getting online?

meat

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2006
getting online with my Wii has me really confused.Ok,first i don't hav a computer(using friend computer right now) or land line phone line.just a cell phone.What is going to be my best Option???oh yeah nice website,really glad i found it

meat said:
getting online with my Wii has me really confused.Ok,first i don't hav a computer(using friend computer right now) or land line phone line.just a cell phone.What is going to be my best Option???oh yeah nice website,really glad i found it

With just a cell phone, you don't really have any decent options.

You're going to need some form of broadband internet connection. To make use of the Wii's built in WiFi, you'll need a wireless router connected to your broadband connection (cable modem or DSL).

ok,what is that going to cost?cable modem or DSL?(dsl soundes better.

meat said:
ok,what is that going to cost?cable modem or DSL?(dsl soundes better.

That all depends on where you live. You'll need to contact your local phone and cable companies and compare.

well direct tv has insternet....INFACT direct tv belongs to bellsouth, and they have dsl fastaccess...so theres ur answer,, call them i think its like 25 bux a month. i have cable 8 mbps so i'm super str8

can't get DSL where i live:mad2: however i can get AT&T worldnet service with accelerator,will that work?

No. You need a broadband connection going thorugh a router to get it online. The only other option if you dont have DSL or Cabel available is use a cell phone with a high speed option. This limits you to AllTell Wireless, Srint PCS, or Verizon Wireless with EVDO options or (even less likely to have high speed coverage) Cingular with HSDPA, but for those options to work you need a PC, and use internet connection bridging to allow the Cell connection to get your ethernet online.

I use the above method for getting my XBOX 360 online w/ Sprint PCS EVDO as my home internet service provider (yeah, a cell phone) because DSL and cable are not available where I live.

It does have some bad latency, but better than not at all.

Oh, and internet though sattelite, if you were thinking about it, S-U-C-K-S on many levels.

Peace. :D

<<note>>
Helluva first post, huh?

**EDIT**
You might also try a phone with both WiFi and high-speed internet that supports phone-as-a-modem. The only one that comes to mind though is the UTStarcom (formerly Audiovox) 6700 which is offered by both VZW and SPCS. It has WiFi and EVDO high speed internet, and supports PAM.

Last edited:
Back