Godzilla: Unleashed will NOT suck.

He just did.

Anyhoo, here is the new designer diary: the fighting system.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/g...ml?sid=6181230

This fighting system is way different then other games like Tekken or Mortal Combat. This fighting system allows for many things. Your monster can do at least 20 types of physical attack, and then there's your beam weapon.

Well this is the game that got me interested in buying a Wii, so I'm glad it will be out soon.

Zilla2007 said:
The 2 movies are Godzilla: Final Wars and Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monster All Out Attack.
I have to disagree about the first one and agree whole heartedly about the second one.

MarineDM said:
I remember seeing Godzilla 2000 in the theaters with my older brother, and the only other people in the room (opening day) were some old men and a couple. The couple left 30 minutes into the movie, and you just knew why. The movie was too slow and the dubbing was terrible.
Actually I think the dubbing for Godzilla 2000 was pretty good. Borrow the DVD from someone and listen to the commentary track. You'll get some great insight into the effort that was put forth to prep this film for the U.S. theatrical release.

MarineDM said:
But, I have to say that there are other good Godzilla movies out there, like Godzilla: Final Wars. You owe it to yourself to see Final Wars to make up for the disappointment 2000 was.
Wow, there's a lot of love for Godzilla: Final Wars here. I really don't see it.

Jougeroth said:
I felt that Godzilla 2000 was a great Godzilla movie! And Godzilla Unleashed= Best game of the year!!! Yeah, YOU heard me!
You know, I liked Godzilla 2000 too. Certainly not the best of the Millennium series, but I put it above Godzilla vs. Megaguirus and Godzilla: Final Wars.

Zilla2007 said:
Just because Godzilla is over 50 years old, and holds the record for the longest running movie series doesn't man iits a flop now-a-days. If people would ****IN FORGET THE 70'S and except the new, dark tone Godzilla has adopted(not from the American one) then hes very likeable.
Forget the 70's Godzilla films? Why? They aren't my favorite of the series but they have their own charm. They also introduced some of the big guy's most enduring foes (Gigan, Megalon, Mechagodzilla, etc.). It's amusing to me that you discount these films yet applaud Godzilla: Final Wars. Director Ryuhei Kitamura liked that era of the Godzilla canon best and was going for that "flavor" in his film.

Godzilla certainly isn't as popular in the U.S. as, say, Star Wars or Spider-Man. Heck, Ultraman is more popular than Godzilla in Japan. The big guy isn't going away though. Like Zilla2000 said, it is the longest running film franchise. There is plenty of Godzilla merchandise (DVDs, these games, toys, etc.) out there if you look for it. There has to be a reason why. Bandai USA just put out its fourth series of 6" Godzilla figures recently. Would they do that any of the first three series tanked?

I cant wait for this game to come out its gonna be tight I thought Godzilla Melee on the gc was great! I wonder if King Kong is gonna be in it. Hey did anyone see Godzilla Vs King Kong? There was two versions one for America and one for Japan. Of course u know who won in each versions but they should have King Kong in this game so we can see who is the real King Of The Monsters!

I saw Godzilla VS King Kong, but Kong isn't even being considered for this game. Although his electricity powers would be an interesting implement.

Wow, there's a lot of love for Godzilla: Final Wars here. I really don't see it
I do. It has, ummm, lets see(I can't count them all off top), Godzilla, Angurius, Gigan(awesome redesign), Rodan, Kumonga, Kamacuras, King Ceaser, Manda, Ebirah, Hedorah(for 5 seconds), Zilla, Monster X, and Keizer Ghidorah. Not to mention the triumphant return of the Gotengo.

Forget the 70's Godzilla films? Why? They aren't my favorite of the series but they have their own charm. They also introduced some of the big guy's most enduring foes (Gigan, Megalon, Mechagodzilla, etc.). It's amusing to me that you discount these films yet applaud Godzilla: Final Wars. Director Ryuhei Kitamura liked that era of the Godzilla canon best and was going for that "flavor" in his film.
I don't mean leave the 70's alone. I ment that, if they don't want to watch the campyness(like me) then don't, and watch hardcore Godzilla films like Final Wars and SOS. For example, that Cpt. Jack guy said this game is for 10 years olds, probably because he saw a 70's Godzilla movie from the Showa series, saw the campyness in it, and threw it away as childish(Or he just saw the E 10+ rating, which means nothing), when Final Wars was just like Alien VS Predator, with the Aliens busting out of the human forms.

