hahaha this made me lol

Hocotate said:
Haha trying to spin it. Spin Sony fanboy, spin.
Your obviously new here, therefore you would know im far from being a fanboy of any type.

You still don't get it. If the userbase is not there to support the video game software, developers will not spend the millions to develop a game that will only reach a small userbase. Without games the PS3 will not sell well period. Blu-ray will save it? lol. PS3 was supposed to support blu-ray, not the other way around. It is not the certain disc medium to replace DVD, and to suggest that the PS3 will survive selling as a computer is laughable.

Again, you forget multiplatform games DO exist. Yes, they are not myth as you would like to believe. Developers know that 1) they want money, 2) they know that if they have a hot franchise, the players will go to it regardless of console. 3)they are competing with other game developers to have the superior product (not just in sales, but also in technical superiority).

If anyones acting like a fanboy here... its you kid. Who said that the blue ray will support the system only? Ever heard of a multimedia system. Thats what sony is aiming for this time around. Deal with it. You say that its laughable that the PS3 would "survive" selling as a computer is laughable? Thats kind of funny since last i checked PC gaming is considered to be the best type of gaming out there. You obviously know nothing about PCs or you wouldnt be saying such stupid things. The fact that sony made an open ended system for the mod community garantees to an extent the survivability of the PS3. The more a console mimics a computer the better in my opinion.

Again i remind you the PS3 is has sold more units in the first 3 months than the xbox 360. Sony is building its first party games, and third party developers are signed on to make games. Get your head out of your ( Y )

lol. Nobody wow'd at GDC (not Sony, Nintendo or MS). LittleBigPlanet looked nice, but lets not get carried away and try to claim Sony "wowed." Lemmie guess HOME will save them? lol you are desperate now. And I'd like to see a list of this "slew of third party games" you speak of. Like I said,
"But but... just wait till... uh.. sometime, Sony really does have a ton of 3rd part support just you wait!"

Thats kind of funny.. were you there? Cause I had a few friends that went and a lot of the devs expressed an even greater interest in the console. After the keynote by sony, there was a room set up for devs interested in finding out more about the tech and also the kits used to develope and use the best the system has to offer. The room was packed.

Let me remind you that the Wii outsold both the 360 and PS3 combined worldwide last month. Let me remind you that the Wii is selling better than the PS2 at this same point during it's lifetime.

Right... no one here is saying the wii didnt sell good. I like the wii also but for different reasons. Why are you so narrowminded to think that if someone defends sony from misconceptions that they must some how hate nintendo?

Let me REMIND YOU that the wii is also a fraction of the price of the PS3 and 360. It also targets a much broader audience and has the backing of franchises like mario, zelda and metriod that have been around since the mid 80's.

By the way, what does the wii's sales have to do with any of this? Who cares. Its a cheap system, so cheap that many gamers will buy more than one type of system. THE WII'S SUCCESS does not magically = Sony's failure.

Your such a tool its not even funny.

Why is it that 3rd parties are bailing out exclusive titles? The games we know of now were in development pre-launch and pre-E3, everyone thought the PS3 would have the same success of the PS2. We know now that sure isn't looking to be the case, and that is why so many games are being ported to the 360 now. This is also why all of the Wii dev kits were sold out recently.

OK time to teach you something. Games are costing more and more money to make, the budgets run higher and therefore to buy out for an exclusive cost much much more. Its no secret that developers make more money going multiplatform than with exclusives, the only reason they would go exclusives if the parent company offered a good deal for the exclusive. So your whole smug bailing out question was just shoved back into your face unfortunately.

The PS2 was given the same predictions, it started slow and sped up. Eventually reaching over 110 million units sold world wide. Figure that.

Again you seem to think that third party developers can only be interested in ONE system. And thats where you get retarded. Again no one is saying the wii is bad, but third party developers will be interested in making games for all systems. Again, your head does not belong in your ( Y )
You keep turning this into a sony hate vs wii thread, and its not. This is why fanboys are not welcome here.

The war on the next disc format is premature and won't likely take off for a good number of years, the next gen console winner will have already been decided by then.

Ok miss cleo, now that you have fortold the future. How about taking those tarot cards and putting them where your mouth is. Its funny how you make all these claims and then end with, its all premature to tell.

The fact is, blue ray is out selling and is gaining wider range of support than its competitor toshibas medium. This is a fact. Its also a fact that Sony has both a record company and movie studios, who in turn gain favor with the rest of the entertainment biz. Hollywood is loving blue ray. Its a bigger medium and its more popular for varyious logical reasons. Deal with it.

