Is this good?

iOwnage

Confiscation of the Mind
Oct 21, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
8957-2822-1883-9918
Im planning on e-mailing Nintendo and I'm wondering if this is good enough.
Some ideas taken from yungblood6.

Dear Nintendo of America,

I would like to address problems about online issues and hardware problems.

First, I would like to say something about the "friend code system".
Nintendo has made a great and sucessful effort on reaching out to casual gamers with the Wii. But the online system with the friend codes is very unappealing to "hardcore" gamers. It can be complicated and can make the "casual" experience less, well, casual. Its much easier to just enter each others user names rather than a 12-16 digit code. Sometimes people don't have many other people to exchange friend codes with and they want the option to meet someone online and then add them, but that isn't possible since you need a friend code to send a message to them. I was mad at first that you needed to add someone using a code, but then I found out that every single online game had a different friend code, and then you had to re-add everyone on your list with there new code. I think that people registered on your Wii should be automatically included on your game buddy list.

On another note.

Nintendo, as much as I don't want to say it, has seemed to pay less attention to the "hardcore" gamers. You've been spending so much time with the casual gamers that it almost seems you've forgotton who got you to where you are now. Games have definitely gotten easier and less challenging, which is disappointing to the "hardcore" gamers. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was one of the easier of the franchise. In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, you could jump off a cliff 20 or 30 times before you actually died. You can pick up a health pack in almost every room in todays shooters. Our health bars didn't regenerate as much as they do today. It was about surviving on what you had left. It was about challenge. Now it's almost as if we're being given shortcuts to the finish line and instead of running the whole way through. And to top it all off, the online has come short of expectations. There is no way to communicate at all in any online game. Even in games which need it most such as Battalion Wars 2. Honestly, how are we expected to play online co-op in a strategy game, when all we can do is request them to attack something. Voice chat is becoming a must for certain games.

Also, I, and many others, find ourselves quickly running out of internal memory from the lack of storage space. The SD card does work to a certain extent, but you need to have the option of saving directly to the card or storing VC games directly to the card. I, and many others, hope to eventually have an external hard drive to store all our extra information. Having a hard drive would be much easier because if would provide an easier way to just transfer unused games or data to somewhere else for a while until you find you want to use them again, then you can just pull it right of your hard drive and onto your Wii.

I hope you take into consideration what I have said and maybe some of this can possibly change.

Last edited:
That's nice. However, if it has nothing to do with hardware issues, I'm afraid they're going to drag it to the trash and press delete. Never know though, maybe they'll listen.

I'll include another paragraph about hardware than. ;]

Haha, yeah, just stick it somewhere in the middle to endish, so they're forced to read the whole thing. ;)

I doubt anyone higher than a minimum wage worker will recieve this, and I doubt that they'll read any further than the title.

Or u could just title it to make them think its a hardware ware issue and then they'll open it and read.

I just added a hardware paragraph. Post suggestions please.

Problem is, even if they do read it, they can't just go up to Miyamoto and say, "Look at this Shiggy! A concerned customer, let's do what he says." To be honest kid, there's no way this is going to make it pass the common stooge who receives the emails.

Probably, but its worth a shot, especially since i just spent 40 minutes on it.

you should say something more directly about casual gaming being complicated with friend codes. like : The casual market Nintendo is drawing in may not have the patience to input Wii numbers and individual game friend codes, and this could turn them off to the entire online experience. With hardcore gamers also dissatisfied, it would be beneficial to everyone, including Nintendo from a pure business standpoint, to simplify the friend code process down to a single unified user-name, or at least let people access the friend codes of their random opponents. This would satisfy everyone, and also boost Nintendo's online efforts.

PS since Nintendo didnt give 3rd parties access to online features until a year after the wii's release (which is november 9 2007 right? or 19?) i wouldnt be surprised if we saw a tremendous revamping of online efforts shortly after. say...super smash bros brawl shortly? or possibly with an ambitious 3rd party effort. i have my fingers crossed.

looks like the wii wasn't your type after all. They'll have this in their spam box as soon as you send it.

Renz said:
looks like the wii wasn't your type after all. They'll have this in their spam box as soon as you send it.
honestly i'm sick of people saying this. what casual OR hardcore gamer wants a different username AKA friend code for every single freakin game. casual gamers barely know what an IP address is, let alone want to deal with 8 million digits to play wii sports 2 online with family across the coast.

You have written a nice email, but unfortunately I'm sure it will be ignored just as others have stated. If Nintendo was in a bad way, I'm sure public suggestions may be a possibility, but otherwise they have teams they pay to do the kind of thinking and public polling that they feel is adaquate. I mean you can imagine how many of these type of letters they probably receive. If you ask me, your better off sending your suggestions to someone working for a major game reviewer like ign or nintendo power. If you kept it short enough, you could possibly get it posted in a Nintendo power letter to the editor.

I agree with Sovieto, if your at the point of writing disgruntled letters, you probably need to compliment your wii with a 360 or PS3 to fill your online desires. Any major changes for the Wii's online service is not going to happen overnight.

I don't find any problem with the Wii just that you maybe don't stand not having a 360 or a PS3. Hey the wii was made like that for some reason. Yeah it would be nice that the wii automatically add the wiifriend to the game list so that you wouldn't have to...but not all your wiifriends are going to have that specific game so you would have a list in which you wouldn't know who plays or not the game...and we could all use the same friend code in all the games but hey...what can we do? It don't make any sense sending the mail.
I agree with KyleForMe they actually pay people for doing all that research so I don't think they would spend time putting in consideration your comments maybe if you send it to somewhere else like gamespot, Ign etc. So that then they will have you in consideration for a bigger comment for nintendo.

I would really like to have an external hdd not to rebuild the wii and have one with bigger hdd but that nintendo actually create an external hdd to be plugged through usb like a normal external hdd. If they want to gain money with the hdd just build one for the wii so that we don't have to use other brands...cause if is not a profit for nintendo then they won't try it.

Back