Game has been Frummaged

FRuMMaGe

Waluigi's #1 Fan!
Dec 18, 2006
England
Wii Online Code
2482-6460-3144-9934
How to get free games at GAME

This is a simple way I discovered to trick the silly staff at videogame stores into giving you "free" games. This is not illegal, just immoral. I discovered this when I wanted to take back Pikmin 2, and left the store with about 4 games without having spent a penny. :lol:

Step 1: Preparations
Firstly, buy a few games from an online site (such as amazon) that are much cheaper than they are in video game stores. I will choose SSBM for Gamecube and Dead Rising for Xbox 360 for this example. These both can be purchased for about 1/2 the price when bought online.

Let's say I've spent £35 getting these two games. And if I had bought them instore I would have spent around £60 (these are just estimations).

Step 2: The Heist :lol:
Next comes the genius part. All you have to do is take these games into any shop that sells video games and ask to "return them". Explain that you don't have the reciept but you just want to return the games you "bought from them".

They will explain that they will not be able to give you a refund (pretend to be sad at this point) but they can offer you an exchange instead. They will then proceed to check the store prices of those games and allow you to have an exchange to that value (£60). Now simply choose the games you want!

You have now aquired £60 worth of games for a mere £35! Obviously if you find some better bargains online then you will save even more. The good thing is the store didn't lose any money, because they now have games that they will get £60 for.

On your way out, be sure to jump in the air and click your heels together as a sign to the store that they have just been Frummaged. :lol:

Step 2b: Make a scene (optional)
If they are reluctant to give you credit for the games without a reciept, you are left with 3 choices:
> Leave
> Claim the reason they have no record of it is because you bought it from the GAME in <insert random city>
> Make a scene

Making a scene will almost always work for you. Start to act a little bit pissed off, like it is GAME that are trying to rip YOU off. Then get a bit louder. The more of a scene you make, the more likely you are to get what you want. They will not want you to make them look bad.

Step 3: Rep FRuMMaGe
This step is self-explanatory. :lol:

Last edited:
Step4: Don't ask for rep anymore.

You earn it from offering advice and such not by asking. You see there I would of repped you but since you asked I no longer am, also didn't TLC stop all the asking for rep or else you receive formal MOD warning?

Thats pretty smart I once done something similar, I bought mario kart DS but later found my grandmother bought me it also, so after receiving the game I went to a store and said I bought it from them and got a free copy of king kong ds (GIANT MISTAKE RIGHT THERE.).

Cpt.McCloud said:
Step4: Don't ask for rep anymore.

It was a joke. I'll remove it if i'm asked. I don't care about rep, just look at my sig. No-one wants Waluigi to achieve world domination :lol:

FRuMMaGe said:
It was a joke. I'll remove it if i'm asked. I don't care about rep, just look at my sig. No-one wants Waluigi to achieve world domination :lol:

Other then you...?

:lol:

Frogger said:
Evil genius.

Too bad I have a conscience.

No-one loses though. Game have the extra stock worth the same amount of money as they gave to you.

FRuMMaGe said:
No-one loses though. Game have the extra stock worth the same amount of money as they gave to you.

Game still rip you off, I just buy everything online in the first place. If you're a bit dodgy about using eBay you don't know what condition your games could come on, and that depends on how much Game give you for store credit. But it's actually a good idea, I'll give you that. I definitely won't be using it though.

Frogger said:
Game still rip you off, I just buy everything online in the first place. If you're a bit dodgy about using eBay you don't know what condition your games could come on, and that depends on how much Game give you for store credit. But it's actually a good idea, I'll give you that. I definitely won't be using it though.

Yes I mean you use it to get games that cost the same amount in shops as online. Usually new releases don't differ much in price.

UPDATE: added step 2b

Last edited:
Very nice. Making a scene in public is not my thing, but if it was, then I would be using your idea at every opportunity that I get. :lol:

The GAME in my town always ask for receipts like aaaalways lol.

I probably haven't got the guts to try this mind, but my friend works there, so I'll ask him how if this is possibly.

ive done this before, except i didnt get them online, a local TRU had thrown out a bunch of old games still in the package and all and i asked an employee if it were garbage or are they just moving it and he was a bit disgruntled and said take it, its yours. they were in a dumpster and i didnt want to pry them out of there but i also didnt want to ask the guy if he could get them for me because i really wasnt in any position to complain about getting free games lol. the games were for psp(2 games), ps2(1 game), xbox(2) and one ds game(nintendogs lol) anyway they all had TRU priced stickers on them and thought it would be a problem returning them to a gamestop(like a GAME type store for you) but i explained to the guy in gamestop what had happened and he wanted the games anyway and gave me $90 credit, i bought super monkey ball and some other crap like controller skins and 1 month xbox live. i would like to know why these games were being thrown out or if the guy made a mistake, but needless to say, i was pretty happy about it

surfinrach90 said:
The GAME in my town always ask for receipts like aaaalways lol.

I probably haven't got the guts to try this mind, but my friend works there, so I'll ask him how if this is possibly.

If they need the reciept, tell them you bought the game at another GAME store in <city name>.

They should be able to give you credit.

Sometimes the stores give you cash even without a reciept :lol:
This is very rare though

k dont have the guts to pull this off haha....i cant make a scence, plus GAM people intimidate me

Back