Fps?

"brothers in arms: road to hill 30" or something like that.

shouldn't be much different from moh:h2 really, so don't get your hopes up =/

cod3
moh:v
moh:h2
bia:rth30
cod5

...anyone seeing a (disappointing) trend in the wii's fps titles?

Apple Guy said:
Call of duty 5

Isn't that over a year away?

Road to Hill 30, online at all?

One shooter this year is it, surely there has to be something else out there. Someone on this board made a good point the other day, the Wii is plagued with mindless casual crapware, while the other consoles are flooded with repetitive shooters, to bad the developers can't find some balance.

Yea the Wii isnt really goin to be gettin much of FPS games...

and its not that the Wii is "bein plagued with mindless casual crapware"..its just that, thats not there style. Nintendo was never into the FPS games.

But i do agree with you that there should be some sort of balance

The timesplitters game that is coming out for the wii. It probably won't come out until 2009 though.

Other then that I haven't really heard of any good FPS games coming out for the wii. I want some splitscreen action!

I'm kinda lookin forward to Redsteel 2 also, cause I'm sure they found out how to make it control better.

I got a Wii because I wanted something beyond just the constant deluge of FPSs, sports, and racing games.

sremick said:
I got a Wii because I wanted something beyond just the constant deluge of FPSs, sports, and racing games.

Another good point, variety is what the Wii does best, just every once in awhile I would like to join a server and blast people for no apparent reason, ya know. At least I have TF2 for that, unfortunately after MOH:H2, I am spoiled by the Wii's controls. I would just like to see something new on the Wii. Something innovative and fresh, not just another WWII shooter.

Don't get me wrong: I've lost plenty of my life to Unreal Tournament.

But I got bored sick of the fact that most games (if they're not sports or racing games) boil down to just another FPS with a different setting and different graphics. The fact that the Wii would break that mold was a big reason that I bought a Wii after not owning a single game console since my original NES.

I wouldn't mind a good FPS for the Wii, but it'd only take one to make me happy (and preferably, not one with a contemporary or retro war theme). Actually some of the games I liked the best when I was younger was fighter jet/helicopter games... not seeing any of that on the horizon for the Wii yet either.

sremick said:

That's funny because I bought the Wii FOR FPSs. I thought the Wii would have zillions to choose from since the controls are so much better for that type of game. Needless to say, I'm disappointed. I don't want another world war shooter. I was hoping that new, innovative titles would be coming along by now but so far no dice. I'm going to get House of the Dead 2 & 3 out of desperation. LOL

Icandy said:
That's funny because I bought the Wii FOR FPSs. I thought the Wii would have zillions to choose from since the controls are so much better for that type of game.
You're new to Nintendo, aren't you?

Any Nintendo system is not one to have "zillions" of bloody shoot-em-up FPSs. Maybe the Wii remote lends itself well to the concept, but this is Nintendo. This is Nintendo's idea of an FPS. <-- linky

Nintendo knows how to make FPS games let alone non childish ones look at Giest on Gamecube ,and Elebits wasn't a Nintendo made game it was done by Konami.

I know it isn't going ,but I would love to see either a port ,or even a sequel of Black. I think this summer we'll get hit with a bunch of news with bigger badder games coming to the Wii just right now developers are trying to finish ,and publish what they had already announced since launch ,and such.

Back