Were you Impressed with the Wii?

ive only had it a day and i can already tell how amazing this will be when more games, apps, and accesories come out, even though by itself, its still nearly the best console on the market now.

I liked it for the first few hours I played it at a friends house, but it just got to boring. I have a PS3 so my standards are very high for generation 7 consoles. And the Wii has the same specs as the origional Xbox. So, the Wii would have done fine last generation but not this one.

allstar2b87 said:
I hope you sell it, and then never are able to find another one cause they become more "hot" then they already are, just because you want to sell it!
Somehow I don't see that happening. I doubt I will sell it anyway. I will just have to play my 360 and my PS3 (when it comes) for now. I would sell it, but as soon as I did some new game that I want would come out and I would just go buy another one.

i'm very impressed with teh wii, i was getting bored with same games same controls but better graphics (i used this logic in another thread too) people say they are getting broed with teh controls, well it's new, the controller you have in your hand(if it's not a wiimote) has basically been here since the NES

mushroomedmario said:
i'm very impressed with teh wii, i was getting bored with same games same controls but better graphics (i used this logic in another thread too) people say they are getting broed with teh controls, well it's new, the controller you have in your hand(if it's not a wiimote) has basically been here since the NES
and what system would you be comparing the Wii to?

mushroomedmario said:
I like the Six-Axis because it has motion sensing, but is also a regular gamepad and the whole console isn't based on motion sensing.

mushroomedmario said:
i dont' like the sixaxis cause it's like holding a ps1 controller, owning both previous playstation consoles, i got bored of it
I love the PS controllers because they feel perfect to me. The Wii's controller feels to awkward because the Wiimote and nunchuke only connected by a little wire and it loses connection far to easily.

Sythin said:
I liked it for the first few hours I played it at a friends house, but it just got to boring. I have a PS3 so my standards are very high for generation 7 consoles. And the Wii has the same specs as the origional Xbox. So, the Wii would have done fine last generation but not this one.
Can't see past graphics.

Yeah I'm also impressed :D , I have had the Wii since January and still enjoying it. Yes the game library is a little on the light side in original Wii games but there is an amazing collection coming in MP3, SSBB ect. Also there is the large catalogue of Cube games to back that up. Its simple, the controls are intuitive, easy to pick up and play and alot of fun :) !

@ onixgerald, there are a number of mature titles coming for the Wii including the likes of Man Hunt 2 and Scar face ect.

Give me online Brawl, and I'll be fine.

The Wii is awesome if you can have friends over a couple of days a week.
The lack of games with a good online system decreases the wii's replayability for most people.

If I had known I'd be letting my wii sit there for months at a time, I'd have spent that 600 bucks on something like... a 360 or PS3.
Heck. A new computer'd beat both of 'em.

paintba||er said:

Well the graphics wouldn't be such a big deal if the Wii offered something else that the other consoles haven't.
PS3 is still offering very little in the way of quality, it has 2 flagship games. Resistance is okay but isn't really offering anything new and doesn't have the "amazing graphics" PS3 supposedly has and Motorstorm which has nice graphics and a cack single player option. Whoopie!!!

huzzellio said:
PS3 is still offering very little in the way of quality, it has 2 flagship games. Resistance is okay but isn't really offering anything new and doesn't have the "amazing graphics" PS3 supposedly has and Motorstorm which has nice graphics and a cack single player option. Whoopie!!!
And the Wii has...? Not much besides Zelda.

Back