Gamecube Saves

Yep.
revol_090605.jpg

(yes, I know this is an old pic. but it basically looks the same)

in touch with the wii said:
metriodz you should know this it has two slots mem at the top where the controllers go
i should but my attention has been on other things about the wii. this machine has so many features and yet is so small, frekin amazing.

I was wondering this to, can you save GC games to the SD card? Or to the console itself?

Probably not, due to the fact that GameCube games aren't aware of the additional hardware.

I don't know why you'd want to, though, because I believe the top panel can be shut with the memory cards left in place, allowing it to look unobtrusive when you aren't playing GameCube games.

DRMARIO said:
Yeah, they do look like rather deep slots.
Perhaps the flap can be shut whilst the memory cards are in..
But what would be the use in that, if when youre playing gc games, the controllers are obviously going to keep the top flap open anyway.
I was thinking that too, until I saw that the flap is actually two flaps, one small one that hides the memory cards and the other, longer flap hides the controller ports.

Imagine at launch date, Wii reveals to us that there is a slot for a NES or SNES cartrigdge on its side :lol:

except for the fact that they are too big and that we have already seen all angles of the system and that eb games already has wiis in there back room i'm sure that employees have opened them and played with them i know i would lol

frodlekceps said:
Hmm. Do you think there's a built-in Wavebird reciever?

Too costly.

The Wii only features Bluetooth internally, while the sensor bar is made up of IR LEDs.

The WaveBird, however, is stuck on old RF technology.

Back