Anyone who got MP3, was it your first Metroid game?

So far I'd say the puzzles are about the same, maybe slightly easier than 1 or 2. There is much less back tracking, although I won't say why...

Also, has anyone asked why there isn't a MP:3 subforum?

miiplaywii said:
So far I'd say the puzzles are about the same, maybe slightly easier than 1 or 2. There is much less back tracking, although I won't say why...

Also, has anyone asked why there isn't a MP:3 subforum?

I was about to.

wiiman360 said:
this defiantly isnt my first i have the original o yeah nes the story is harder to follow if you havent played MP, MP2:E you dont know much about dark samus if you dont
i agree, if playing MP3 is your first metroid prime game, the whole back story wont really have any significance to you, you'll just be playing a game, as opposed to really advancing through the series.

Well, I wouldn't have gone out and bought MP3 if I hadn't first played MPH on the DS. Personally, I wasn't into the Prime series before that, but Hunters had me hooked.

Third Metroid game for me (Metroid, Super Metroid (one of my top 10 games ever), and now MP3. I skipped Prime and Prime 2 (didn't have a cube when they were released and didn't go back and play them when I got one), but I may go back and revisit Prime at some later date. Wiki's and gametrailers got me set for MP3 (along with bumping "relics of the chozo" from ocremix for the last month haha).

I think as long as you understand the backstory of the prime games and the Metroid universe (without it the aurora units have no significance) then there is really no need to play the others (other than for the pleasure of playing genre defining games :) ).

Back