Guitar Hero News

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
In lieu of recent rumors regarding the upcoming release of Guitar Hero III for the Wii, RedOctane has provided UK-based Web site Pro-G with an official response to online functionality for the Wii:

"There will, in fact, be online gameplay for the Wii when Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock launches in late October." said Kai Huang, president and co-founder of RedOctane. "However, there will not be downloadable content available on the Wii at launch. That, we are still working with Nintendo on."

Previously, Pro-G Editor Tom Orry quoted Huang at Games Convention 2007 saying saying that "there won't be online initially for the Wii, but we are working with Nintendo to see how we can get those features in."

"It seems some wires were crossed over the online functionality of the Wii game," reads the Pro-G retraction of the earlier report.

No song downloads at launch? Say it ain't so!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is planned for a multiconsole launch in late October for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. A press release is expected from RedOctane if and when the Wii version will offer downloadable songs like its Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 counterparts. Wii is expected to have unique functionality that Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will not, but no plans have been announced yet.

source: thewiire.com

Last edited:
wario2ooo said:
wooo.....so there will be a chance that it will be online?........lol
no, if you read the article it states it will only be online for ps3 and 360.

"There will, in fact, be online gameplay for the Wii when Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock launches in late October."

We get the online play, but not song downloads, at least not from launch. Let's hope they can fix that issue :worship:

Nfanboy said:
I don't care about Guitar Hero. It doesn't look very fun. (In my opinion)

then why take the time to comment on it? haven't u got anything better to do?

I dont care if u can download songs or not, i'm just happy there will be a GH on the Wii... and my fav musician ever - SLASH - is in it! :)

I'm not surprised it won't have song downloads at launch (If ever). There just doesn't seem to be enough memory or anything. If Nintendo would ever launch a harddrive for it than that's another story....but oh well, no biggy.

Shame on you!

Nfanboy said:

What in the hell are you saying?!:yikes: You trying to piss-off the entire Wii-Chat community?!:mad5: What next, you gonna give hate to DDR on Wii too?:nono:

Nfanboy said:
Have you ever played any Guitar Hero games? No? Ok don't post here then.

Anyways, if they are in fact going to make downloading songs possible, do you think they would enable them to be saved to say an SD card, but then they would lose money if you were able to take it to another Wii and use it there.

blueovalboy7 said:
Have you ever played any Guitar Hero games? No? Ok don't post here then.

Anyways, if they are in fact going to make downloading songs possible, do you think they would enable them to be saved to say an SD card, but then they would lose money if you were able to take it to another Wii and use it there.
1. I agree, he has nothing better to do.

2. There better be an update to get downloadable songs on GH3, not future copies because that will piss me off to no end.

Glad to see it's Wifi atleast. I was getting really worried. :D

PKU4GOOD said:
What in the hell are you saying?!:yikes: You trying to piss-off the entire Wii-Chat community?!:mad5: What next, you gonna give hate to DDR on Wii too?:nono:
Lol I don't like DDR but that's becuase I suck at it, love Guitar Hero though and can't wait to get it and play you all online

I'm pretty sure they use the words "initially not online"

I'm gonna get it, only because it's guitar hero...and I don't own a 360, ps3, or ps2.

Also, Nfanboy is just that...an N fanboy. GH = third party = SUX
dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

Back