hahaha this made me lol

OK. The PS2 won because of its huge 3rd party support. The PS3 has very little 3rd party support due to production costs on Blue-Ray.... The XBOX had better graphics than the PS2 but lost due to very low 3rd party support.... The gamecube failed cause Nintendo was too cocky (Like Sony now) about the N64's huge success.....

Major Tom said:
OK. The PS2 won because of its huge 3rd party support. The PS3 has very little 3rd party support due to production costs on Blue-Ray.... The XBOX had better graphics than the PS2 but lost due to very low 3rd party support.... The gamecube failed cause Nintendo was too cocky (Like Sony now) about the N64's huge success.....

PS3 has so little 3rd party support, but still sells more consoles than a Xbox360.. :cornut:

Major Tom said:

realllllyyyy? http://playstation.about.com/od/ps3/a/PS3SpecsDetails_2.htm

“Each generation of PlayStation has made a dramatic improvement in how we create and play videogames. PLAYSTATION 3 will be a breakthrough in how the world experiences entertainment. EA is fully aligned with Sony Computer Entertainment – we share their vision and applaud their success. ”
-Larry Probst, Chairman and CEO, Electronic Arts

“President Kutaragi has thrown down a gauntlet. That gauntlet is called the PLAYSTATION 3. We here at KOEI have gladly taken up the challenge, and are striving day and night to take full advantage of all the PS3's new possibilities. Our goal is to combine cutting-edge technology with a full range of artistic expression to deliver the ultimate form of entertainment, and please people everywhere.”
-Keiko Erikawa, Chairman & C.E.O., KOEI Co., Ltd.

“With the arrival of the next generation computer entertainment system PLAYSTATION 3, I believe it will be possible for graphic expressions, more beautiful than before, to coexist with more deep and evolved game play which utilize the Cell architecture. I also have high expectations for the evolution by the online features that will be enhanced. We will utilize the features of the new platform and will strive to create contents that will bring new excitement for our users world wide, so please have high hopes for Konami. ”
-Kazumi Kitaue, CEO, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

“Each time SCEI launches a console, the video games business moves to the next level. With PLAYSTATION 3 it looks as if it might be time for interactive entertainment to become, finally, the world's dominant artistic medium. ”
-Sam Houser, President, Rockstar Games (Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.)

“We at Namco have used and will continue to use the advancements in audio-visual technology to deliver games that are not only appealing to the eyes and ears, but that stir emotions, speak to the heart, and remain in players’ minds for years to come. We are confident that the PLAYSTATION 3 is an entertainment system that will enable us to do just that.”
-Shigeru Yokoyama, CT Company President, Namco Ltd.

“Next-generation hardware platforms will enable SEGA to create new game concepts that offer more immersive interactive experiences. SEGA continues to pursue the fusion of creativity and technology by publishing only the best, more innovative content to gamers around the world.”
-Hisao Oguchi, President and Chief Operating Officer, SEGA Corporation

“Square Enix is extremely honored to have had the chance to provide you with this technical demonstration of what the Cell processor can bring to the PLAYSTATION 3 and the world of gaming. We are committed to fully backing SCEI’s new computer entertainment system and plans to bring the FINAL FANTASY series to the PS3 are just beyond the horizon.”
-Yoichi Wada, President, SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.

“Ubisoft was one of the first major international developers to have its teams start focusing on next generation consoles. We are looking forward to developing outstanding games on Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.’s new system. Its powerful features will help take the industry to an even higher level in the very near future.”
-Yves Guillemot, President and CEO, Ubisoft

“With the new generation PlayStation platform, we can create “GUNDAM WORLD” with the quality no one has ever imagined. The philosophy, connecting millions of Cell together, makes reality get closer to the world of SF films. We are delighted to share the vision of Ken, ARCHITECT, Kutaragi.”
-Shin Unozawa, Managing Director, Leader, Game Software Group, President, Video Game Company, BANDAI CO.,LTD.

Theres more out there... =)
Sony has third party support all right, especially after GDC07. However a lot of playstation3 games are still in developement, its still a new system. Wait till next year and you will see what i mean.

Last edited:
:D :Wow. That article might of meant something if it wasn't post a day before the system came out.[/QUOTE]
Wel i didnt even kno that b/c i look mostly at wii stuff, man u learn new things everyday.
Wat-a-day!