So... since there is such a mediocre game lineup for the PS3, then we have to make our own to get any use out of it... And since Sony couldn't properly rip off the Wii remote they have to use it too... Nice try, but without software to push the hardware this won't make a difference. "Ouch, hurts doesnt it?" this is what I will post when the PS3 continues to flop throughout the year (I woud say when it loses it's marketshare and comes in last, but thats already happened).

another kid who fails to know fact from fiction. Its so obvious of your hate for sony, that i dont even know why you are here. Sony ripped off the wiimote... right... care to explain how they filed the patent for their sixaxis controller before the wiimote was brought to light? If you look at them you would know they are completely different controllers that opperate differently. The funny thing is, both nintendo and sony took their controller tech from someone else. They are both guilty of reusing another companies stuff, even for games. So nice try again.

Software? your not familiar with the Playstation firmware are you? its the most advanced OS out of the consoles. Theres a reason universities and businesses are using the PS3 other than just games. Kind of funny when you consider it can run LINUX. I guess the fact that users can create their own content for it must be bad then? hmm or that the xbox controller and the wiimote work with the ps3 also.

Kid its too early in the game for you to make these fanboy assumptions. All you offer is your hate for Sony, which anyone with eyes can see. Once you start to see the reality of the situation you can be ready to admit the strengths and weaknesses of each system and enjoy each system as a gamer.

Gamers never have to be stuck with one system. That kind of thinking is what inbreeds fanboys.

Oh please.... This is simply your opinion, we go by the sucess of a system to determine which is "better." By your logic I could say the N-gage is the "most amazing piece of portable hardware on the market" because "its a lot like a game thats really good but appeals to a lesser ammount of people." Stop grasping at straws.
Funny that all you offer is biased opinion and you go ahead and say what i offer is opinion. lol. By my logic I say that sales dont = a better system. Sales equal a more accessable system. A more accessable system can be better than another, but it can also be worse.

lol look who’s talking. Despite all that has happened, you blindly follow Sony in believing that they will somehow take the industry back.
Explain to me this "all thats happened?" Because what i see is that a system less than half a year old and more expensive is waiting for its game titles and firmware updates to manifest.

[qupte]
Your right, the PSP would actually have to have games in the first place for them to slow down... I don't know why you are trying to defend the PSP here, its library cannot compare to the DS... you yourself admit to playing moded PSX games on it… this is due to a lack of compelling software released.[/QUOTE]

I admit to playing PSX games on my PSP because they are GOOD games. Do i need any other reason? Xenogears, diabo, FF7-8, Grand turismo, warcraft 2, all these great PSX games workable on a portable system..which looks and plays better than most of the DS games on the market. You still dont grasp the concept of the PSP. Its not made kid friendly, its an expensive piece of hardware that can do a lot. Why would parents buy their kids a PSP when the kid could have a DS? target audience comes back into play. I Suggest you learn about it. By the way, the PSP has some great games made for it as well, perhaps you should try playing it instead of being a fanboy and hating it.

Make up your mind from experience, not your mental retardation.

Last edited:
Calm down girls.

I would get a ps3 if it;
1. Had good games.
2. Had a decent controller.
3. Had a reasonable price.

But it has the opposite of all those things.

I must admit the controller is a big one for me. It sucks.

I'll be buying a 360 instead.

Sony tried the "multimedia hub instead of a game machine" idea with the PSP too and didn't do so hot. What it all boils down to are the games. We are seeing that without the games the hardware doesn't sell, I don't care how many non-gaming extras are tossed into the system. We've seen time and time again, games are what really matter.

And trying to say PC's are regarded as the best for gaming isn't true. To a niche community maybe, but the majority go with consoles from what I'm seeing. And to say that sales do not matter is ridiculous, you were just bragging about sales against the 360 a minute ago. If we don't go by sales we are just arguing opinions, and in the end your single or my single opinions don't really matter, we go by the sales.

OK time to teach you something. Games are costing more and more money to make, the budgets run higher and therefore to buy out for an exclusive cost much much more. Its no secret that developers make more money going multiplatform than with exclusives, the only reason they would go exclusives if the parent company offered a good deal for the exclusive. So your whole smug bailing out question was just shoved back into your face unfortunately.

Hahaha so if 3rd parties release multiplatform games, which one do you think people will choose for the same game... $400 for Xbox360 or $600 for PS3? You try to use the high development cost as an excuse and say that makes it "ok"? No matter how you try to spin it, Sony is losing exclusives.

Funny that all you offer is biased opinion and you go ahead and say what i offer is opinion. lol.
All I offer is biased opinion eh?... guess those sales numbers are made up huh....

Let me REMIND YOU that the wii is also a fraction of the price of the PS3 and 360. It also targets a much broader audience and has the backing of franchises like mario, zelda and metriod that have been around since the mid 80's.

