friend codes for project m (ssbb) wifi safe version

You said Fountain of Dreams is not good for Ike. You obviously have not been KO'd by my random F-Smashes or U-Smashes yet.

It's not good for his combos but I've played Ike on FoD and he's easy to bait if he has nowhere to side B and gain control of the neutral game

It's not good for any character's combos. If you play a fast character like Sonic or Captain Falcon on FoD, you almost have no chance of winning.

The only way I won was throwing out Ike's strongest potential kill moves, and they almost always hit since the stage is so ridiculously small.

You're right but I play sheik and I know falco had a good approach on hard hitters on that stage. I like getting close it to my opponents, it gets me hard. FoD isn't my favorite stage but it keeps you on your toes and keeps you aggressive.

You're right but I play sheik and I know falco had a good approach on hard hitters on that stage.
Approaching doesn't matter if every direction you turn there is someone attacking. Although running into them may not be the best idea...

I like getting close it to my opponents, it gets me hard.
waitwut

FoD isn't my favorite stage but it keeps you on your toes and keeps you aggressive.
This Melee air-dodging system keeps you aggressive. Project M is all about combos, with its really long hitstun and inability to air-dodge more than once. Combos are hard to execute when you're trapped in such a small environment, where you need to focus on just defensive play and not falling off. Sure, it's good to go offense and attack, but chances are you'll get hit by someone else's attack before yours can start.

EDIT: It's why I kept spamming U-Smash on FoD with KNIFE earlier. It has low start-up lag and all-around good range. And it's a potent kill move.

Last edited:
anyone down to play, i'm hosting right now

... Trago, ya do realize you're (attempting to) debate metagame with a tourneyplayer, yeah? Ain't a Brawl you can win bro. No Contest that ****.

FoD is a great stage

Says the Melee player. >_>

It's not good for any character's combos. If you play a fast character like Sonic or Captain Falcon on FoD, you almost have no chance of winning.

Oh, that's not true at all. FoD is definitely a good counterpick* against mobility-reliant characters, but far as I know, there ain't any stages that literally make match-ups almost impossible... and are legal.

*so y the karp is fod a neutral

Oh, that's not true at all. FoD is definitely a good counterpick* against mobility-reliant characters, but far as I know, there ain't any stages that literally make match-ups almost impossible... and are legal.
Almost. But you were the one that said Falcon is horrible when ganged up upon.

connection issues

I'm stuck with a 6mb connection right now :(

Last edited by a moderator:
... Then I take it that absurd lag wave when I first joined was from your connection? >_>;

Back