Guitar Hero III - IGN article

Well, they could make the fretboard extendable. You could extend the neck, slide the wiimote in, and then slide the neck back to its original position locking the wiimote in place.

As for the need of having the wiimote connected to it, that's two fold. One is so it would be entirely wireless. If you couldn't do that where would you hook up the guitar? The second is you could add things to the Wii version that aren't in the others. For instance, as mentioned in that article, you could add style points for moving the guitar around and stuff like that. I like this idea better than the pics where the wiimote attached to the end of the guitar. At least this way we can't really damage the wiimote unless we drop the guitar or something.

I thought of a good reason for the Wiimote being in there..

They can use the 1 and 2 buttons as additional buttons

Maybe for fast solos [Most solos are down there]
Character actions [Press 1 and he'll do a spin or something]

heh heh..,

All I can say is guitar smashing. Grab the thing by the neck, hold down the 1 or 2 buttons and flail away like a madman. The crowd(virtual) will go nuts.(just don't hit any thing with the actual controler)
Also first post. Hi everybody.

Last edited:
well after owning GH 1 and 2 i'm sure 3 couldn't suck. looks like i'll have to buy this as well...dont hurt my feelings none.

I can't wait for this.. i have gh2 for ps2 and it's awesome, it's pretty much teh only game i play on my ps2.. So on wii it will be amazing :D

I also cant wait for that band game :D

something told me guitar hero 2 was coming to wii, and i was sure of it.

Back