Godzilla: Unleashed will NOT suck.

No, the Wii version was delayed to the 5th of December. The DS and Ps2 versions, however, are coming out on the 20th of November, still.

Meh, ima rent it. I cant help not wanting to be a giant monster attacking cities and other giant monsters.. :/

Who can? Playing as Giant Monsters is fun, but being Godzilla makes it worth even more.

Well, there is a new designer diary at GameSpot. It talks about the Factions this time around:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/...vert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

And, for those that don't wanna take the time to read it, I'll post the best of it here:

Earth Defenders (ED)
This is Godzilla's faction. The Earth Defenders are Earth-based monsters that act in the best interests of the globe as a whole. The primary goal of the Earth Defenders is to destroy the crystal infestation that threatens the earth. Destroying a set of power surge crystals is the best way to gain favor with that faction.
Destroying a set of power surge crystals: +15 Affinity
Destroying ambient crystals: +3 Affinity
Reaching critical mass: -5 Affinity
Gaining a power surge for yourself: -15 Affinity

Alien Invaders
The Alien Invaders are led by the Vortaak, who see the power surge crystals as a new tool they can use to subjugate the earth. Collecting power surges is their primary goal, though attacking and defeating the Earth's defenses comes in a close second.
Gaining a power surge for yourself: +15 Affinity
Destroying human military vehicles: +3 Affinity
Destroying alien military vehicles: -3 Affinity
Destroying ambient crystals: -3 Affinity
Destroying a set of power surge crystals: -15 Affinity

Global Defense Force (GDF)
The Global Defense Force protects humanity from monster and alien threats. Their primary concern is the health and well-being of humans and human cities. Although they are concerned with the crystals, they tend to see the imminent alien invasion as the larger threat. Monsters that become allies with the GDF will find that human military vehicles no longer attack them.
Finishing an encounter with no destruction: +15 Affinity
Destroying alien military vehicles: +3 Affinity
Destroying buildings in human cities: -3 Affinity
Destroying human military vehicles: -3 Affinity

Almost everything that you do will have an effect on your standing with factions.Mutants
The Mutants are not so much a faction as a loose grouping of those monsters that act from self-interest rather than a specific agenda. Mutants revel in destruction and victory, tending to respect monsters that really let loose. Mutants are especially fond of reaching critical mass--a marked exception to every other faction.
Reaching critical mass: +5 Affinity
Destroying buildings: +3 Affinity
Finishing an encounter with no destruction: -15 Affinity

Global Adjustments
In addition to these faction-specific modifiers, there are some basic modifiers that apply to every encounter:
Defeat a monster: -10 Affinity
Defeat an allied monster: -20 Affinity
Free a monster from a power surge: +15 Affinity
Finish an encounter without fighting: +10 Affinity

JordanGLC said:
So is this getting released this Tuesday?
you know what I would do is call the store just to make sure some "accident" :lol: :scared: :crazy: :yesnod: happened, and its there early. LOL! Though technically its not supposed to be there for the PS2 version until the 20th. The Wii version is the 5th of December.

Man haven't been here in a long time....

Heres the final monsters and their renders.....

MechaGodzilla 75
mg74-n.jpg

MechaGodzilla 2
godzilla-unleashed-20071114054039756-000.jpg

Godzilla 54
godzilla-unleashed-20071114054117959-000.jpg

Godzilla 90's
godzilla-unleashed-20071114054002131-000.jpg

SpaceGodzilla
godzilla-unleashed-20071114054202256-000.jpg

You guys are very hard to please, but I may have something that may please. You know the box art, right? Its _very_ lame and unappealing.

wii_l_godzilla_cvr.jpg

Well, luckly, and friend at the Atari Godzilla boards made a better one.

Requeset-Zilla2007-WiiCoverArt.jpg

Did anyone buy this game? I bought it. Played it. beat the story.

Delightful.

Outstanding.

FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you're a big Godzilla fanboy and that is why you enjoyed it. Game Informer gave it a 4. Game Informer is pretty accurate with their reviews.

T3kNi9e said:
I think you're a big Godzilla fanboy and that is why you enjoyed it. Game Informer gave it a 4. Game Informer is pretty accurate with their reviews.
I am a big Godzilla fanboy, but yousee, magazines have to make the mag a few months before its mailed. They had to get an early version of GU so that they could review it in time for the mag for GU's month. Mr. Strange, a guy working on the Atari Godzilla franchise said that a lot of characters, specificly MechaGodzilla II, were very broken at that time.

Back