gun slinging, i heard of but gun swinging?????

crazygrant

WiiChat Member
Jun 21, 2011
yes, you heard me right. i said gun SWINGING.

it happened around 4pm gmt... a tc match in the nightclub.

occassionally during the game as i was taking aim at my opponents my gun would drift slightly upwards and to the far right....

i was like wtf the first time. but it happened around another 3 or 4 times. sometimes i was able to drag my aim back quick enough, other times i died shooting the lightbulbs. so i quit out, wondering if that was a random connection glitch? or a hack?

im not sure if i was shooting at the same person EVERY time, but i know it was the same person for at least 3 times... the first time and at least two others.

so was it a hack? if so does it only work on him? or the whole team?

and if its not a hack, what is it?

THINGS TO BARE IN MIND:

batteries are top notch duracels, still on 4 bars power (maybe played 1 hr max with them).

it ONLY happened for that game.

NO i wasnt slipping off my seat at the time :wink:

neither was i drunk (i said 4pm afterall, not claiming im sober now though.... well i am, though those 'smoke grenades' may be distracting me :wink: )

there was no problem with my wiimote and nunchuck, still have not disconnected and reconnected them and they are perfectly OK.

and no i was NOT moving it there myself without meaning to. i had to actually fight against it to hold my aim when i had regained control.

SO... any ideas please guys?

Last edited:
no one got any ideas :frown5: <------ look, you've all gone and made me sad......and blue?!

You mean where you aim at a person, and then all of a sudden, it moves to a point like, right next to your target instead of on him?

Yeah. That happens to me a TON. Usually happens when the target you're aiming at is killed by someone else

The drift thing, I think, is caused by having the analog stick slightly off center when you first activate the controls. It used to happen to me from time to time but not anymore - I am always careful to ensure the stick is centered before activating the controller.

This happens to me all the time, either that or I can be running into another room of a map and it will just glitch and I'll end up somewhere else I didn't even want to go.I don't quit in the middle of games but if either of those things happen to me I just leave. I'm no good to my team if I can't even aim without my gun swinging to the right or left outta no where.

I dunno bout the drifting, I have had it where the ads flicks to next to the target, I always put that to lag, its locking onto where the player "was", but drifting no I dunno. I wouldnt think it was a hack seems. like a complex hack when they can just add a rocket launcher or something more effective, just my thoughts anyway, probably find the wii was a lil tired maybe giving it a coffee might help?

well thanks for all the replies... it hasnt happened to me for a bit now.

but im CERTAIN it was NOT a wiimote issue (as i think i said... it only happened occassionaly, mainly on same targets), and ive not had any probs since.

though this last week or so ive noticed a few real weird things in this game.
see my thread about the torros... it starts life as a terra with laser AND silencer if i change to it for my first load out.

yeah...ive noticed thejumping with the terra....not any snipers...

I had a similar problem when i would ADS, but mine used to point towards the floor, so the chap who i was aiming at would have plenty of time to empty my brains from my skull. What i did was trick my Wii. I have the sensor bar located just below my TV screen, and this was how it was configured in the settings. so what i did was keep the sensor bar where it was, but changed the configuration so the Wii now thinks that the sensor bar is above the TV. Now, i have harmonious ADS, and a greatly improved kill score. in fact, even i can even merrily do "from the hip" kills with a sniper rifle, in those surprise close combat situations.:wink:

Back