Yeah a 3rd party company would have to sell anywhere between 600,000 to 3 million games to make a profit. KH3 isn't coming out for the PS3 due to the fact that Disney hates the PS3... "We have no interest in Sony or their PS3"

Major Tom said:
Yeah a 3rd party company would have to sell anywhere between 600,000 to 3 million games to make a profit. KH3 isn't coming out for the PS3 due to the fact that Disney hates the PS3... "We have no interest in Sony or their PS3"

You claim that that sony has no third party support and in that you are wrong. Period. Third party support doesnt mean exclusives. Get it?
PS3 has sold more units in the first 3 months after launch than the Xbox 360 did for theirs. Dont you bother reading whats being said in these forums?

Of course disney wouldnt care about sony. 1. sony is their competitor in the film industry, 2. making kid games for the PS3 is kind of counter productive now isnt it? If i were disney i would show much more interest in Nintendo due to its target audience which includes children. Also dont get disney confused with Square-enix who are actually developing the game. I would finally like to see where you got that quote from? Lastly theres very little information on KH3, so im not sure why you are already making assumptions about it. Nice try.

Darkprinny said:
They said that about PS2

Only difference is the PS2 was good and it had good games

Don't get me wrong the PS3 is better than the PS2 but IMO it doesn't have enough to beat the 360 which is it;s closest thing it doesn't beat it in enough aspects

Disney owns many rights to the Kingdom Hearts series not including just the Disney character. Their rights include:
Gummi Ship
Keyblade
Sora
and a few others.

The cost is no longer an issue for me my brother is offering it for $400

Major Tom said:
Disney owns many rights to the Kingdom Hearts series not including just the Disney character. Their rights include:
Gummi Ship
Keyblade
Sora
and a few others.

This is often how it works, developer wants franchise, pays money for rights, makes game and the publisher with developer chooses its console(s)/system for it to appear on and develope it accordingly. Just because disney has the rights for the characters or franchise doesnt mean they have the final say in the matter either. Its never that simple.

Most likely the game will aim for a multiplatform approach for greater revinue unless sony is willing to pay the rights for the exclusive, which i dont believe they would want to do.

Shiftfallout said:
why is it not a very good system?

It supports HD quality, it has one of the best GPUs on the market, It uses the most advanced cell CPU seen on a console, It has Blue Ray which disks hold 50gigabytes worth of data, its controller has sixaxis motion control, the most advanced firmware/OS for any of the consoles to date...

now tell me, why is it not a very good system?

I lol'd. You can have the best hardware in the world, but you will still always have this thing called a budget that will hold you back. The poor PS3 software sales coupled with the lowest userbase on the system and high development costs sure won't attract 3rd parties.

None of the things you list really matter, a lack of games (namely exclusives) and five hundred ninty nine US dollars are the reasons for Sony's failure. "But but... just wait till... uh.. sometime, Sony really does have a ton of 3rd part support just you wait!" lol. A lack of exclusives means no market leader for Sony. They lost DMC, they'll likely lose MGS, and FFXIII won't be out untill 2008, which means late 08/early 09 for US... By then it will be too late. In the mean time Wii outsells them both in every region and is such a hot item that supply still hasn't caught up with demand even now going into April.

Your list of reasons why the PS3 is a "good system" reminds me of DS vs PSP arguments, and we all know how that turned out. The fact that much higher budget PS3 software such as VF5 are selling worse than some of the much lower development cost and low profile games on the Wii says alot.

Last edited:
Hocotate said:
I lol'd. You can have the best hardware in the world, but you will still always have this thing called a budget that will hold you back. The poor PS3 software sales coupled with the lowest userbase on the system and high development costs sure won't attract 3rd parties.
hmm yes budget... interesting you bring this up. Let me ask you a question? do you know of a thing called the secondary market? or alternate sources of revinue?

Ok, let me change course for a second here and state a fact. The same thing was said about the PS2 and it ended up being one of the most successful systems in history.

The XBOX 360 has sold the most units, its a year old and is nearing 11 million units sold. Sony ps3, at a much higher cost has sold MORE than the xbox360 within its first three months.

