Developers Are Worried About Wii's Future

I don't like how starved we are of serious rpgs and shooters. I don't want to bang on Square or EA but they release titles with kid-like characters like My Sims or Chronicles. It's almost like companies think they can make block busters for the other two systems then come to the Wii and make games that appeal to kids.

It's almost like a conspiracy and I'm starting to think that more and more. Nintendo consoles are always companied with horrible NickeloadianSP type games. I honestly think that the big N needs to create something more mature beyond Zelda or Metroid. I also think that they are stuck up. It seems like they are convinced that Mario games is what everybody wants.

I have pushed Nintendo to the side recently. I want to slash or snipe more animated objects in the head.

I think that they are worried because the Wii is ancient technology. Yeah the wiimote is cool, but all we have been getting are ports with waggle support. Twilight Princess falls in that category also :yikes: yep! There has been nothing AAA or must have coming to Wii except for Nintendo franchises. There's also the random shovelware coming to Wii that nobody has heard about. I like the Wii's potential, but if we don't get anything substantial post Metroid, Galaxy, and Brawl, then we have another Gamecube on our hands.

I read a similar article on IGN and it's just totally stupid.

If the 3rd party developers would quit being wusses(what is the plural of wuss?) and actually make a DECENT game with GOOD looking graphics, generally people would buy their games. Also, spending time on the control scheme is important. People aren't going to want a game that is poorly developed.

I promise if they improved their output, the third party profits will go up.

I'm fairly confident that if games like Manhunt 2 and Trauma Center live up to their hype and do really well, other 3rd party developers will see it's possible, and worth it to produce better quality games

RivalDestiny said:
What he's trying to say is that 3rd party developers need to improve on making games. In my opinion I've seen no games from the 3rd party that really made me say "wow, that was a good game".

Many 3rd party games on the Gamecube looked very promising but ended up playing like crap.

Many of us saw a great future for the Wii a month in when it was released. Now it's almost a year old, and we have not seen anything eye-catching. Also some things Nintendo promised us never happened...

Don't get me wrong, Nintendo makes fantastic games, but they need some
support or else the console won't succeed later in life.

I don't see how Nintendo would make more money if third parties make crap games...wouldn't they lose money? People will own most of Nintendo games, but most people can't just live with those, we have to have some other content outside of Nintendo.

Resident Evil 4 deserves a "wow, that's a good game" ^_^

Squall7 said:
All very subjective though. Also depends on your social circles. Personally, I know quite a few people that are still playing about with their Wii's, maybe not on a daily basis, but definately often enough to warrant their purchase. Also, most of them are looking forward to titles that are coming out over this holiday. Then, of course, there's still those ones that haven't had the opportunity or money to get themselves a Wii yet...

I think you shot yourself in the foot there. Most people that own a Wii that I've ever talked to is either looking forward to a game that is coming over the christmas peroid or before or many of them. And I'm sorry that I haven't got your taste in games, but I don't really see anything released as of yet that has really sold me on the 360.

Whoa, you're forgetting that all consoles usually have dry summers. And secondly, that's rubbish. There's plenty of third party titles that people are looking forward to.

Galaxy, Brawl and Mario Kart not enough for you? Can't really say anything about third party titles, because they've not yet proven their quality in as much depth as Nintendo (which everybpdy trusts to bring out AAA titles), but some really do look very promising.

I have to ask, you always seem so down on the Wii. If it doesn't hold your interest, why does bitching on it seem to make it up for you?
half my post was about third party. there are NO AAA titles from third party devs on the wii, there were. nintendo did get mp3 at the end of summer but thats a AAA title from nintendo but once they beat that and are done with it, what do they do? look forward to the next AAA title, which would be another nintendo game, yes this is mostly the third parties fault but its also ingrained in the nintendo fans head to constantly look forward to the next AAA title being released by nintendo.
AAA titles define consoles and yes there are great games coming but all the AAA titles are from nintendo and nintendo cant hold keep people hooked with just their games, as history shows.

your last comment is totally unneeded, its your fault you missed the entirety of my post--and who cares if this is down on the wii? this article is DOWN on the wii, obviously it seems like things that i put out--which mostly arent my personal opinions or opinions at all is right on.

Last edited:
Lol I think the Wii is going down hill with the lack of release titles and delays right now IMO
But lets wait until SSBB Release and see if Nintendo is going to go up or down.....
I'm gonna stick with Pc Gaming =] I like Competition and so far in the Wii has no Tournaments

Sovieto said:
half my post was about third party. there are NO AAA titles from third party devs on the wii, there were.
Well, none that are exclusive to the Wii, but then outside of Nintendo, people want to make as much money as possible, and would program for multiple platforms anyway.

nintendo did get mp3 at the end of summer but thats a AAA title from nintendo but once they beat that and are done with it, what do they do?
What does anyone do when they beat a single player adventure/story based game? It's not a problem with Metroid, it's part of the type of game it is.

look forward to the next AAA title, which would be another nintendo game, yes this is mostly the third parties fault but its also ingrained in the nintendo fans head to constantly look forward to the next AAA title being released by nintendo.
So what you're saying is that because Nintendo make such good quality games, people always look forward to the next one, and that this is somehow a problem?

AAA titles define consoles and yes there are great games coming but all the AAA titles are from nintendo and nintendo cant hold keep people hooked with just their games, as history shows.
True, but then the Wii is getting more support than the Gamecube got, and are generally in better standing overall.

your last comment is totally unneeded, its your fault you missed the entirety of my post--and who cares if this is down on the wii? this article is DOWN on the wii, obviously it seems like things that i put out--which mostly arent my personal opinions or opinions at all is right on.
I didn't miss the entirity of your post. I disagreed with it. And my last question was based on pretty much every comment you've said on this forum. No matter what the subject, you always fall on the "anti-Nintendo" front.

