Free Radical: Wii FPS has Huge Potential

As far as detailed storylines go, I still think the original Perfect Dark was one of the best storylines ever and it was on a cartridge. It flowed perfectly, each mission was relevant to the mission before it or a later mssion, and the story itself didn't drag on for ever. I also thought Red Steel had an awesome story and I guess I'm in the minority of people who actually enjoyed that game. (It got WAY better once I discovered focus mode). I think the case with a lot of games nowadays, (shooters especially) is that people think you have to have 20+ levels and a story arc that has at least 5 major twists in it otherwise the game is no good.

As for FPSs themselves, I think they're very much overdone. I loved Halo 2 online, but the single player game didn't hold my attention past the mission where you play the arbiter for the first time. It's just tiresome to see so many fpss out there that all basically play the same. Super-mega soldier elite does battle against alien/biohazard threat with HUGE guns, lots of grenades and crazy vehicles in which the only way to achieve victory is to blow up EVERYTHING. If it's not that, it's another WWII, kill a million nazis experience. I'd just like to play something different and hopefully Metroid will do the trick. I played Metroid Prime, but never played Echoes so perhaps Corruption will re-introduce substantial fpss to me.

As for fpss with Wii controls, I really can't think of a more accurate setup that the Wii remote. You point right at the thing you want to shoot; you can't get more precise than that.

masterjedi said:
As far as detailed storylines go, I still think the original Perfect Dark was one of the best storylines ever and it was on a cartridge. It flowed perfectly, each mission was relevant to the mission before it or a later mssion, and the story itself didn't drag on for ever.

greatest console shooter ever. better storyline and controls than Halo.

Wiinter said:
AFAIK: PS3 games will have the option of using BD, but to my knowledge, none have yet, and certainly most are still using DL DVD. For the 360 you have to buy the hd dvd player separately anyway, leaving you with DL DVD for capacity for games. The same as Wii, for now.
No, I think that all (or at least most) PS3 games use BD. I know for a fact that Resistance, MotorStorm, and the Darkness are all on BD.

paintba||er said:

No, I think that all (or at least most) PS3 games use BD. I know for a fact that Resistance, MotorStorm, and the Darkness are all on BD.

I stand corrected.

Back