first wii usb feature a printer

tomqman said:
its a usb a to b cable i know what cable it is and every printer ive used and setup uses that connection and my friend asked me what its for because it was in his wii box

Almost every USB device with removeable cable uses that cable. Short of digital cameras.

And I'd still have to say your friend is either dumb or lying.

paintba||er said:

Maybe it was just sitting on the floor or something and he thought it came out of the box?
thats what i was thinking that he was mistaken but hes pretty sure that it did come with it. so i posted to see if any one else got a cable with a recently brought wii

I was thinking the same thing as paint.

I don't even get where it would have been mispackaged in the box. There is a slot every everything so I dunno where it would have been in the box. And you think he would have to be positive whether or not it came with the wii because if it is open like that then it was either not wrapped or he unwrapped it.

And why does ur picture show two different cables?

And if it was suppose to be in the box it would be on the label thing that shows where everything goes in the box.

the picture is of the same cables i took 2 last night and 1 this morning
and my phone doesnt have a flash

tomqman said:
the picture is of the same cables i took 2 last night and 1 this morning
and my phone doesnt have a flash

Are you saying there are two cables?

Because one is clearly light blue while the others are black

vagrant said:
Are you saying there are two cables?

Because one is clearly light blue while the others are black

ok smartass look at the carpet thats the same carpet same room.
see acording to you i went and got new carpet and cable this morning then took a picture. also if you enlarg the picture you can see its blue not black

tomqman said:
ok smartass look at the carpet thats the same carpet same room.
see acording to you i went and got new carpet and cable this morning then took a picture. also if you enlarg the picture you can see its blue not black

Lmao are you on roids or something? Went and got new carpet? All I did was ask if it was pictures of two different cables or one because the lighting makes the top pictures look like a dark colored cable.

let me try to squash this one and make my first post :)
Naturally if it was a "printer usb cable" (a-b) *DRIVERS* would be VERY necessary to be able to access a printer, unless it was specifically a printer that nintendo themselves have put out with some kind of drivers built into it, or a disc would come with it containing some kind of drivers.

I bought my wii 3 weeks ago, I have nothing similair to this that came in my packaging.

I think your girlfriends brother or whoever it was is pulling your leg, or perhaps set his box on the USB cable before he started opening the box perhaps?

None the less, its just a USB cable! :-D A cool colored one at that! hoorah!

Welcome to Wiichat!

That definitely looks like a USB cable that would be used for a printer, like mine...hence the square-like end on one side. I cannot tell but...is that blue cable very similar to the color of the Wii console and remote lights? By the way, how old is you friend?

Edit

Last edited:
sherwood3570 said:
That definitely looks like a USB printer cable...hence the square-like end on one side.

There is no such thing as a usb printer cable. Not all printers use the "square" connector which is actually called "B" like mentioned before. Ive seen printers that use Mini-b and cameras that use B like the Logitech Clicksmart series.

It would be like saying "thats a hub network cable" or "thats a VCR video cable"

Last edited:
ciper said:
There is no such thing as a usb printer cable. Not all printers use the "square" connector which is actually called "B" like mentioned before. Ive seen printers that use Mini-b and cameras that use B like the Logitech Clicksmart series.

It would be like saying "thats a hub network cable" or "thats a VCR video cable"

This is why I love you and hate everyone else in this thread.

Back