GameCube Controller cord length

Quatsch

WiiChat Member
Oct 14, 2006
How long are GameCube controller cords? I'd prefer not to get the wavebird, but if the controller cord is too short then with my current setup it would be a real pain to play!

There are always extention cords. Sorry I can not answer your question about cord length. May I ask why you dont want a wavebird? I was look to get a wavebird to get around cord length.

-Bobby

bobby1211 said:
There are always extention cords. Sorry I can not answer your question about cord length. May I ask why you dont want a wavebird? I was look to get a wavebird to get around cord length.

-Bobby
Price is one issue, and no rumble is the other...

They make wireless controllers with rumble...they're hard to find, but they are real...and not TOO expensive.

the wavebird doesnt have rumble? i could have sworn when i played with one it had rumble. however that was a while ago. i could be mistaken

csiguy4u said:
My gamecube controller has no wires. . . I think it is called a wavebird or something like that. Maybe you should try it.
Did you not read my original post at all??????

they are extremely short 5-6 feet... i have to sit on my coffee table when playing with a controller... i could swear the wavebird has rumble

Quatsch said:
How long are GameCube controller cords? I'd prefer not to get the wavebird, but if the controller cord is too short then with my current setup it would be a real pain to play!

Don't cry about spending an extra $15 to get a wavebird and just get one. it will be the best purchase you've ever made, next to getting a Wii, if you plan to play VC or Gamecube games.

csiguy4u said:
Don't cry about spending an extra $15 to get a wavebird and just get one. it will be the best purchase you've ever made, next to getting a Wii, if you plan to play VC or Gamecube games.
Hey, shoot me for asking a question. I may wind up getting one, I just wanted to find out a little about the other controllers. $15 extra per controller (plus batteries, too) adds up. I don't know how much you get for allowance, but I've got bills to pay.

xpirate77 said:
yes it does..i have one ..and it has rumble

I have the Nintendo Wavebird package in my hand (since I bought one 2 days ago) and it clearly states on the back that it does NOT have rumble to extend battery life.

There are, however, wavebird clones (3rd party) that do have rumble.

Back