DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Kinda good news that something that has been mostly good is coming back

Nice to see that Groening is working on one of his better series.
Six years after getting axed by Fox, Futurama is being resurrected on Comedy Central.
A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox Television confirms that the cable net has ordered 26 new episodes of Matt Groening and David X. Cohen's late, great animated series to air beginning in 2010. The studio cites Futurama's "blockbuster" performance on DVD and in reruns on Comedy Central as the reason for its rebirth.
Hmmm... sound familiar?
"When we brought back Family Guy several years ago, everyone said that it was a once in a lifetime thing -- that canceled series stay canceled and cannot be revived," 20th Century Fox TV Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden said in a joint statement. "But Futurama was another series that fans simply demanded we bring back, and we couldn’t have been happier when Matt and David agreed that there were many more stories yet to tell."
Adds Groening: "We’re thrilled Futurama is coming back. We now have only 25,766 episodes to make before we catch up with Bender and Fry in the year 3000."
I have a hunch Groening isn't the only one doing a happy dance. (That's your cue to start filling up the comments section.)
Via Entertainment weekly

Edit-
As excited as I was about the return of Futurama, FOX has once again ruined that experience by their callous actions. According to no less than cast members John DiMaggio, Phil LaMarr, and Maurice LaMarche on their Facebook pages, a casting notice has gone out to replace actors DiMaggio, LaMarche, Billy West and Katy Sagal.

Sagal, West, DiMaggio and LaMarche on a San Diego Comicon panel

Personally, I'm betting that FOX doesn't want to pay for these talented folk and would much rather cast "sound-alikes" at a much lower rate. A similar incident happened on Matt Groening's other series, The Simpsons, which resulted in a hefty raise for the voice actors.

Nevertheless, any attempt to recast these talented folks should be the first indicator that the new season is poorly executed and just a cheap attempt to push out product.

Read the full call sheet after the jump and if you want, send Casting Director an email telling him how much you enjoy the recasting idea by clicking HERE.
Rest of it here

Last edited:
Awesome. Now gimme back my Animaniacs and I'll be satisfied.

Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious? Serious?

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

...Awesome.

I hate to be the party-pooper, but I'm not so sure this is an entirely good thing, especially after the lacklustre DVD movies. Look at how awful the Simpsons has become in the ten quadrillion years or so it's been on. And of course there's Family Guy, which definitely got worse after its revival.

Oh shoosh be hapy for it until you see them. It's Futurama. The movies weren't THAT bad. You can't say that it's not entirely good...You don't know what you're getting yet!:D
Which is why "I'm not entirely sure". Obviously I'm hoping for a return to form, I'm just not gonna get my hopes up to high.

Oh **** yeah! This is so awesome! Quit being a pessimist (spell?), Napalm, you know you're happy.
*moonwalks*
*robots*
*zero-Gs*

I have yet to see a half hour TV show be expanded into a movie and actually be good. I'm excited they're actually going to be making half hour episodes now.

I have yet to see a half hour TV show be expanded into a movie and actually be good. I'm excited they're actually going to be making half hour episodes now.
Star trek anyone?

I'm cautiously optimistic. Seriously, those DVD movies were mediocre.

I heard they we're boring. =/
Hope these arent the same though. Matt Groening won't have to stretch a plot for more than 20 mins.

I'm with Kyle, not really excited about this since I find Futurama as an average show. Though it does have it's moments, such as the evil Santa robot.. now that is some funny stuff.

Back