First time update

pgs999

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2007
Hi,

Just connected my Wii to internet for the first time and selected the update function.

It saids "Updating...., please do not turn the power off. Please wait a moment".

It has been like this for 3 hours. Is this normal? if yes can anyone tell me how long time it will take before the update is finished?

Im using an ADSL connection so the speed is ok.

Im Guessin You Just Got Your Wii? If So Then The Wii Has To Update Your Wii From The 1st Ever Version To The Latest Version, So It Might Take A While. I Think Im Wrong But Thats Actually The Best Advice I Can Give You Mate.

If it stops, it's actually fine to pull the power. Mine was taking forever before I noticed it had stopped. I did a search, found this forum and saw some advice suggesting that if the net connection is interrupted, the Wii is unable to reconnect. I pulled the plug, no ill effects, and switched the router to Channel 11 which Nintendo say is one of the preferred ones. It then updated fine but it still took an hour.

Thank you guys for your quick replies.
I pulled the power cable and restarted the update and now its working.

I wish you a happy Wii year:lol:

Thanks Man You Too!:thumbsup: And I Know My Advice Was Crap But No Problemo!:lol::smilewinkgrin:

Back