Gc controller help mario kart 64

gouranga

WiiChat Member
Dec 11, 2006
corby UK
Wii Online Code
8839-9997-1474-5892
i get tot the bit where it says i need a classic controller insert a gc controller press every button and nothing whats happended?:cryin:

Do you have a Nintendo brand controller or an aftermarket (third-party, whatever) one like Pelican or something?

Some aftermarket controllers simply don't work.

I believe you press the two buttons on the back of the controller together.

Make sure the GC controller is already inserted before starting the game from the channel screen.

SuperH said:
Do you have a Nintendo brand controller or an aftermarket (third-party, whatever) one like Pelican or something?

Some aftermarket controllers simply don't work.
its a play on controller

this will sound a little funny, but are you sure you are plugged in to the correct port? i tried for 20 minutes to play then realized that I was in port 4. the 1st port for GC controllers is the closest to the FRONT of the system.

tophermike said:
this will sound a little funny, but are you sure you are plugged in to the correct port? i tried for 20 minutes to play then realized that I was in port 4. the 1st port for GC controllers is the closest to the FRONT of the system.
GOOD POINT:thumbsup: . i plugged mine in first time into that slot.

Things to look out for, number 1, make sure that your controller is plugged into the port closest to the front of the Wii, number 2, use gamecube controllers, not the off brand sh*t, off brand controller tend to not work as well as name brand controllers, all the off brand companies care about is the money they get, not the quality of their product, number 3, make sure the controller ports work, either the controller ports were DOA or you broke them during transport of the Wii, whatever the case may be, the controller port may be bad

Back