibly hard to use. It would require 100% concentration to work. Imagine ur playing mario galaxy or summit and then the phone rings, suddenly you've jumped into a lava pit.

Ha! Exactly! You will always have distractions that will affect your gameplay.

If this does manage to sell, the games would be simple and boring, like WiiPlay and WiiSports: Plain and Simple.

Like...how would you control Mario Galaxy, or Metroid Prime 3, or Zelda with that thing?

It won't sell, if it does, the games will be crap.

IMO, I think that it sounds cool and looks some what cool, but what's the fun in playing a game where you literally sit completely still and just stare at the T.V. all day.

The only thing this contraption will lead to is more obeisity in North America.

Btw- I like you avatar Manred

Apocalypse said:
This looks like a joke to me. Even if it is a serious attempt, just trying to picture some fat American sitting there plowing down a big mac while he winks his way through some game wearing that silly helmet is laughable. :lol:

For a paralyzed person, sure this a great step ahead. But I still doubt it's usefulness. There's too many movements for the head to simply give an entire layout for. Move head left to move left, right to move right, up/down, ect? The user is going to look like he's on [STRIKE]acid[/STRIKE] mushrooms half the time!

you've got something here, it sure would be great if the people would use this technology to power a wheel chair for a paralyzed person, sadly everbody loves video games more than they love helping paralyzed people. D:

Global War said:
you've got something here, it sure would be great if the people would use this technology to power a wheel chair for a paralyzed person, sadly everbody loves video games more than they love helping paralyzed people. D:

No you don't. Like I said, if your playing Super Mario Galaxy and your mom calls you and you kill yourself..what do you think will happen in real life. Ex:

A paralyzed man wearing that helmet and waiting to cross the street. A police car comes chasing another car with very loud sirens. The man is distracted and his wheelchair runs into the middle of the street....

KABLOOEY!

Not a good idea AT ALL!

Back