The PS3 right now is being sampled with computers by stanford (major uni) to test processing strength. It can process at a 23:1 ratio compared to the average computer. Meaning 23 times more than a normal cpu based off the average numbers coming in from windows users.

still with me? Ok now lets skip over to GDC 2007 where sony wowed an auditorium full of developers and gathered great praise at the convention. Sony has been developing now not only first party games but has a slew of third party game STILL IN DEVELOPEMENT.

THE SYSTEM IS NOT EVEN HALF A YEAR OLD. let me remind you of it selling more than the 360 at their launch period.

You are saying its wont even attract third party developers when IT ALREADY HAS. I dont know what your smoking but i will take some of it, unless its that weed that makes you biased, ill pass.

None of the things you list really matter, a lack of games (namely exclusives) and five hundred ninty nine US dollars are the reasons for Sony's failure. "But but... just wait till... uh.. sometime, Sony really does have a ton of 3rd part support just you wait!" lol. A lack of exclusives means no market leader for Sony. They lost DMC, they'll likely lose MGS, and FFXIII won't be out untill 2008, which means late 08/early 09 for US... By then it will be too late. In the mean time Wii outsells them both in every region and is such a hot item that supply still hasn't caught up with demand even now going into April.

Nothing i have listen really matters eh...The PS3 is the cheapest blue ray player on the market, blue ray is leading the war in High Definition movie sales, Its an open ended system which enourages modding.. meaning like the PSP users can create their own software for the PS3 and mod it accordingly, meaning, it runs linux and CAN USE both the Xbox 360 and wii controllers. Ouch, hurts doesnt it?

List goes on, blue ray holds 50 gigs of space... do you know what that means? most like you dont or you wouldnt be so ignorant. It means higher resolution textures, greater quality sound, movie files, and more gameplay content can be used. It means a game will never need more than one disc for a long arse time. Lets continue, its online capabilities can be used for not only gaming, but just about anything due to the openness of the system. Accessories like the Eyetoy allow the PS3 to recognize real images and translate them into the game world, this means that if a Collectable Card game were to be made into a game, people can buy the real cards and play them in the game itself, it means that its a machine that senses movement and identifies images. Ok lets move on, the gpu is the most advanced gpu along with the 360 in terms of capability, this means a lot if you come from a background of PC gaming. Its firmware is the most complex and useful firmware on the market. If you have played a PSP you would know what its capable of.

OK now im getting tired of listing stuff.. im going to get distracted and move on over to the secondary market. OK home, it is a multiplayer world that allows companies to incorporate their logos, their identity into a virtual world. Their advertisements can be shown, rewards are given for purchasing games, and the single player games have an impact on the multiplayer world.
Now, if you were a developer, and you knew piracy was an issue.. wouldnt you want to go with 1) a medium that can take up 50 gigs of space (meaning, downloading and copying that much info will discourage piracy, therefore increasing revinue), 2) have an online world that encourages the buying of games for multiplayer rewards, 3) advertising to their target audience directly, 4) premium item brand purchases increasing revinue...

Look, right now the PS3 is a system that has a lot of potential. It has a LIST of exclusives that sony itself is developing, its also going to showcase multiplatform games. It appeals to the mod community and will be the first platform console to showcase user made software and games.

Simply put, the PS3 is an amazing system. It does have third party support, its still considered a recently released system and finally it has not failed, by saying that you already show you are ignorant and biased.

Your list of reasons why the PS3 is a "good system" reminds me of DS vs PSP arguments, and we all know how that turned out. The fact that much higher budget PS3 software such as VF5 are selling worse than some of the much lower development cost and low profile games on the Wii says alot.

Wo wo wow... dont get me started on the DS vs PSP. YOU obviously know nothing about the psp. Who said a system that sells more is a better system? its a lot like a game thats really good but appeals to a lesser ammount of people. The fact is the PSP is around the same price as a nintendo Wii. For a hand held its very expensive, but its also the most amazing piece of portable hardware on the market.

My PSP right now is a virtual minicomputer. I read books off of it, use it as a remote for my tv, use it to communicate with my PC, PLAY nes, snes, atari, neogeo, sega mastersystem, gba, playstation1, mame, N64, usermade homebrew games.. to name a few. It can play movies streaming from my TV and Computer, play music, HELL i was enjoying Xenogears and Final Fantasy 8 off of it earlier. Its soo moddable its insane.