Oh, and Wii's have still been selling out, massively. Not to mention that developers are continually adding to the collection. There is no evidence of slowdown whatsoever, so there is evidently no fact to base this "downer" on, and therefore can only be subject to someone's very personal opinion.

Not far off one year on and it's still selling out. I don't really take that as a bad sign.

If this was a really truthful piece, they would have made an article on the PS3 failing (lack of backwards compatibility, plenty of stocks, massive price cuts, etc...).

Oh, and this whole AAA title palava: A game doesn't have to have a big budget or be well advertised to be good. There's plenty of games coming that aren't AAA that look like fun.

phillepino said:
Resident Evil 4 deserves a "wow, that's a good game" ^_^

Yeah it's a "wow", but I've already enjoyed the game 2 years ago on the gamecube, I need some new content coming to the Wii instead of ported games..

CantGetAWii said:
Anyone feel the Wii is in danger?
Personally I don't feel the Wii is in any harm at all, for now at least.

Well, i feel that there are only 2 "hardcore" games out for the Wii atm (Z:TP + MP3), and that maybe the only reason its sales are declining in jap'n. IK that quirky wierd games do good in jap'n, and there are ALOT of them for the Wii, but c'mon, hardcore jap'nese gamers need some love! I think that once some of the new, hardcore games come out, the sales in jap'n should boost back up.

Dorkfish said:
Well, i feel that there are only 2 "hardcore" games out for the Wii atm (Z:TP + MP3), and that maybe the only reason its sales are declining in jap'n. IK that quirky wierd games do good in jap'n, and there are ALOT of them for the Wii, but c'mon, hardcore jap'nese gamers need some love! I think that once some of the new, hardcore games come out, the sales in jap'n should boost back up.
oh gawd not the "all the games are casual" arguement again. . . if you look at the games only a handful are really "casual"

there is a lack of good games but if you think those two are the only "hardcore" games, you need to look harder.

JAKE196 said:
oh gawd not the "all the games are casual" arguement again. . . if you look at the games only a handful are really "casual"

there is a lack of good games but if you think those two are the only "hardcore" games, you need to look harder.

There are some great hardcore games, but not enough to satisfy the crowd. MP3 and Z:TP I enjoyed, RE4 and Godfather I've already played on previous consoles, so there isn't much out...but I can't wait for Galaxy, Smash, Fire Emblem, and Battalion Wars 2 in the upcoming months...but we'll see..

Squall7 said:
Well, none that are exclusive to the Wii, but then outside of Nintendo, people want to make as much money as possible, and would program for multiple platforms anyway.

What does anyone do when they beat a single player adventure/story based game? It's not a problem with Metroid, it's part of the type of game it is.

So what you're saying is that because Nintendo make such good quality games, people always look forward to the next one, and that this is somehow a problem?

True, but then the Wii is getting more support than the Gamecube got, and are generally in better standing overall.

I didn't miss the entirity of your post. I disagreed with it. And my last question was based on pretty much every comment you've said on this forum. No matter what the subject, you always fall on the "anti-Nintendo" front.

Oh, and Wii's have still been selling out, massively. Not to mention that developers are continually adding to the collection. There is no evidence of slowdown whatsoever, so there is evidently no fact to base this "downer" on, and therefore can only be subject to someone's very personal opinion.

Not far off one year on and it's still selling out. I don't really take that as a bad sign.

If this was a really truthful piece, they would have made an article on the PS3 failing (lack of backwards compatibility, plenty of stocks, massive price cuts, etc...).

Oh, and this whole AAA title palava: A game doesn't have to have a big budget or be well advertised to be good. There's plenty of games coming that aren't AAA that look like fun.
i quit reading half way through, everything i say is negative apparently to you so i wont even bother.

Sovieto said:
i quit reading half way through, everything i say is negative apparently to you so i wont even bother.
Bit snippy isn't it?

And am I not justified in saying that you seem to only have negative things to say about the Wii?

Bah, it's all inconsequential anyway...

Squall7 said:

The Wii selling out is great, but that doesn't prove much. The console may deliver, but the games also need to. The thread isn't really based on the Wii console, but it is about the games and how Nintendo is approaching it. It doesn't matter how many AAA titles there are, doesn't matter how many games Nintendo pushes out...but they must appeal to the whole crowd. And so far, not many have impressed me or the people that I know of. Just hope Nintendo can pull through and actually release some good-quality games.

Honestly, most 3rd party games are garbage, I don't care what ya say... Call me a fanboy call me what you will...

About 5 years ago I quit playing console games all together. Why? Because they just stopped making good games. You would think that games could only get better as technology increases, not really though. Instead of making games better the industry got so big that quality was no longer an issue. Sorry for all you "hardcore" gamers but that's the truth... You think any game nowadays is gonna last more than a year anymore? I remember when I built my first gaming PC... Played Counter Striker for YEARS, played starcraft for YEARS... People still play starcraft for cryin out loud. People aren't like that anymore. I bought the Wii only because it was a change. If 3rd parties can't step away from the money for 2 seconds and make a long term decision then screw them. In the long run those companies will run them self into the ground.

Now I don't just love Nintendo, I have been letting my Wii collect dust ever since the Halo3 release because yea I love the game. But that's just 1 game I love on the xbox, gears is decent too but the rest of the games either blow or would be better to get on the PC... Everyone loves all the garbage though, blood guts titties and beer is all a game needs to survive anymore.

Do I fear for the Wii... Nope, could care less if 3rd parties don't step it up, I bought it for the games I have grown to love. The real games that made this industry. The ORIGINALITY...

Back