Funny Sayings/slang Used In Your State/country

Cpt.McCloud said:
'ave you = I'd beat you in a fight

Bosh = good
Same round here for 'ave you'.

Lmao, 'to bosh' means something completely different to me, although it still is good!

Someone mentioned 'buzzin', round here that means like, e.g. if I'm buzzin', then I'm really happy about something.

Frogger said:
Once I completely forgot what "arn' alf" meant, and it still doesn't make much sense. It's like if something "isn't half good," I dunno, I think that's more negative but we use it positively.

Anyway, and "E R" just totally means "Here you are," I don't think it gets much more simplified than that. xD
I think it could mean that it isn't half good, it's more than half good! Therefore it could be positive!

I can't think of more, there's absolutely loads though.

in Florida, my family says "y'all" (you all), "yumptoo?" (want to?), and "cheetyet?" (did you eat yet?) that's really all I can think of for now

Frogger said:
Every language other than English is "back to front". ;)

Once I completely forgot what "arn' alf" meant, and it still doesn't make much sense. It's like if something "isn't half good," I dunno, I think that's more negative but we use it positively.

Anyway, and "E R" just totally means "Here you are," I don't think it gets much more simplified than that. xD

Are you sure it's not like OUR saying that says, "It isn't half bad?

That would make much more sense as a positive, as it is used here as well.

You had better not bust that out on me. :scared: Ahh, I'll have my ways of shutting you up. :)

Nope, it's definitely good, but I just assume that's negative, not more.

Never fear! I'm going to annoy you for saying 'wern' for weren't and wasn't anyway.

Back