Game has been Frummaged

Jay588 said:
ive done this before, except i didnt get them online, a local TRU had thrown out a bunch of old games still in the package and all and i asked an employee if it were garbage or are they just moving it and he was a bit disgruntled and said take it, its yours. they were in a dumpster and i didnt want to pry them out of there but i also didnt want to ask the guy if he could get them for me because i really wasnt in any position to complain about getting free games lol. the games were for psp(2 games), ps2(1 game), xbox(2) and one ds game(nintendogs lol) anyway they all had TRU priced stickers on them and thought it would be a problem returning them to a gamestop(like a GAME type store for you) but i explained to the guy in gamestop what had happened and he wanted the games anyway and gave me $90 credit, i bought super monkey ball and some other crap like controller skins and 1 month xbox live. i would like to know why these games were being thrown out or if the guy made a mistake, but needless to say, i was pretty happy about it

Why the hell would they throw out games? It's not like they have a sell-by date :lol:

I usually just grab some coupons and deals and buy my video games that way. I don't think I've ever paid a game at full price.

FRuMMaGe said:
Why the hell would they throw out games? It's not like they have a sell-by date :lol:
it was after christmas, i guess they had overstocked ? i have no idea but i really dont care..free games:)

FRuMMaGe said:
How to get free games at GAME

This is a simple way I discovered to trick the silly staff at videogame stores into giving you "free" games. This is not illegal, just immoral. I discovered this when I wanted to take back Pikmin 2, and left the store with about 4 games without having spent a penny. :lol:

Step 1: Preparations
Firstly, buy a few games from an online site (such as amazon) that are much cheaper than they are in video game stores. I will choose SSBM for Gamecube and Dead Rising for Xbox 360 for this example. These both can be purchased for about 1/2 the price when bought online.

Let's say I've spent £35 getting these two games. And if I had bought them instore I would have spent around £60 (these are just estimations).

Step 2: The Heist :lol:
Next comes the genius part. All you have to do is take these games into any shop that sells video games and ask to "return them". Explain that you don't have the reciept but you just want to return the games you "bought from them".

They will explain that they will not be able to give you a refund (pretend to be sad at this point) but they can offer you an exchange instead. They will then proceed to check the store prices of those games and allow you to have an exchange to that value (£60). Now simply choose the games you want!

You have now aquired £60 worth of games for a mere £35! Obviously if you find some better bargains online then you will save even more. The good thing is the store didn't lose any money, because they now have games that they will get £60 for.

On your way out, be sure to jump in the air and click your heels together as a sign to the store that they have just been Frummaged. :lol:

Step 2b: Make a scene (optional)
If they are reluctant to give you credit for the games without a reciept, you are left with 3 choices:
> Leave
> Claim the reason they have no record of it is because you bought it from the GAME in <insert random city>
> Make a scene

Making a scene will almost always work for you. Start to act a little bit pissed off, like it is GAME that are trying to rip YOU off. Then get a bit louder. The more of a scene you make, the more likely you are to get what you want. They will not want you to make them look bad.

Step 3: Rep FRuMMaGe
This step is self-explanatory. :lol:

Yeah but the games there cost more= little or no profit depending on what you buy,

also,

roflcopter.gif

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
Yeah but the games there cost more= little or no profit depending on what you buy,

also,

roflcopter.gif
:yikes: It's a rolfcopter!

And I mean you should use it to get games that cost a similar amount to the online equivalent. You'll find that new releases tend not to differ that much.

Where you say it's not illegal - I think what you meant to say is that it IS illegal.
A little thing the legal profession like to call fraud.

Back