Gun Ban Proposal

ROB64

40lb box of rape
Dec 8, 2007
Georgia
Wii Online Code
0120-6723-8776-4093
Oh God, I didn't think it would happen this soon.

Gun Law Update by Alan Korwin,
Author Gun Laws of America Jan. 5, 2008

Gun-ban list proposed

Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when
they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady's plan to introduce
shortly.

I have an outline of the Brady's current plans and targets of opportunity, It's horrific. They're going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms
dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They've made little mention of criminals.

Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process,
confiscated property, states' rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment.

The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):

M1 Carbine, Sturm Ruger Mini-14, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, AR-10, Thompson 1927, Thompson M1; AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR; Olympic Arms PCR; AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU, Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR,or FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, HK-PSG-1, Thompson 1927 Commando, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle; Saiga, SAR-8, SAR-4800, SKS with detachable magazine, SLG 95, SLR 95 or 96, Steyr AU, Tavor, Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):

Calico M-110, MAC-10, MAC-11, or MPA3, Olympic Arms OA, TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10, Uzi.

Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):

Armscor 30 BG, SPAS 12 or LAW 12, Striker 12, Streetsweeper.

Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):

A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a threaded barrel, (iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below), (iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rimfire rifles).

A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has (i) a second pistol grip, (ii) a threaded barrel, (iii) a barrel shroud or (iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and (v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more
than 10 rounds.

A semiautomatic shotgun with (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a pistol grip (see definition below), (iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and (iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will:

Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any "semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General." Note that Obama's pick for this office (Eric Holder, confirmation hearing set for

Jan. 15) wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home. In making this determination, the bill says, "there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."

In plain English this means that ANY firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public.

The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn't have a sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose -- is that devious or what? And of course, "sporting purpose" is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent.

Respectfully submitted, Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America
http://www.gunlaws.com/gloa.htm

I've been seeing this pop up everywhere since the start of the year, and it scares the **** out of me.

Thoughts?

That is complete and utter bullshit. If it is passed, I will immediately move out of this country. All I have to say is 2nd Amendment, and they are definitely trying to infringe upon it.

If you ever wonder why I have such a distaste for liberals, Exhibit A is in the above post.

Last edited:
Well, there's still water guns. PEW PEW PEW!

11950388546792.jpg

I personally don't like guns, and there's too many trigger-happy idiots running around and making bad choices with them. Maybe I got ahead of myself when I thought all guns should be banned, but.. it would bring the murder count down. Oh, and people would be less likely to rob a store, bank or other places with a knife or when empty-handed.

Last edited:
Wow...

Laws like this are stupid; most guns that are used to commit crimes are blackmarket guns anyways.

Well, it doesn't look like an all-out gun ban (though its not that bad actually, living in a country where I don't have to worry too much about guns. Instead, we have knife crime).

Not sure why those specific guns. I understand the right to bear arms, but at the same time, there should be a limit. People simply disagree where that limit should be (and rightfully so, there's a fine line between defense and attack when it comes to lethal weapons, one that can easily be broken without realisation).

:thumbsup:

To those whining about not being able to use their precious guns anymore, think of this way: your country's abnormally high murder rate (compared to other first-world countries) will go down.

people have been trying to ban guns since the introduction of the second amendmant.

:thumbsup:

To those whining about not being able to use their precious guns anymore, think of this way: your country's abnormally high murder rate (compared to other first-world countries) will go down.

Surely you're not ignorant enough to think there's a single variable in the crime rate equation.

I was okay with the assault rifle ban, but this is going overboard.

Whoever said that a locked government is bad was wrong.

As much as I like this idea, USA will never be able to ban guns before Canada does. We can only hope for the day that guns are not needed. For all of you who talk about the 2nd amendment, it is time for a change, stop listening to everything from centuries ago.

Obviously more guns means more lives lost. I'm tired of people spewing anti-liberal sentiments because the liberal public would like to see gun control. I'm actually a proponent of gun control, but I don't mind people having guns. I mind it being so easy to acquire them, and the extent to which they can be acquired. If someone feels the need to have one for protection, that is their right, but guns are so easy to obtain it creates massive problems. You can't ignore the amount of gun-crimes there are by people who probably and in many cases legally should not be in possession of a gun. I think that if this ban is the only way to handle these aformentioned "trigger happy idiots" then the people that do use guns responsibly will have to bite the bullet (pun intended)

Last edited:
That is complete and utter bullshit. If it is passed, I will immediately move out of this country. All I have to say is 2nd Amendment, and they are definitely trying to infringe upon it.

If you ever wonder why I have such a distaste for liberals, Exhibit A is in the above post.

I love when conservatives threaten to move. Where in the bloody hell could a conservative American move that would satisfy them, assuming they'd like to stay in a first world nation?

I love when conservatives threaten to move. Where in the bloody hell could a conservative American move that would satisfy them, assuming they'd like to stay in a first world nation?

NOWHERE, which is why America needs to stay conservative like. Liberals can move to Canada, there's enough icy wasteland for all of them.

And I'm most likely going to end up going to England. :|

Obviously more guns means more lives lost. I'm tired of people spewing anti-liberal sentiments because they would like to see gun control. I'm actually a proponent of gun control, but I don't mind people having guns. I mind it being so easy to acquire them, and the extent to which they can be acquired. If someone feels the need to have one for protection, that is their right, but guns are so easy to obtain it creates massive problems. You can't ignore the amount of gun-crimes there are by people who probably and in many cases legally should not be in possession of a gun. I think that if this ban is the only way to handle these afformentioned "trigger happy idiots" then the people that do use guns responsibly will have to bite the bullet (pun intended)

You DO know almost all guns used in crimes are blackmarketed, yes?

Back