Is this good?

I sense the frustration in your letter. Your letter touches on issues that Nintendo has heard of ad nauseum. The letter may probably not get past the first goomba at Nintendo HQ, but it's worth a shot. What's going to happen if/when SquarEnix releases RPGs on VC. I'm sure as hell not deleting my 60hr save file to make way for another game.

Master Foot said:
I sense the frustration in your letter. Your letter touches on issues that Nintendo has heard of ad nauseum. The letter may probably not get past the first goomba at Nintendo HQ, but it's worth a shot. What's going to happen if/when SquarEnix releases RPGs on VC. I'm sure as hell not deleting my 60hr save file to make way for another game.

They could at least make an update in which the ability of saving directly to the sd card is possible.

If Nintendo is REALLY that worried about piracy, they should have made a proprietary HDD, or have a small one built in. Unfortunately it will add to the total cost of the Wii and alienate the "casuals". What I don't get is that Apple puts paper thin 80GB HDDs in their ipods, but yet Nintendo can't find a way to do that or find a solution similar to it. Maybe this just shows that the Wii is really geared for casuals with hardcores on the back burner. I think that this is why iOwnage's letter may get tossed aside to the "Useless fanboy complains pile". I would still write the letter though.

Hey man don't listen to all the haters out there. do what you do. you never know who might pay attention. After all Essence a member of wii chat was just doing vids because that was something she enjoyed and look what happend with here she got email and mail from EA. So do what you do and don't let stupid people stop you.

Its just like going for a job, or for a position on a sports team just cause it didnt go through the first time doesnt mean it won't the next. Plus all these dummies on here like to keep there mouths closed and don't like to speak up. if every one thought like them then we wouldn't have the things we do now. Its like the old saying CLOSED MOUTHS DON"T GET FED. So speak your mind, express your thoughts and do you. F**K the haters. Because if they really thought it wouldn't do any thing they wouldn't pay it any attention. Haters are your best supporters the more you have the more likely you succeed.

KyleForMe said:
You have written a nice email, but unfortunately I'm sure it will be ignored just as others have stated. If Nintendo was in a bad way, I'm sure public suggestions may be a possibility, but otherwise they have teams they pay to do the kind of thinking and public polling that they feel is adaquate. I mean you can imagine how many of these type of letters they probably receive. If you ask me, your better off sending your suggestions to someone working for a major game reviewer like ign or nintendo power. If you kept it short enough, you could possibly get it posted in a Nintendo power letter to the editor.

I agree with Sovieto, if your at the point of writing disgruntled letters, you probably need to compliment your wii with a 360 or PS3 to fill your online desires. Any major changes for the Wii's online service is not going to happen overnight.
and this is exactly why he should write it where do you think they get there research from? where do the public polling's come from? us So by him voicing his opinion he in turn is adding his input to public opinion. its the ones that don't say any thing and just accept that things are ok that don't get things changed. Why should he have to sell something that he bought and was promised that would have better online support? why should he have to sell something he bought and not voice his opinion about what he dislikes about it? People that don't speak up don't get heard.

yungblood6 said:
and this is exactly why he should write it where do you think they get there research from? where do the public polling's come from? us So by him voicing his opinion he in turn is adding his input to public opinion. its the ones that don't say any thing and just accept that things are ok that don't get things changed. Why should he have to sell something that he bought and was promised that would have better online support? why should he have to sell something he bought and not voice his opinion about what he dislikes about it? People that don't speak up don't get heard.

Nintendo is well aware of the faults and differences between their online service compared to others'. So the OP is not going to be telling them anything they've never heard. Also, I am not telling him not to send the letter, I am merely saying his voice may have a better impact if he sends it to some other influential people in the gaming world. Don't you think that if his questions/complaints got posted in an issue of Nintendo Power, it would be far more effective in getting the message across to Nintendo execs or whoever needs to hear it.

If you ask me, a great addition to this would be a petition of people that agree. The potential for lost revenue is what speaks the loudest.

ssbb_lover said:
That's nice. However, if it has nothing to do with hardware issues, I'm afraid they're going to drag it to the trash and press delete. Never know though, maybe they'll listen.
ya probably but good luck, very well written
edit:Having a hard drive would be much easier because if would provide an easier way to just transfer unused games or data to somewhere else for a while until you find you want to use them again, then you can just pull it right of your hard drive and onto your Wii.
your first line if needs to be it

Last edited:
hey most of the time when i see letters sent to nintendo they normally get responded too:wtf: wierd aint it? and if seen about 3-4 letters like this.
and remember nothings perfect, they always have to remove something to make room for something else, right?
but when i met my wii it was love at first site<3

You first paragraph has some conflicting logic - hardcore gamers (man do I *hate* that label) are confounded by the friend code, but so are casual gamers, so which is it? A side technology note - the whole point of pre-defined unique ID for the Wii made it much simpler than allowing user defined names, so I can understand the "by design" nature of this.

I also understand the personal security component of requiring a proactive exchange of FC's (vs. browsing for a friend), again I believe this is by design.

I do agree that once a friend is registered in the system that registration should be seamless across all online playable games (I had no idea it was implemented like this).

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the minutiae - from a high level read over you address three things:

- Improved friend system (including chat)
- Games with a harder difficulty level
- Expanded storage options

What you've written is fine, adding anything more just ups the noise quotient. Let it rip!

~DT

ssbb_lover said:
Problem is, even if they do read it, they can't just go up to Miyamoto and say, "Look at this Shiggy! A concerned customer, let's do what he says." To be honest kid, there's no way this is going to make it pass the common stooge who receives the emails.

yeah.. that's why i make a petition, so they will know that not just one person wants this friend code thing out.

phillepino said:
yeah.. that's why i make a petition, so they will know that not just one person wants this friend code thing out.

Im pretty sure they know that now.

skewzzme said:
Im pretty sure they know that now.

It's not actually having the wii friend code out...Cause is not that bad.
Believe me I wouldn't like random people appearing in my wii...
But what they could actually do is fix the games codes thingy like automatically pass all the friend codes that you got in you address book. Unless they create a quite good server in which you can see who it is so that you can play with them...but for now the friend thing is not that bad just need some fixing.

Holy **** i love you.

(not really)

But seriously, those are the two BIGGEST issues i have with the wii, the sd card problem and no headset, i really freaking hope that nintendo will look at this and realize what there doing, and fix it... SOON!!

yungblood6 said:

That's completely true, mate.

Back