Gamecube lan functionality on Wii

Can we please get back on topic now? Has anyone tried yet? I found someone that seems to have the disc, I'm going to try with theirs over the weekend.

i tryed the wifi... nothing... dont have access to a lan adapter so not sure about that...

viperjason said:
Higher chance of getting hired, sure. Higher chance that the applicant knows anything, NOPE. You may get hired and you may BS your way through the work getting stuff done, but it doesnt give you years of experience, or any know how to deal with anything more significant than the normal IS/IT question "Wheres my ANY key?"
So, to me and many companies I know that look for Skillz rather than certificates, they would most defiantly say that Network+ dont mean jack ****.

I have met many people that have these certifications, and you know what.....when I ran my own tech repair company, I was paid to come in and clean up their messes. This goes the same for A+ and all the other + certifications. I stopped doing tech repair because I got tired of people calling me to replace their ink cartridges. I have no certifications, and I am proud of that, heck I even helped a few get theirs.....they still call me and ask for help.

If you want to impress me, get Cisco certified (CCIE not CCNA). Then MAYBE, you MIGHT just impress me there.
Well, you do know the certifications pretty well, and I know the ink thing is a figure of speech, but my mother knows how to install an ink cartridge, and I practically have to boot the computer for her if you know what I mean

Now the only reason I piped in here was to say that etherent was not a protocol, and unless all my sources are wrong (and I doubt it), then I was right (on that topic at least), so, conversation over, I really don't care if certifications get you anywhere or not, and to be honest, the only thing that I have a certification in is CPR, and I think that's outdated, and that isn't even related to networking, it's related to health (really saving peoples lives), but anyway, what I mean to say is I don't have an A+ certification, or Network+ certification, (I had a chance to but turned it down), but but my lab instructor does, and, well, quite frankly, things have been going quite smoothly in the lab, so i'm going to beileve what I hear

wezeles said:
i tryed the wifi... nothing... dont have access to a lan adapter so not sure about that...

Thanks for trying.....I think the lan adapter would be less likely....but we should try it as well.

gamechaser001 said:
Well, you do know the certifications pretty well, and I know the ink thing is a figure of speech, but my mother knows how to install an ink cartridge, and I practically have to boot the computer for her if you know what I mean

Actually the ink thing wasnt a figure of speech. I really had some lady call me just to replace the ink cartridge.
Ink $20
Tech guy to replace it $40
Not having to learn anything and just pay someone else: Priceless

She called me back the next week for some other simple stupid thing....

viperjason said:
Thanks for trying.....I think the lan adapter would be less likely....but we should try it as well.
are we talking about a gamecube lan adapter or a wii lan adapter

viperjason said:
Actually the ink thing wasnt a figure of speech. I really had some lady call me just to replace the ink cartridge.
Ink $20
Tech guy to replace it $40
Not having to learn anything and just pay someone else: Priceless

She called me back the next week for some other simple stupid thing....
Wow, she must have really had problems, lol, anyway, what does the ink thing have to relate to certifications?

This thread has really gotten off topic. Im considering getting Mario CArt double dash for GC. Has anyone tested its online multiplayer for use in the wii?

X2222 said:
This thread has really gotten off topic. Im considering getting Mario CArt double dash for GC. Has anyone tested its online multiplayer for use in the wii?

The thread did answer this question already, the answer is no. The network functionality in the Wii is not available to GCN games.

Unfortunately, mym6, after testing with GC's and Wiis....and just wiis, the GC lan functionality does not work with the Wii.

Back