School Thread

Ergh! i hate registration! we get a whole 25minutes of a tutor who i hate and have had since first year! Shes a total cow aswell! SHe records you late if you are like 2minutes late in, and complain's so so much. She also sucks up to our year of head every time he enters! GOD, you must meet her!

Celestial said:
Yea it's the same school, I'm taking History ICT Psychology Maths... I don't actually know if it's hard yet, but it sounds like it's hard...
I did maths and IT, they weren't too bad. IT was sometimes hard as one of the modules was something stupid like 'IT in the real world' or something like that, but we had to do essays on teleworkers and boring things of that nature, and the teacher was awful. Maths was pretty easy though, how did you do at maths GCSE, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, I used to love my registration! My teacher would just sign us in, whatever time we came in, or if we didn't come in as long as someone told her we were in she'd mark us in. Infact, half the time we just did the register ourselves and marked us in for the afternoon and things so we wouldn't need to come in. Or we'd tell the teacher that we wouldn't be in reg. on say, Thursday, and she'd make a note and mark us in on that day. Good times.

Lewi T said:
I did maths and IT, they weren't too bad. IT was sometimes hard as one of the modules was something stupid like 'IT in the real world' or something like that, but we had to do essays on teleworkers and boring things of that nature, and the teacher was awful. Maths was pretty easy though, how did you do at maths GCSE, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, I used to love my registration! My teacher would just sign us in, whatever time we came in, or if we didn't come in as long as someone told her we were in she'd mark us in. Infact, half the time we just did the register ourselves and marked us in for the afternoon and things so we wouldn't need to come in. Or we'd tell the teacher that we wouldn't be in reg. on say, Thursday, and she'd make a note and mark us in on that day. Good times.

I got an A in maths, would've been an A* but my coursework was crappy, I can never be bothered with coursework, but I suppose I have to try a lot harder this year... I got 294/300 in my final Maths exam, so I'm not too bad at Maths...

Registration isn't too bad, I just don't know the teacher that much yet, she is nice, she will most likely let us get away with quite a few things later on in the year... I hope.

My first day of college starts tomorrow, I don't like how they've went about with the whole situation, nobody knows where to go and we haven't go given a map. I don't know how to get from campus to campus and I don't know any good places to go when I'm having my break.

They didn't tell me how to do my purple EMA form with the college clearly, the way they're doing it looks like I'll be about two weeks behind, that's £60 for me down the drain.

Luckily, I have a friend I used to know in my form class and my english class so I'll figure everything out with her.

I don't even know my bus route.

I'll see how things go when I start my lessons.

You should have an induction in college, you should spend your first day or two with your form tutor and he/she will give you a 'tour' of the place and show you where everything you need to know is.

Just ask your teacher how to do the EMA forms, their pretty simple and all the teachers will know how to do them. Also they let you back date them for the first couple of weeks cos everyone is still sorting themselves out, I got mine backdated from the first week we started until the last week before x-mas =] So you won't loose out on that money.

Long as you know where to get on the bus you should be fine.. once you're on just ask the driver, or if you get on at a station even better, there should be people around you can ask. =]

And good luck!

Celestial said:
I got an A in maths, would've been an A* but my coursework was crappy, I can never be bothered with coursework, but I suppose I have to try a lot harder this year... I got 294/300 in my final Maths exam, so I'm not too bad at Maths...

Registration isn't too bad, I just don't know the teacher that much yet, she is nice, she will most likely let us get away with quite a few things later on in the year... I hope.
You should be fine if you got an A in maths, you seem to know your stuff so everything should be all good! We didn't have maths coursework at GCSES (I don't think), so it was all exams, and maths exams are the best!

Also, Frogger, yeah as surfinrach said, they backdate any EMA payments so you'll get those 2 weeks worth if you don't get it sorted! A friend of mine didn't get his sorted for ages and ended up getting like a lump sum £200, plus the £100 bonus, so his account just went up £300! What college are you going to by the way? I'm guessing it's one in Liverpool...I'm sure everything will be okay though, I didn't really know much when I started uni but it all got figured out! I guess that's one of the reasons why I went to my school's 6th Form, rather than going to a 6th Form College, for the familiarity of everything, and it was just so close (I live like 5/10 minutes away from the school).

I am killing my science class!
I just got an A back from my hard grading teacher! WOOHOO
J'ai besoin d'etudier de la francais cette annee. J n'aime pas les verbes! :sick:
That's one class i'm gonna do badly on.

So hows it going with everyone else. Science is my favorite class. Wanna be a chef when I'm older.

To be honest it's quite different from what I expected. I must admit that the teachers are quite hard markers so I'm still getting used to what they expect from us. Other than that I'm having a good time. However, I've got three essays which are due within this month so I need to start working on them.

hahaha join the club. My teachers gave us about 3 or 4 due this month. one is on America's Civil War. Another is in religion (private school) and another is in Science and i believe there is one more.

Last week my teachers gave me an essay to do in every lesson, in two of my subjects, got rather boring my Thursday.

Have to hand in my photography journal on Monday, haven't quite started it yet, took it on holidays but was too busy so never got around to it. 40 odd pages to re-type then write into my journal. Tons of photographers to research. Even more pictures to stick in and annotate. Then I actually have to take my pictures, write about them etc. Discuss camera angles, lighting and all that jazz.

Oh I'm so not going to finish it by Monday.

On the plus side I had a B in an essay I spent half an hour doing before the lesson it had to be in by, and I didn't even finish it.

Uni's going alright really, it's just two out of the four modules are very hard, but it's not the actual work that's hard, it's the lecturers being absolutely SH*T! They are simply a joke.
In one of the other two modules though, we had a class test which is something like 10% of that module, and the test was EXACTLY the same as the mock test he had given us to look at, and by exact I mean the same numbers in the equations, word for word, everything! The class tests are usually the same as the mocks, but just with different numbers, but this was identical! I loved it! So I'll be happy with 100%.
I have a test in one of the hard modules though on Monday, so I'll just have to copy off of someone.

ugh! i have a freaking lab report due this tuesday, but i dont wanna do it, ugh!!!!!!! freaking science class.....

Lewi T said:
Uni's going alright really, it's just two out of the four modules are very hard, but it's not the actual work that's hard, it's the lecturers being absolutely SH*T! They are simply a joke.
In one of the other two modules though, we had a class test which is something like 10% of that module, and the test was EXACTLY the same as the mock test he had given us to look at, and by exact I mean the same numbers in the equations, word for word, everything! The class tests are usually the same as the mocks, but just with different numbers, but this was identical! I loved it! So I'll be happy with 100%.
I have a test in one of the hard modules though on Monday, so I'll just have to copy off of someone.

That's just not teaching properly... What would be worse is if they went over the mock... Which I'm expecting would have happened?

Frogger said:
That's just not teaching properly... What would be worse is if they went over the mock... Which I'm expecting would have happened?
No they didn't go over the mock, just gave us model answers. But I did the mock myself and then checked the answers, and so come the real test I could just remember all of the answers! To be fair though, that test was really easy, even if it was different from the mock.

But what I've noticed with many lecturers is that they simply do not care about teaching. Many just stand at the front, constantly talk for 50 minutes (as opposed to explaining) to the board rather than to the class, write lines and lines of equations on the board which mean nothing with no explanation, and then walk off happily with everyone's three thousand pounds in their pocket (obviously it's not simply distributed like that, but you know what I mean).

Back