Free streaming music player for the Wii

i like it alot! ive been browsing around on it for a while now with my family and it has so many songs! one criticsim tho is that aswell as a search function for the artist it should have a search for song titles too. and instead of playing one of the artists songs and then going to a totally different one, that it keep playing the same artists songs

also i created a playlist and registered on the specified site but then when i go on the above link with my wii and enter my profile name it says profile not found :S

Thanks for the feedback. To answer some questions:
The Wii player is a beta, but the actual system is out and available now. You can find it at www.finetune.com. Finetune is one of our clients, we built the flash based player on their site as well as a version you can embed on a blog. The one for the wii still has bugs, but we will keep working on it. Thanks for the feature suggestions, we plan on adding features as it rolls out. As for how they make money, right now they are building listeners. They will eventually make money through things like sponsorship. For example, maybe Coke can bring you the Wii music channel. Right now it's free. And 100% legal, thats why you can't play a specific song or go back to a previously played song - it's part of the music licensing.

csiguy4u said:
So how are paying for the rights to play these songs? Or are you just going to worry about it once you get sued?

badhairdave said:
And 100% legal, thats why you can't play a specific song or go back to a previously played song - it's part of the music licensing.

Thats what you get for being an asshole all the time.

i've entered my profile via PC on the web. but when I tried to look for my profille to play my playlist via wii, it says "Profile not found" even though I can see myself from search on the regular (not wii interface) finetune site.

I do have a playlist too.

Bug?

Last edited:
Sweet!

This is a very nice site. I love the design very Wii looking! I see how this works, and it's very similar to Launchcast that I can use via my BT Yahoo account.

on Launchcast you can listen to the free version that has advets and you can only skip 10 songs per day or you can pay for it (unless you have a BT Yahoo account) and then you get advert free skip all you want music.

As for how they make money I don't really care that's none of my business and good luck to them I know I will be using this site, and I totaly agree that this should be a Wii Channel.

Awesome! Thanks for the link :D

u dont have too pay for this as all the music supported on the site has had permission from the record labels!!

yes the profile not found is a bug because it hasnt been finished yet!!

Back