If what you "claim" is true, which its not, the number of psp games would be slowing... the fact is thats not the case. I dont care if its a more expensive system, im a working professional and can buy these things. I enjoy what they offer and know that a better system is not always the CHEAPER system.

Im no fanboy, in fact I enjoy all systems, but I wont be ignorant and not admit the strong points of each.

nice try.

Shiftfallout said:
The PS3 right now is being sampled with computers by stanford (major uni) to test processing strength. It can process at a 23:1 ratio compared to the average computer. Meaning 23 times more than a normal cpu based off the average numbers coming in from windows users.

You still don't get it. If the userbase is not there to support the video game software, developers will not spend the millions to develop a game that will only reach a small userbase. Without games the PS3 will not sell well period. Blu-ray will save it? lol. PS3 was supposed to support blu-ray, not the other way around. It is not the certain disc medium to replace DVD, and to suggest that the PS3 will survive selling as a computer is laughable.

Ok now lets skip over to GDC 2007 where sony wowed an auditorium full of developers and gathered great praise at the convention. Sony has been developing now not only first party games but has a slew of third party game STILL IN DEVELOPEMENT.

lol. Nobody wow'd at GDC (not Sony, Nintendo or MS). LittleBigPlanet looked nice, but lets not get carried away and try to claim Sony "wowed." Lemmie guess HOME will save them? lol you are desperate now. And I'd like to see a list of this "slew of third party games" you speak of. Like I said,
"But but... just wait till... uh.. sometime, Sony really does have a ton of 3rd part support just you wait!"

THE SYSTEM IS NOT EVEN HALF A YEAR OLD. let me remind you of it selling more than the 360 at their launch period.

Let me remind you that the Wii outsold both the 360 and PS3 combined worldwide last month. Let me remind you that the Wii is selling better than the PS2 at this same point during it's lifetime.

You are saying its wont even attract third party developers when IT ALREADY HAS. I dont know what your smoking but i will take some of it, unless its that weed that makes you biased, ill pass.

Why is it that 3rd parties are bailing out exclusive titles? The games we know of now were in development pre-launch and pre-E3, everyone thought the PS3 would have the same success of the PS2. We know now that sure isn't looking to be the case, and that is why so many games are being ported to the 360 now. This is also why all of the Wii dev kits were sold out recently.

Nothing i have listen really matters eh...The PS3 is the cheapest blue ray player on the market, blue ray is leading the war in High Definition movie sales,

The war on the next disc format is premature and won't likely take off for a good number of years, the next gen console winner will have already been decided by then.

Its an open ended system which enourages modding.. meaning like the PSP users can create their own software for the PS3 and mod it accordingly, meaning, it runs linux and CAN USE both the Xbox 360 and wii controllers. Ouch, hurts doesnt it?

So... since there is such a mediocre game lineup for the PS3, we have to make our own games to get any use out of it... And since Sony couldn't properly rip off the Wii remote they have to use it too... Nice try but without software to push the system, this won't make a difference. "Ouch, hurts doesnt it?" is what I will post when the PS3 continues to flop throughout the year (I woud say when it loses it's marketshare and comes in last, but thats already happened).

Who said a system that sells more is a better system? ..... its[PSP] also the most amazing piece of portable hardware on the market.

Oh please.... This is simply your opinion, we go by the sucess of a system to determine which is "better." By your logic I could say the N-gage is the "most amazing piece of portable hardware on the market" because "its a lot like a game thats really good but appeals to a lesser ammount of people." Stop grasping at straws.

by saying that you already show you are ignorant and biased.

lol look who’s talking. Despite all that has happened, you blindly follow Sony in believing that they will somehow take the industry back.

If what you "claim" is true, which its not, the number of psp games would be slowing... the fact is thats not the case. I dont care if its a more expensive system, im a working professional and can buy these things.

Your right, the PSP would actually have to have games in the first place for them to slow down... I don't know why you are trying to defend the PSP here, its library cannot compare to the DS... you yourself admit to playing moded PSX games on it… this is due to a lack of compelling software released. There are definately some great games for the system, but it just can't stand up to the DS.

Last edited:
Back