Why is Metroid so Good? Sell Me

DrYou

Im Bringin Sexy Back
Nov 20, 2006
Reno, NV
Wii Online Code
5552-5279-6247-6288
Im a Nintendo lover. But the Metroid franchise has never caught my Eye enough to make me pick it up and play it and with MP3 coming out soon I'm still feeling the same way...

So my questions is, what makes MP so fun? The story makes no sense to me even if there is one and the gun options seem to bland for an FPS. I wana love MP just as much as the other Nintendo Franchises but I just don't understand lol.

Let's Discuss, DrYou

Metroid Prime is about a girl named Samus, who is off to save the Chozo race and their world from destruction by the space pirates who have infiltrated their planet after a meteor crashed and left the planet impregnated with a cancerous element known as Phazon. This element has qualities the space pirates are after and it is up to Samus to prevent destruction or become overwhelmed by it. Fantastic first person shooter, and MP3 looks just amazing. The gameplay runs very parallel to the big seller FPS that Microsoft sports. You should definitely check it out. Try getting the Gamecube Primes for about $20 a piece if you would like a taste, you will also need them if you wanna get immersed in the story.

Hmmm mabey I can rent one of the Old Ones for cheap and try it out. I love FPS and have tried allot of them but the only one I've played for more then a few months is CS. I guess MP isn't so much about the FPS as it is the story?

Ok you will never get it untill you play it.I was just like you back in my super nintendo day,everyone i knew was saying this game (super metriod) is the best game ever.So a bud of mine lent me a copy & he's still trying to get it back.I was hucked.FIRST of all it's not a FPS it's a FPA (FIRST PERSON ADVENTURE).The difference is the puzzles,you have to really think to beat this game.You also need to do alot of back tracking,but this game was the first to make back tracking fun.The different weapons may look bland to the unexperanced.But each one is needed to open different dors,kill different bosses & to explore different areas.I suggest you play SUPER METRIOD first,do that & you will never ask again'Why is metriod so good'? you can get it on the vertual consoule.

I feel the same way, though I am compelled enough to get this next one that comes out.

The storyline is pretty bland to me, just an average "save planet, kill of a bunch of alien dudes, their boss, and the rest of his cronies, blow stuff up". Nothing to special about it IMO except that it's a heroine, which gave it a ton of attention back when it very 1st came out (and her suit's pretty kick-ass :p).

So while I can see where Metroid Fanboys and people like you are both coming from, i'm still going to get it. Despite no online...*grumble*

ssbb_lover said:
The storyline is pretty bland to me, just an average "save planet, kill of a bunch of alien dudes, their boss, and the rest of his cronies, blow stuff up". Nothing to special about it IMO

Pretty Much how I feel atm

DrYou said:
Pretty Much how I feel atm
Yea. I understand. I would suggest buying this next Metroid however, it seems to be looking amazing. I've only played the 1st one, so i'm just hoping I won't be absolutely lost...

In my opinion metroid is like zelda but instead of swords and shields its lazer and futuristic body armour. Zelda of is stilll number 1 but metroid comes pretty close to it. its definatly worth buying but and if you iffy about buying then rent it

In my opinion metroid is like zelda but instead of swords and shields its lazer and futuristic body armour. Zelda of is stilll number 1 but metroid comes pretty close to it. its definatly worth buying but and if you iffy about buying then rent it. I'd suggest metroid prime not super metroid. Its a great game and all but metroid prime would be more closer to the metroid prime 3 experience and if you want to try metroid before you decide to get 3 then yeah.

This game just looks so good, and it looks as if it plays real good as well, like the controls look well put together.
A must play for me for sure.

vagrant said:
I'm not a big Metroid fan, but there is no denying it is one if not the best shooter/adventure franchises out there.
daym strait, think of a nintendo version of Halo1 but better... yes i dared say it, but for someone with no idea im sure itll help

Yea I never really got in to the previous metroids but I'll definatly be picking this one up. It looks very nice, and after playing re4 on wii I've gained an appreciation for aiming with the wiimote, can't wait for this one.

ssbb_lover said:
Yea. I understand. I would suggest buying this next Metroid however, it seems to be looking amazing. I've only played the 1st one, so i'm just hoping I won't be absolutely lost...

You called the story "bland" but you're worried about being "absolutely lost"? Make up your mind.

Back