Get Metroid or pass?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
I never owned or played a Metroid game. So i have a few questions.
What is it about?
If i got MP3 would i be confused to what is going on?
Im not the best gamer at games like Zelda, Star Fox, so is this game possible to play/beat if im not the best?
Star fox for gamecube i never finished, couldnt figure out what to do next and my friends couldnt either lol.
This is FPS right?

If you never played it before then rent it, if you don't want to wait rent metroid prime(not prime 2) for the cube and play it on your wii and see what you think. I think the series is great and i'm a huge fan but to each their own, you might find it beyond frustrating who knows. Give prime a rent and see what you think.

totally get it, its about a bounty hunter named samus aran and see does all these missions and stuff but you will kow what do if you get it, trust me
( im not the best at sumarizing)

I'm going to pass on it. I was hoping for some online multiplayer. I'm not a hardcore metroid fan, but the online would have had me sold. I know I know its supposed to be a single player adventure game but maybe ill buy it sometime in the future but not right when it comes out.

TitansATB said:
I'm going to pass on it. I was hoping for some online multiplayer. I'm not a hardcore metroid fan, but the online would have had me sold. I know I know its supposed to be a single player adventure game but maybe ill buy it sometime in the future but not right when it comes out.

Probably a good idea if your not a huge fan, I think eventually it will be a players choice game and therefore go down in price, or maybe you can get it used somewhere.

opitekk said:
I would say purchase it. What a great game to get you started and intrested in the Metroid Series.

Yeah, just go and buy it, its like 5 dollars to buy it used and 10 dollars for a new one at gamestop or EBgames, bout same price as a rental, but its a great overall game, think it got 10 out of 10 on a lot of game magazine. You wont be dissapointed.

I'll probably pass unless it gets a 9.5+ on IGN.. I want a lot of games but I don't have enough money for them all, so I have to be strict.
But I'd say get it.

TitansATB said:
yeah there's nothing to do once you've beaten the game, i'd play for 2-4 weeks tops get stuck somewhere, or beat it(probably wouldn't) then i'd be done with it. If it had multiplayer online or not i'd get it, probably wouldn't stop playing it until the next sequel came out. Idk i just want a shooter game like halo or something to play on the wii.

TitansATB said:

lack of online, or any multiplayer, whatsoever is really going to have a detrimental effect on sales of this game. this game could have been absolutely huge for the wii, and i still think that, to a certain extent, it will be a big release.

but i think that the reason we're not seeing a huge marketing campaign with this game is because nintendo knows that they kinda dropped the ball on multiplayer for metroid.

for a system that is all about multiplayer and playing together, this kind of creates an antithesis, and leads the way backward from where the wii is going.

should still be a solid game though. i'm gonna see how much bioshock pulls me into it for the first week, before i go out and buy metroid too.

the biggest thing with this game though, besides being a solid and polished game though, is the controls. that would be my number 1 reason for picking this up. most wii fans have been dying to get their hands on a fps that actually plays smooth b/c of the wiimote, not jerkier and more akward than most dual analog controlled games.

the controls have been compared to a mouse-and-keyboard many times. you can calibrate it to your liking.

even though the previews have been 480i and 4:3, the game can run in 480p and 16:9.

the game, like the previous 2 primes are classified as a First Person Adventure.

the point of the game is to find new items, backtrack, find more items, upgrade, backtrack until finally you can reach the final area. the only difference is that in this game, when you're moving from room-to-room, you shoot creatures with near-perfect control.

there are too many games now-a-days that involve any kind of shooting action that are put online. im sure at some point nintendo will design some type of shooting first game that they will put online, until then it's Medal of Honor Heroes 2.

M-Krizzle said:
Yeah, just go and buy it, its like 5 dollars to buy it used and 10 dollars for a new one at gamestop or EBgames, bout same price as a rental, but its a great overall game, think it got 10 out of 10 on a lot of game magazine. You wont be dissapointed.

No it's not, metroid prime 3 will be about $50 US at least.

jesse1596 said:
No it's not, metroid prime 3 will be about $50 US at least.
I think he was talking about Metroid Prime itself.

I'd say...

...Get it if you like PC FPS. I'd say get it if you like Adventure/Shooters.

Me, personally, I got into Metroid from Prime, so I kinda missed out so far (and no money yet to get the original on Virtual Console), but I can honestly say with a hand on my heart, that I've enjoyed almost every second I've played of Prime and Echoes. I'm psyched for Corruption.

Of course, you don't have to get it straight away. If you have any friends that have it, give it a go first, then decide.

Man, all you guys complaining about no online are really starting to annoy the crap out of me.
"I would have been interested but no ONLINE! Oh yeah I was really excited but now I DONT CARE AT ALL! No online is REALLY gonna hurt this release!"

You morons have been caught up in the hype-of-the-day, that EVERY GAME has to have some stupid-ass online capablilities tacked onto it, or it's useless, and you'll "pass".
Give me a break. How many great online gaming experiences have any of you had? There aren't even very many good games that are online AT ALL, unless you're talking PS2 war games or Splinter Cerll or something.
So what IN THE WORLD are you guys blowing all this hot air about METROID, of all games, not having any online? Who gives a crap!?! Has ANY Metroid game had online multiplayer except Hunters which wasn't even a real game? NO! Did Smash Bros Melee have online multiplayer? NO!! Have ANY of the great game classics that you've grown up with had online multiplayer? NO!!!!

So stop trying to sound all cool and mature by complaining about something that isn't even a problem. What makes any of you think that the multiplayer would EVEN BE GOOD?!? It's as though you believe that if Metroid were to have it, it would be God's Gift to the Wii, and all would be beautiful forever. It probably would be kinda lame, like in Echoes, and we'd all go back and play the story mode again anyway.

My point is, Metroid has always been one of the best game franchises in Nintendo's history. Super Metroid was one of the VERY BEST games for the SNES, Metroid Prime was one of the VERY BEST games for the Gamecube, and I have no doubt WHATSOEVER, that MP3 will kick total and complete ass on the Wii. Lack of stupid online battles WON'T CHANGE THAT A BIT.

Seriously, you kids and your ADD-like impatience for what you think is so important and necessary in games is way off the mark. A great game is a great game, just go buy the damn thing and enjoy it for what it IS, instead of pooping your diapers about what it ISN'T.
Also, learn to spell. Thanks.

Back