First time user

mlempenau

WiiChat Member
Jun 26, 2013
Chiang Mai Thailand
I was given a model RVL-001 (USA). It has seen a lot of use. Both controllers do not work. It came with about 10 or 15 disks. I have been able to troubleshoot a little and the game itself is working (I think).

If I buy two new controllers should that be enough? If you were given this game ... what would you do? Is it worth fixing up? Thanks so much for helping. My grandkids will kiss you!! (maybe not!)

Do the controllers turn on and their lights flash? If they do, are the controllers unable to connect with the Wii?

One controller is broken for sure. The other one I can connect but it's very erratic. Extremely erratic. Which makes it difficult to know if the console is actually working correctly.

RVL-001 models were made between 2006 and 2011. If you bought the Wii used, it might just be getting old. But I doubt this as, despite being knocked over a few times, my own Wii is from 2006 and has had no problems connecting with controllers. Still plays almost every game just fine too.

So yeah, my guess is that the problem is indeed the controllers, especially since one of them is confirmed broken. I suggest buying a single new controller and seeing if it works properly.

Oh, and make sure your grandkids wear the Wii Remote's wrist strap if they aren't already.

That's what I was looking for ... some history. If they are holding up like that I'll take my changes on a new controller. Thanks a lot. Mike

Back