Gamecube Controller for SSBB, Good Idea?

PhillyFan693

Banned
Feb 23, 2007
Wii Online Code
5806-0510-5713-1010
I heard that the gamecube controller will be used to play Super Smash Brother Brawl. Do you think this is a good idea? Is there any better way to play it with the Wii remote?

well, if you played with the wiimote you could use the ever popular

search for previous posts on the same topic b4 u post concept, but that's just my personal opinion

yea its true. but there not gonna make u use a gc controller, pretty sure a classic controller will work, which will be better. i like the idea

I just don't think the wiimote is made for something like smash bro. Speed and accurate button presses is very important.

well then you will be missing out on the most fun the wii can bring you... but i really do think it will use the GC controller actually i have read in an article in gamepro that nintendo told the developers to use it so that should settle this

Wiily Good said:
I refuse to buy any game that is not designed for use with the Wiimote. Therefore I will not be buying SSMB.

Think that will be the same here, its a shame it does look good. £40 for the game and then probably £15 for the controller. the wii came with the remote for a reason and thats the whole idea for the wii, so all games should use that, unless you are playing old one from the gamecube ect.

i guess i am the only one that understands that the wiimote while it is awesome just does not work best for every game... but it does work for most and it is amazing but i know super smash bros brawl will be much better using a more standard way of playing.

Belmont said:
i guess i am the only one that understands that the wiimote while it is awesome just does not work best for every game... but it does work for most and it is amazing but i know super smash bros brawl will be much better using a more standard way of playing.

yea i guess it could be, the only way i would buy it is if the game comes with the controller for a nice little price, hehe. i could change my mind though when i see more of the game and get really hyped up for it..

i really think you will i mean i just have a great feeling about how awesome this game is going to be its going to be a must have for every wii owner and i think non wii owners will buy a wii just to play.

I realise that the Wiimote is not best for all types of games, but I am a strong believer that anything a tradition gamepad controller can do, a PC keyboard can do better. Therefore for me, its Wiimote or PC, Full Stop.

well i play my fair share of PC games but i know super smash bros could not be done with a key board it would not feel right at all. i guess you just need to play it you should go out and buy a gamecube controller and and rent super smash bros melee and give it a try i am sure you will be convinced then

SSBB is just too hectic to play with the wiimote. You need a standard controller like the GC one to properly enjoy it. I do have GC controllers so I will be buying this game. Its my personal opinion however so it may differ from your own ideas.

I agree that they should bundle a classic or gamecube controller with it if it uses one or both. And you didn't read my post Belmont, the wiimote is definately not perfect for all situations. The critics would tear smash bro up for having dodgy controls if it used the wiimote.

Back