Developers Are Worried About Wii's Future

bigwilliiy said:
/\ dont say anything unless you have something nice to say....homo

anyways,

Can someone explain shovelware? i dont really understand.

Im not saying wii isnt for adventure games, im saying they arent realeasing one that will blow our heads off (except for zelda that was awesome...cant comment on MP3, filthy americans get it first)
My point being is that once you got the market intreseted (in this case the wii and soccer mum and little girls) you should focus on 1 point and the market will buy the product.
homo? what the hell was that? dont say anything if youre just going to be a hypocrite about it (esp. with 12 year old insults)

bigwilliiy said:
Can someone explain shovelware? i dont really understand.
wikipedia said:
The term "shovelware" has more recently been used in a more general sense by video game reviewers to indicate any product of disappointingly low quality due to a lack of time and effort by the developers. For example, Adam Sessler of X-Play described the Playstation 3 launch game Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire as "shovelware of the highest order", which took little advantage of the new system's capabilities and was rushed out in order for it to be a launch title [1].
Stuff like Ninjabread man and such would be classed as this.

Im not saying wii isnt for adventure games, im saying they arent realeasing one that will blow our heads off (except for zelda that was awesome...cant comment on MP3, filthy americans get it first)
I feel your pain there. Although a friend of mine is getting a copy for me when it comes out in the UK (26th October), 25% staff discount.

My point being is that once you got the market intreseted (in this case the wii and soccer mum and little girls) you should focus on 1 point and the market will buy the product.
Very true. I think the Wii is also doing pretty damn well at that at the mo. I think the general concensus is that the Wii is not in trouble at the moment, and there's plenty of evidence supporting that point.

I think the Wii is fine. I just got mine yesterday and they've been selling like hotcakes. I called a place looking for one a few days ago, they said they got 10 in the morning and they were sold out by noon so I think they're doing good.

ssbb_lover said:
Wii in danger?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/retailed/wii-passes-xbox-360-in-worldwide-sales-292442.php

That was 2 months ago.

With games such as Mario Kart, Galaxy, Brawl, Animal Crossing, etc. coming out...hell no. HELL no.
he just proved the point some of you were making--and i was too.

Squall7 said:
Very true. I think the Wii is also doing pretty damn well at that at the mo. I think the general concensus is that the Wii is not in trouble at the moment, and there's plenty of evidence supporting that point.
you think?

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
Squall7 said:
you think?
Not sure whether that was a mistake on your part or was trying in some obscure way to undermine what I said. Surely you meant to embolden the "well" at the same time. "I think the Wii is also doing pretty damn" doesn't really work.

In essence, this post was a waste of time and contributed nothing to the discussion itself. I wonder why I've done that.... :idea: :shifty:

Squall7 said:
Not sure whether that was a mistake on your part or was trying in some obscure way to undermine what I said. Surely you meant to embolden the "well" at the same time. "I think the Wii is also doing pretty damn" doesn't really work.

In essence, this post was a waste of time and contributed nothing to the discussion itself. I wonder why I've done that.... :idea: :shifty:
lol it was a mistake, were you expecting it to be some time of insult to nintendo? :lol:

Back