Getting A Wii

paintba||er said:

Why does nobody besides me like that game?

LOL I just thought it was kinda funny the way you repeat it. "Yes I said waist." I didn't say it can't either. I said why not just go do something? Go lift weights or go running or something, it will work better than playing games.

Yes but despite what you believe the Wii has great gameplay, so while you are playing a game you enjoy, you can also sometimes lose weight. So it's somewhat of a win-win situation. However I only see weight loss with the wii, so maybe pumping some iron is not so bad of an idea.

Syntax said:
Two Consoles:

Xbox 360:

- Offers better online play
- More variety of games
- Better online main menu content: marketplace, gamercard, etc..
- Various content and accessories
- Featured games such as Halo 2, Gears Of War already released.
- New releases coming this fall: Halo 3 (one of the most anticipated games)
- Better for single player.

Nintendo Wii:

- New way of gaming, feels like your in the game.
- Great for when you have friends over.
- Hit games such as Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Resident Evil 4, Mario Strikers
- Coming Soon: Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, etc.
- Various channels such as the Mii channel and internet offered

Good points here! Totally agree. Get Wii if you're a casual gamer, like multi-player games, and on budget. Most of Wii games are $10 cheaper than XBOX360 and PS3 games. If you don't have HDTV yet, it's not wise at all to get XBOX360 or PS3. Many people have misconception that (Nintendo) Wii is for kids, but it has several games rated M now. Besides the control is pretty cool, makes you feel like you in the game, not just playing the game. It also has many innovative games if you're sick of playing the same kind of games over and over again. If Wii is not for you, get 360. 360 is best known for online gaming and it's cheaper than PS3. Many people already had LCD or Plasma TV but not all of them can support the max hi definition quality picture 1080p. Some can't even go up to 1080i and Blu-Ray is the best hi def picture. Besides, as of now, PS3 has the least games out there compared to 360 or Wii

Johndoe01 said:
Besides, as of now, PS3 has the least games out there compared to 360 or Wii
Quality over quantity. Well at least in comparison to the Wii. The 360 has more and better games right now. But it takes time to get a good game lineup. The 360 didn't instantly have a bunch of good games. And as I said before the PS3 is actually cheaper in most cases.

paintba||er said:

Quality over quantity. Well at least in comparison to the Wii. The 360 has more and better games right now. But it takes time to get a good game lineup. The 360 didn't instantly have a bunch of good games. And as I said before the PS3 is actually cheaper in most cases.
Depends on what kind of games you like, you might think that this game is the best but somebody else doesn't give a rat ass and vice versa. For example, many people think that The Elder Scrolls IV is the one of the best games on PS3 but I don't give a rat ass because I'm not into RPG game. And vice versa, some don't like Virtua Fighter 5 but I like it because I love fighting game. Same with Wii, I like Wii Sports, Brain Academy because I like something new with innovative control even though the graphics suck ass compared to 360 or PS3. As for the price, no doubt that Wii is the cheapest, and second to that is 360 because if you add Live and wifi adapter and anything like that that come up with the same cost as PS3, I would still get 360 just for the online feature with a huge library of games. And if you just get started, you can catch up with some really good deals on some of the best but used games at Gamestop, EB

Johndoe01 said:
Depends on what kind of games you like, you might think that this game is the best but somebody else doesn't give a rat ass and vice versa. For example, many people think that The Elder Scrolls IV is the one of the best games on PS3 but I don't give a rat ass because I'm not into RPG game. And vice versa, some don't like Virtua Fighter 5 but I like it because I love fighting game. Same with Wii, I like Wii Sports, Brain Academy because I like something new with innovative control even though the graphics suck ass compared to 360 or PS3. As for the price, no doubt that Wii is the cheapest, and second to that is 360 because if you add Live and wifi adapter and anything like that that come up with the same cost as PS3, I would still get 360 just for the online feature with a huge library of games. And if you just get started, you can catch up with some really good deals on some of the best but used games at Gamestop, EB
No, if you add Live it costs more than the PS3. It will be at least five years before the next consoles come out, so that would be $250 for Live. That would be $650 for the 360 and $500 for the PS3 which has a bunch more stuff. I made a list in another thread that figured out the price if you got the 360 equally equipped as the 360. I don't remember how much it was, but it was over $1000, where the PS3 was $605. (because it doesn't come with an HDMI cable)

paintba||er said:

No, if you add Live it costs more than the PS3. It will be at least five years before the next consoles come out, so that would be $250 for Live. That would be $650 for the 360 and $500 for the PS3 which has a bunch more stuff. I made a list in another thread that figured out the price if you got the 360 equally equipped as the 360. I don't remember how much it was, but it was over $1000, where the PS3 was $605. (because it doesn't come with an HDMI cable)

First of all, you DON'T HAVE to have Live to play 360. Secondly, you don't have to pay upfront $250 to play online for the life of the console. Come on, $50 a year, anyone can afford that, think about $50 for not just one month or 3 months but for the whole full year of enjoyment of online gaming! And eventhough PS3 online gaming is free but there're still few games that support online gaming and again, you get what you paid for.

Johndoe01 said:
First of all, you DON'T HAVE to have Live to play 360. Secondly, you don't have to pay upfront $250 to play online for the life of the console. Come on, $50 a year, anyone can afford that, think about $50 for not just one month or 3 months but for the whole full year of enjoyment of online gaming! And eventhough PS3 online gaming is free but there're still few games that support online gaming and again, you get what you paid for.
I don't understand why people don't look at things long term. It is still going to cost the same amount even if it is over a period of time. And PSN is very comparable to Live and most games use it. It isn't quite as good as Live, but it is still great.

wiisux1234 said:
paintballer, i cant figure you out. your cool because you play 360 (microsoft product) and paintball, but your also a total douche because you have a wii and OS X.
Well I haven't heard of anyone that comes to a forum to flame the console that it is based on that isn't a douche.

PS- Windows sucks
PPS- Neither PS or PPS make sense since they are before my signature.

Back