Get Metroid or pass?

Sovieto said:
roflmao @ second comment
I'm glad you found it amusing but I was being serious. Stop acting like you're tough s*** or something. You're not. It's ok. We know.

Sovieto said:
rofl @ first part as well. i seriously doubt they dont have enough space on the disc. audio is the thing that takes up most of any games space.
Well seeing as there's TONS of audio that would make sense...

Sovieto said:
besides that, things like games that stream a lot might take up more space. but a single player shooter? please. games like bioshock would max out on space if anything, and im pretty sure bioshock and mp3 are on the same disc formats (correct me if im wrong)
I don't know about the disc formats, but all-in-all Metroid has a lot more information and data...think of all the log entries, areas, and power-ups are in Metroid Prime games. Not to mention this one apparently has even MORE of all that stuff.

Sovieto said:
30 hours to complete a game? unless theres like "everytime you beat the game a part of samus unviels" there might not be too much to replay it for, but idk, with nintendos recent history a naked samus is a little too much for its audience to handle. but all that aside, the amount of backtracking and scratching your head you need to do in metroid, 6/19% dosent sound like much to begin with.
In the article he actually stated that there's less backtracking in this game.

Sovieto said:
@the 2 discs comment lack made. SURE, they could. its been done. golden eye rouge agent on the GC had 2 discs. disc 1 was most of the game, disc 2 was the rest of the game + multiplayer
Again, as I stated before, without the other hunters it wouldn't be fun and with the other hunters it would be WAY too hard for them to make the two discs work together. Look at it this way: in Metroid Prime: Hunters you had to beat certain parts of 1-P adventure mode in order to get certain levels or hunters. That kind of thing is what makes a game interesting. It is highly unlikely that Nintendo would do that for this particular game. It can be and has been done, I'm just saying it's not very likely and would be more difficult.

hmmm this is really a tough decision for you. you havent played the other ones, and this game does take some skill to beat. it depends, are you good at like puzzle solving/finding hidden things, if your good at that, then i say you should get it. but definitly rent or buy one of the first two, and if you dont like either of those, then definitly only rent metroid and see what you think of it.

Im not saying this will be a bad game or anything. @ Transfixed, I know its a singleplayer game but I think it would attract so many other people with some type of online play. Like I said before Im not a diehard metroid fan, so I dont really need this game. Im looking for games were I can continue after beating it.

S.S. said:
I'm glad you found it amusing but I was being serious. Stop acting like you're tough s*** or something. You're not. It's ok. We know.

Well seeing as there's TONS of audio that would make sense...

I don't know about the disc formats, but all-in-all Metroid has a lot more information and data...think of all the log entries, areas, and power-ups are in Metroid Prime games. Not to mention this one apparently has even MORE of all that stuff.

In the article he actually stated that there's less backtracking in this game.

Again, as I stated before, without the other hunters it wouldn't be fun and with the other hunters it would be WAY too hard for them to make the two discs work together. Look at it this way: in Metroid Prime: Hunters you had to beat certain parts of 1-P adventure mode in order to get certain levels or hunters. That kind of thing is what makes a game interesting. It is highly unlikely that Nintendo would do that for this particular game. It can be and has been done, I'm just saying it's not very likely and would be more difficult.
too bad you didnt join earlier before i left this forum (now back for reason in sig) so i couldve beat you in shape before you got your own opinion.

Lol, yeah I have very strong opinions but I've always been that way so I don't think it woulda done much good before either xD

Anyways, I just realized we never answered your question about if you would be confused or not...when I have some time I'll type up the main points of the story and PM them to you...you can decide from there if it seems to be worth your time

lol its a singleplayer game so it hasnt got multi-player?? What kind of argument is that. Look at some terrific PC games:

Half life ( 1 and 2 ) Both had the best singleplayer storylines and gameplay. still had multi-player
Medal of honor allied assault: As good as half life 1 with his singleplayer. still had multi-player and still has servers these days
Star-craft: One of the best singleplayer rts's : still had multiplayer

A lot of games that are designed for singleplayer have multi-player as a bonus or to extend there lifespan.

I can agree with you though that metroid is not the type of game that includes multi-player.

cyberzomby fails for the fact he just said mod allied assault was as good as half-life1...

According to a games magazine Ive read when Mohaa came out that said that. I just always remembered that. They said: The game that made us forget about half life

I never even played half life 1 so I cant compair.

Anyways you completely mis my point. Almost any game gets designed as a singleplayer game with the added bonus of multi-player

Back