Online Mario Kart Double Dash Wii???

bfreemanfl

WiiChat Member
Jan 18, 2007
Has anybody tried playing the GameCube Mario Double Dash online via the Wii??? I know that it's a LAN game on the GC, and also could be played online via running software on your PC...Just wondering if it had the same features when played on the Wii.

I didn't know that game was online...I don't like it I wish for the Wi Mario Kart to be like the DS version and better

No, it wont work, not with just a wii anyway.

The only way you could play Mario Kart DD online was the "Warp Pipe Project" which used a Windows utility to fool the GameCube into thinking it's on a LAN network when it's actually connecting through the Internet.

The Wii doesn't even have a LAN port, so I'm probably going to go with no.

You can play Mario Kart DS online. Nintendo did hint at a Mario Kart online for the Wii later this year. Right now you'll have to wait. I know if Nintendo doesn't do it, next year someone will hack the Wii to host games online.

wouldnt it be nice if the MARIO KART wii could interact with MARIO KART DS over wifi , so you can play over an already huge network of people? Just a thought. i dont think it be that hard, the wii game would just have to have a feature that makes it act like the ds version

I've looked it up, tried different things ... it's not possible at all.
Think of it this way:

When the Wii switches over to GameCube mode, it's no longer a Wii. Just a GameCube that looks really cool. Hence, all Wii features (Wi-Fi, wireless controllers, Wii menu, progressive mode) have all been disabled ... although, I do remember some GameCube games being able to be displayed in progressive scan ... I wonder if it's possible on the Wii through GameCube games ...

But yeah, even with software, you can't access the LAN menu - so it's not possible at all. Sorry...

I sold my GameCube for $75 after I got my Wii. Sorry...
(I don't have a GameCube LAN adapter, anyway...)

asdfnick said:
wouldnt it be nice if the MARIO KART wii could interact with MARIO KART DS over wifi , so you can play over an already huge network of people? Just a thought. i dont think it be that hard, the wii game would just have to have a feature that makes it act like the ds version
That would most definitely be awesome. A bit dificult to pull off, but definitely possible, and most definitely awesome.

registerednerd said:
That would most definitely be awesome. A bit dificult to pull off, but definitely possible, and most definitely awesome.
i dont think it would be too difficult, maybe on the online mode there could just be the DS characters , and the DS would think that the wii is a ds game. i dont know. That doesnt sound too good of a deal, without the new characters and all, but it would be pretty cool

Let me repeat this. All 3 next gen consoles have online capability. It's up to the companies to determine how online they become. They have two vital components, a built in modem, and a hard drive. You don't need much past that to play games online. Only time will tell.

sagema said:
Let me repeat this. All 3 next gen consoles have online capability. It's up to the companies to determine how online they become. They have two vital components, a built in modem, and a hard drive. You don't need much past that to play games online. Only time will tell.
who exactly are you telling this too. i know the ds and wii have online capabilities or else i wouldnt have mentiond that, and i was just proposing an idea i had....

Back