Last edited:
Slim said:
I cant wait for this game to come out its gonna be tight I thought Godzilla Melee on the gc was great! I wonder if King Kong is gonna be in it. Hey did anyone see Godzilla Vs King Kong? There was two versions one for America and one for Japan. Of course u know who won in each versions but they should have King Kong in this game so we can see who is the real King Of The Monsters!
Universal owns the rights to King Kong, so getting him into the game won’t happen without Atari licensing it through them. That brings up an interesting thought though. Maybe the next game they could combine Godzilla and his kaiju with Gamera and his…

The “two versions” of King Kong vs. Godzilla is a myth. It began when that “fact” was unfortunately published in Famous Monsters of Filmland many years ago. Totally untrue. Kong wins in the U.S. and Japanese versions.

Sorry I didn't mean to divert this thread into a discussion about the films when we're here to talk about the game. Zilla2007 it's obvious we're both Godzilla fans and if you like Final Wars that's fine by me.

Monsteroids said:
The fact of the matter. Godzilla is not very popular so nobody cares so nobody buys it so the sales revenue is poor and trhe longer they try to hold on to the Godzilla franchise... the more it'll suck every time!!! Simple. People are gonna pass this up for first party game because they think its another crappy kiddie game. Think about it most kids don't say I like Godzilla, they'll say I like Mario! Therefore their parents will get Mario related games for 'em. Hardcore Nintendo gamers and casual gamers alike do not care about Godzilla! Its not easy to get into, it isn't worth getting into aand Mario is cool Mr. Nintendo awesome gaming icon for all freaking ages with a simple, but fun premise! Hello, barely anyone likes Godzilla! For this reason Godzilla is a surefire FLOP. The gameplay for it also will be mediocre at best.

Well there is some popularity involved. The first game in 2002 (by Atari and Pipeworks) sold very well, and prompted a port to the first X-BOX. Then the second game comes. Though they had a few things to tweak, but the game has sold enough to catch up to the first game in terms of sales. Now with the 3rd game, its been shown at the New York Comic Con, the San Diego Comic Con and also the Seattle, WA PAX convention. The game has received lots of interests from convention goers and at this years E3, it won a spot in the fighting genre's top 5. So the game has come a long way to show its got some potential and Wii is the ideal system for it. The graphics are also said to be among the Wii's best. Not talking against the Mario games, but all those games have the same round polygons and same color style. They keep the same approach graphics wise, yet it does look better as the consoles advance for Nintendo. Though the graphics fit that style of game. Same with Godzilla, the graphics fit that style of game. The videos so far have been all compressed in the uploads to various places, but if you can see an improved image render in some videos, you will see a stupendous game for Wii. Plus there are some rich assortment of moves that can be done for even the combo process. Sadly though we haven't seen a lot of that, but I have been letting Atari know we need to see some of those finesse and special moves. :D

As far as Godzilla not being easy to get into, I beg to differ. I know for a fact in playing the second Godzilla game, that some regular Tekken and Dead or Alive players have said to me in X-BOX LIVE that they were surprised by the game and didn't think it would be as good as it is. Sometimes the unexpected happens. Mario is a big thing among a certain age group, but "kids" as you call them don't know about the early gaming days of Mario, so Galaxy and Paper Mario will be new to them. People who know of the SNES era and was there have the built up history to like Mario with a fan passion. Same thing with Godzilla. Though Godzilla was mostly movies and games came later on. No Godzilla isn't the big recognized name in gaming, but when it comes to games, Atari and Pipeworks has put together one monster of a series and its shown good, favorable promise to get a 3rd game and be identified now as a series. When I say it in numbers, I mean that the game is releasing like 2 years or so apart, not 5 years later.

Oh and by the way...GO Mothra!!!

:lol:

the first one for Gamecube was good, I don't believe this one will be bad...But I see most of you here either are sheep (bah-bah) or just plain don't like Godzilla.

Cpt. Jack said:
This game is going to suck why get so worked up over it?
Either you have a bad experience with Godzilla(if you do, tell me. I can help) or you just go with the Steriotypes that people talk about.

There is WWWAAAYYY more. You can do plenty of stuff in the fighting system. For example, do a hammer fist or uppercut while airborne, and a hammerfist will make you hit the ground faster, while an uppercut will make you go higher.

{Axtlár} said:
the first one for Gamecube was good, I don't believe this one will be bad...But I see most of you here either are sheep (bah-bah) or just plain don't like Godzilla.

We are not sheep. We are merely coming to the aid of a friend who has gotten way over his head. If you don't like it now, fine. But you will see. You will ALL see eventually.

Im not a huge fan of godzilla but the one for the GC was alot of fun im getting this 4 the wii evuntaly maybe.

Last edited:
Back