For the snowboarders amongst us....

registerednerd said:
I live on the verge of Kansas, so we only have one resort in the area, and it's artificial (and fairly small at that) :(

Heh, Nebraska isn't much better. It might snow a foot monday, but it will all be melted by 6 PM Tuesday. Its that way all the time. There isn't a resort in Nebraska to snowboard at, so I just go down a local hill which is relatively steep . Lol, last time I went there was a hole covered by snow and I was unfortunate enough to hit it. It didn't feel very good, the hole was close to the top and i slid almost all the way down on my frontside with very little on...

Dorkfish said:
Heh, Nebraska isn't much better. It might snow a foot monday, but it will all be melted by 6 PM Tuesday. Its that way all the time. There isn't a resort in Nebraska to snowboard at, so I just go down a local hill which is relatively steep . Lol, last time I went there was a hole covered by snow and I was unfortunate enough to hit it. It didn't feel very good, the hole was close to the top and i slid almost all the way down on my frontside with very little on...
our fake resort has some pretty fun slopes, but they're all fairly short (I think the longest one is 1/4 mi, and that one involves basically going diagonally across the entire resort. But, it does give us a place to go that's not too far away (about 30 min. if you drive the way my crew does). Since we all work together, we've made it a tradition to go out to the midnight run after closing every friday night during season.

Y'all are so friggin lucky!
I live where it doesn't even snow enough to make a snowball:(
I guess I'll just stick to skateboarding for now

Back