Were you Impressed with the Wii?

same here with all the people saying they are bored. I played wii sports a lot when i got it but now i rarely ever play it unless i have people over who have never seen/played a wii. I also have wii play which i stopped playing the day i got it. Then i have LoZ: TP it's fun but i guess i just haven't been playing that much. I am having a lot more fun with Call of duty 2, Halo, and Counter Strike: Source for the PC.

Yes. I like that I can play Gamecube games on it & the Virtual Console is nice. A lot of those old games are new to me cause I never had that stuff. I loved Wii Sports and Wii Play was pretty good. I'm hoping they come up with some better games though.

I must admit, when i first got the Wii i wouldn't leave it alone, however now I don't use it nearly as much. It's good because the wife and I will sometimes spend an evening bowling and stuff and spending time together, but unless i've got mates over I don't really use it.

The best time i've had with it so far is when I took it on an Army Cadet weekend (I'm an Adult Instructor), and most of us were up till 2am playing Wii bowling and stuff! Got very competitive especially with the addition of lots of beer!

I still like playing it but I don't as much anymore. I do play it for quite a while when I have friends or my cousins over. But lately I haven't really been into playing games. My brother has an xbox360 and my sister a ps3 but they aren't that much fun anymore. I'd rather go out with friends or go on the computer.

I've been holding a pad in the same manner since 1985 when "Level 1-1" came on the screen.
The only thing that has evolved 22 years (yes 22 years) in that time is more buttons and analogue sticks.

From an old gamer point of view, it's nice to just have something different.

I just love the wii because it streamlines all of nintendos games into one neat package. Even though they are taking their sweet ass time with any good vc releases.

The game library is lacking sure. But theres enough there to keep us going. I'm still playing my Wii. I did have a patch where I wasn't playing as much for a month or so once I had completed Zelda but since Mario Strikers has been out I've been playing a hell of a lot. I personally am impressed that a console has kept me interested so consistently. Normally I get bored of consoles v. v. quickly and go back to PC gaming. But the Wii has the potential to makes 3rd person shooters actually fun and make console FPS's actually worth playing. And yes, I include Halo in that. Halo might be awesome for the Xbox but compared to playing Half Life 2 on a pc it's shite.

I've had it for 3 months and still love it. I have Wii Sports, The Godfather, and Wii Play for it. I also have Tecmo Bowl, Kid Icarus, Super Mario World, and Ocarina of Time on the VC that keep me busy. I think it's a great system. I also think too many people lack patience with it.

Overall I'm impressed with the Wii. I've only got a few games and they kept me busy up till about a month of playing a fair bit. Then I stopped for a while altogether and went play other stuff. I came back with a new game and getting back into most of my older games like Wii Sports. I'm looking forward to more mature titles like Resident Evil 4 and Brawl.

IcedEarth81 said:
I've had it for 3 months and still love it. I have Wii Sports, The Godfather, and Wii Play for it. I also have Tecmo Bowl, Kid Icarus, Super Mario World, and Ocarina of Time on the VC that keep me busy. I think it's a great system. I also think too many people lack patience with it.

QFT. I'm happy with it. I'm just waiting for some of the upcoming games.

I don't think you can really go wrong with a Wii. The main reason i want to buy 1 is for excercise. Im a bit lazy to go to the gym or for a run, so i figure doing a bit of Wii tennis or boxing once or twice a week should get the heart pumping.

So even if im bored with the games eventually ill still use it for excercise :)

right now i luv my wii it is to the best console. but with sucky games. i think wii sports is pretty tight. but soon the sports is gonna be all pro and then its gonna get boring. i play by myself, although i think right now the best game to me is ZELDA tp. i like smooth moves but it stops the signal on my wiimote, i like paper mario but they talk too much. right now i give wii a 8 out of 10

paintba||er said:
I was impressed for about the first week or two before the novelty of the controller wore off. I have been considering putting mine on eBay and buying one later when/if some games come out. I don't think the graphics are going to get too much better either. It isn't capable of too much more than the GC.

I hope you sell it, and then never are able to find another one cause they become more "hot" then they already are, just because you want to sell it!

Back