Help me get online, I'm in a tough situation!!!

jbeme05

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2009
I'm from the US but I'm now living in Brazil. One of the bad things from here is the horrible and expensive internet. My only option is a 3G modem from a cell phone provider, and as we all know, they don't play nicely with Wi-Fi routers, including my own. I was wondering if there were any ways to send internet from my Mac-Mini (2nd Gen equipped with AirPort Card) to my Nintendo Wii, using either a wireless or wired connection (I have a LAN to USB adapter for my Wii). I have been able to create a network between the two, but that doesn't work for sending internet, I guess just for sharing files or something of the sort. PLEASE HELP ME!!! IM NOT A COMPUTER WIZ AND I NEED MY DAILY FIX OF ONLINE GAMING!!!

If I understand correctly you are using a mobile internet dongle thing as your broadband connection? If that assumption is correct then you might consider something like [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-D100-Wireless-Broadband-Router/dp/B001OL8E2U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245283820&sr=8-4"]this[/ame]. As I understand it you can then wire more than one device into the router so you should be able to get your Wii online.

close but not enough : [

yes, you are correct, I am using that kind of dongle, but unfortunately that router seems only to work with Huawei modems, when I'm forced to work with am Aiko modem. Please continue helping me find a solution, I have been working on this a long time, and not being able to connect my Wii online is KILLING me, thank you very much, but please continue to help............!! :thumbsup:

Back