FPS controls for wii...

BrandonMcAuslan

Special Olympics Medalist
Nov 21, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Whilst playing ssx-blur I started to wonder about why the nunchuck tilt hasn't been implemented into FPS games?

you could use the control stick on the nunchuk to turn - and the tillt function to strafe (or vice-versa). Allowing you to concentrate entirely on shooting with the remote - or holding it like a sword/lightsabre in certain games.

The tilt works in ssx? But could it work in FPS?

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Whilst playing ssx-blur I started to wonder about why the nunchuck tilt hasn't been implemented into FPS games?

you could use the control stick on the nunchuk to turn - and the tillt function to strafe (or vice-versa). Allowing you to concentrate entirely on shooting with the remote - or holding it like a sword/lightsabre in certain games.

it seems very logic...

its an option

Actually having to reload your own gun by hand with the nunchuck would be cool. It would add a much bigger strategy bit into a FPS, so you'll have to be quick and such.

BrandonMcAuslan said:

I thought the same thing when i was playing Wii Sports, then i got SSX Blur yesterday and it made me think it could work really well. Id put the control stick to turn and the nunchuk tilt as the strafe. For reload id have it as the Wii-mote being flicked downwards, kind of like the old lightgun games. Tilting the Wii-mote to lean might be good too.

I think seperating the body and gun movements would make for a fantastic fps and no other console could match it.

Back