Got my PS3 today, Couple of questions, PLEASE

daviduk200

The XBOX 360 Guy
Jul 18, 2007
Scotland
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Right firstly, the game i got was REsistance fall of man,

its ok but graphics i find ummm, well pretty pants for supposedly NEXT gen.

it maybe because i dint have HD, i dunno.

well anyway, my main questions are.

im currently doing the system update and well have been doing so for lets say, and hour and a half, and its only 48% through it.
is this normal, or abnormally slow?

also, i can tlink my PSP to it, it says the registered PS£ doesnt have remote play, but iv set both PS£ and PSP up linked, and they have 100% signal. what do i do?

not much more to say YET!!! lol

well personally i think the ps3 sucks booty..and not the juicy kind..also my friend had one and his update took forever as well so not sure if its a sony problem or if its a connection issue (56k? cable? dsl?)

I love my ps3. The best console ive had to date and i have the wii and 360 as well. Dude if you dont have an hdtv dont bother with it. Stick to the wii. Its night and day when you go from sd to hd.

It's faster if you download the update from your computer and then transfer the update file to a USB drive for use on the PS3.

i don't have an hd tv either, but i'm planning to get a ps3 as well....not so much because of the graphics, but also because of the blu ray disks and the game "Genji Days of the Blade" or something like that....

anyway, as you can see, xbox360 is once more on the bottom, even with halo3 released a month ago, ps3 weekly sales passed xbox360's in Europe....

see later sales here: http://www.vgchartz.com/

OP: Resistance was a launch title, the PS3 launch titles use less than 40% of the systems full capabilities. The longer developers have to learn the system and push their project, the more of the system's power they can use.

It took years before the N64 was used to its full potential.

The PS3 is an amazing system however, and sadly their big game lineup is still in development, but that is also a good thing.

The update is patching your Operating system/firm ware. The PS3 has the most advanced OS on any console yet to date, so it might take a few, but it also sounds like you are having connection issues.

In order to enjoy a next gen system you need the next gen tools. That includes a high rez TV, aka HD-TV. You can still enjoy the system but you cant expect the good looks without a good screen. Once you have that you can choose at which resolution to play games in from the OS GUI.

yeah it eventually finished after 3 hours lol.

i got the PS3 because i cant get my 360 online, and i my #PS3 onine immeditatly lol

Resistance online = awsome.

anyway

graphics on any console are not my real concern any way, and so far i do enjoy the PS3 more than my 360, but not as much as wii,

anyway, lol

anybody else got PS3, resistance ad online?

if so PM me and we can become buddies and play lol :)

the ps3 download time are very long but are getting better . but yes to really see what the ps3 can do you need hd. no way around that im hurst1984 on ps3. seen me an invite if you like

Resistance is one of the better games I've played all time. Single player is great and the story is original. R:FOM was my first online console experience and it is AWESOME.

Downloading firmware doesn't take very long for me so it might be your connection.

PSN: Lou-igi, I added Hurst and Daivduk

Last edited:
Back