Developers Are Worried About Wii's Future

I THINK WHAT MOST PEOPLE ARE SAYING IS THAT:

WII NEEDS GOOD GAMES NOT SHITTY CRAPPY, GAMES LIKE BARNYARD AND MINIGAMES FOR KIDDIES.
WE ALL WANT A MASSIVE ADVENTURE WHICH WILL TAKE US ALL IN LIKE THE RATCHET SERIES AND THAT OTHER ONE.

I dont like sovieto

bigwilliiy said:
I THINK WHAT MOST PEOPLE ARE SAYING IS THAT:

WII NEEDS GOOD GAMES NOT SHITTY CRAPPY, GAMES LIKE BARNYARD AND MINIGAMES FOR KIDDIES.
What you're refering to is shovelware. To be honest, it's not just a problem with the Wii though. The PS2 has tonnes of shovelware as well, and they were the obvious winners of the past generation.

WE ALL WANT A MASSIVE ADVENTURE WHICH WILL TAKE US ALL IN LIKE THE RATCHET SERIES AND THAT OTHER ONE.
Never got taken in by Ratchet personally. Though looking forward to Galaxy and even Brawl's Adventure mode. Not to mention countless games that I know I'm going to get (which is really too many to mention).

I think the Wii will do fine for adventure games.

KrisKhaos said:
Personally I think this nameless president did not expect the Wii to take off, and now making up excuses to why they are late to the plate when it comes to why they are not developing for the Wii.

Ding!! Ding!! Ding!! We have a winner!!

I can't believe there is another thread on this. "sigh"

Again, I'll repeat what I have said at least three times. Developers like EA already apologized for not taking the Wii seriously and are starting focus more effort on the Wii. Another developer called his programmers lazy for not putting out better graphics on the Wii games.

Over 12 million in less than a year.
Expanded gaming market to include 7 - 70 year olds of both genders.

You know who got fired? The head of the group that created the PS3.
You know who's stock keeps going up while XBox 360 and PS3 prices keep getting cut? Nintendo.

i hate this kind of things, for example:

"gamers will abandon wii"
"Developers Are Worried About Wii's Future"
or
"only 67% of wii users use their wii everyday"

this kind of things have no point, since there are no evidence, also even if it's real......so???

games like wii sports or wii fitness etc, will keep up the wii, even without gta4 or etc....... :)

there are no possibilities that wii will fail like game cube or xbox, most people do not mind of hd graphics.....just fun, and that's exactly why wii is so popular,

also.....what about the famous "halo3", it just boosted the xbox360 sales for a month, while the difference between them was so small........now the wii is the leader again, halo3 is not enough....hehehehe!!

Last edited:
af far a im concerned the wii is still in great shape, i belive that sales in japan declined becauuse of the lack of "signature" games from nintendo......but we all know what coming in the near future , bwii, galaxy, brawl,day of crisis,and mario kart.......the wii sales will sky rocket.......if anyone is in danger of sales loss in my opinion would be microsoft.......but its very unlikely......microsoft has just realesed their biggest gun "halo 3" and what next?? people are left wondering when they get sick of halo 3 "what now??" im not sure cause i dont keep up with 360 news , but as far as i know there wont be anymore "signature" titles from microsoft anytime soon........microsoft can only go 1 direction after september........DOWN.........and the wii??? UP

lenitao3 said:

This is the type of BS that isn't true. You see, when they get together these percentages they are calculating them off of answer similar to one that I would give if asked. If I were asked how regularly I use my wii I'd probably say "Well, probably about once every few days." This is the only information they would take but really that statement was followed by this "But the wii is great and by the end of these next two months I'll be using my wii non-stop!" They would most likely disregard that statement completely. The only reason sales have dropped this month is because
1. School started a few months ago and parents are focused on that souly, not to mention college fees and what not for those attending.
2. not enough games exist and by the end of November Nintendo will most likely see a large increase in sales.

I don't think that the Wii is in trouble. I think they have nothing better to talk about so the news decided to write some bs.

There is also a myth about the dearth of good games for the Wii. There are more good games than I can afford to own actually. If you have the following games you are set for Wii gaming for now:

Super Paper Mario
Zelda: TP
Metroid
Resident Evil 4
Good Father Blackhand
... and for friendly competions
Tiger Woods 08
Madden 08
The Bigs
mario stricker

Not all of these games are of the highest quality but they are fun. There are obviously more as well.

yeap.....of course the wii is not in trouble (i can say it's the opposite).....the only thing missing is a Grand Theft Auto exclusive for wii....:(

and thats not to mention all the great games that are being released in the next few months....^^

I would say that i play my Wii about every 2 days on average. I have had spells where i havent played it all, the longest being for 3 weeks. Ive also had spells were ive virtually played it nonstop, at the moment Mario Strikers is occupying most of my free time. The games that i want the most are all coming in the next 6 months too so im very happy with the Wii so far.

The 3rd party issue is nothing new. Developers were all caught out by the success of the Wii so they had to port games over quickly. People dont want to buy shabby ports so the games dont sell well, then developers cry about it. There shouldnt be any excuses now though, they know the Wii has been a success so they should have started producing good original games. Everybody usually rags on EA for being lazy but at least they have started producing some Wii specific content, the other developers need to follow suit.

Yes I realize there has been threads like this.
But the news I posted there is new news, not news from a few months back.

I apologize for trying to get some good discussion going.
Shaeeez.

lenitao3 said:
i hate this kind of things, for example:

"gamers will abandon wii"
"Developers Are Worried About Wii's Future"
or

this kind of things have no point, since there are no evidence, also even if it's real......so???

games like wii sports or wii fitness etc, will keep up the wii, even without gta4 or etc....... :)

there are no possibilities that wii will fail like game cube or xbox, most people do not mind of hd graphics.....just fun, and that's exactly why wii is so popular,

also.....what about the famous "halo3", it just boosted the xbox360 sales for a month, while the difference between them was so small........now the wii is the leader again, halo3 is not enough....hehehehe!!
rofl denying this article--thats a whole new level of sad.

Sovieto said:
rofl denying this article--thats a whole new level of sad.

/\ dont say anything unless you have something nice to say....homo

anyways,

What you're refering to is shovelware. To be honest, it's not just a problem with the Wii though. The PS2 has tonnes of shovelware as well, and they were the obvious winners of the past generation.

Can someone explain shovelware? i dont really understand.

Never got taken in by Ratchet personally. Though looking forward to Galaxy and even Brawl's Adventure mode. Not to mention countless games that I know I'm going to get (which is really too many to mention).

I think the Wii will do fine for adventure games.

Im not saying wii isnt for adventure games, im saying they arent realeasing one that will blow our heads off (except for zelda that was awesome...cant comment on MP3, filthy americans get it first)
My point being is that once you got the market intreseted (in this case the wii and soccer mum and little girls) you should focus on 1 point and the market will buy the product.

Back