HAHAHAHA so that is supposed to automatically make it not count?.... You can't dismiss the sales just because they are not in your favor lol.

care to explain how they filed the patent for their sixaxis controller before the wiimote was brought to light?
Care to explain to me why Sony slaped the motion controls into the controller at the last minute, and how most devs didn't even know about it until it was shown at E3? Remember how the Warhawk motion controls were tacked on mere weeks before E3?

Again you seem to think that third party developers can only be interested in ONE system. And thats where you get retarded.
PS2 says hi.

Explain to me this "all thats happened?"
*points to sales figures*
*Points to list of once exclusives games gone multiplatform*
*Points to five hundred ninty nine US dollars*

I Suggest you learn about it. By the way, the PSP has some great games made for it as well, perhaps you should try playing it instead of being a fanboy and hating it.

Make up your mind from experience, not your mental retardation.

Calling me names now? lol. You assume so much about me and are so wrong.

You go ahead and continue spining the truth, the fact that you attempt to debate with me and then try to say the sales don't matter is comedy gold. "Lets discuss the sucess of a system but totally disregaurd how (un)sucessful it is."

Last edited:
BrandonMcAuslan said:
Cause its a games console with shi*t games.

Gonna need a more factual answer than that. You most likely have not played the all games out for it therefore making your opinion on it seems kind of lame doesnt it.

Second its subjective, someone might enjoy Oblivion on the PS3, or Resistance Fall of man, or Motorstorm, or tekken or viruta tennis..

You want a cheaper price, I dont blame you. Everyone wants things in life to be cheap. The controller out right now is not bad at all, have you used it? Games that might interest you are still in developement. The console is less than half a year old, give it time.

Might as well dish out the extra bucks if you're willing to spend like $600 for a console system.

EDIT: Congratulations Shift, you amaze me. GJ defending your console and those uber awesome non-repetitive rebuttles.

Last edited:
True, True. Hocotate

Anyone interested in a multimedia hub will buy one themselves. (i.e. non-gamers) The point of the ps3 is a games console.
Let me explain...
PLAY-STATION-3
I'd never use my games console to play DVDs. Cause they all sucked at it. PS2 and xbox... My DVD player had far superior picture quality & playback options. If I want Blu-ray I will buy a blu-Ray player.

I have used the controller...

It bears more than a passing resemblance to the dual analogue controller on the PS1... In fact...?! I'm not going to finish what I'm saying about the controller. You can't defend it. It should have been better - no excuses.

There's no reason for launch titles to suck. They don't have to as Zelda proved. You don't have to completely harness the PS3s full potential to make a good game. Just make a really good looking fun (what would be a PS2) game for the PS3 launch? Plus you have to spend an extra £50 on top of the console to be able to play it. Unlike Wii sports. Thats £460 - or $830 we pay in the UK.

Also if you are going to use subjectivity as an argument we may as well all log off. I think the majority of people would agree that there are far better games on the 360 and wii than the ps3.
Despite how I might come off sometimes I'm not actually a person who hates the idea of a PS3 because I love 360 or wii. I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to that.
I ask myself why would I want a ps3... And whats so good about it... Compared to the 360 and wii, I don't see any real benefit owning a ps3. I could buy a wii and a 360 for the same price as a ps3.

Last edited:
Hocotate said:
Sony tried the "multimedia hub instead of a game machine" idea with the PSP too and didn't do so hot. What it all boils down to are the games. We are seeing that without the games the hardware doesn't sell, I don't care how many non-gaming extras are tossed into the system. We've seen time and time again, games are what really matter.

Really? how did the psp become not so hot? do tell? Strange that the number 1 selling game right now is for the PSP no? Monster hunter freedom spurred PSP sales recently beating the wii and the 360 for that week. You make it seem like the PSP is dead. Have you seen the mod community? its huge. You have no idea whats going on with the PSP.

Games are what really matter? Games are only part of what matter, the rest is utility. You are too narrowminded.

And trying to say PC's are regarded as the best for gaming isn't true. To a niche community maybe, but the majority go with consoles from what I'm seeing. And to say that sales do not matter is ridiculous, you were just bragging about sales against the 360 a minute ago. If we don't go by sales we are just arguing opinions, and in the end your single or my single opinions don't really matter, we go by the sales.

PC games are considered the hardcore of gaming. A lot of developers test their skills with the PC gaming community, and its been one that has lived the longest out of all the consoles. The games are purely subjective wheather you like them or not, but they do offer the widest selection of high concept gaming and detail.

I said that sales do not make a better system, so STOP twisting words arround. You claim the PS3 has failed, and by sales i have explained its not. No where did i ever say that the PS3 is a better system because of sales. Nor is the wii is a better system because of sales.

If we don't go by sales we are just arguing opinions, and in the end your single or my single opinions don't really matter, we go by the sales
if all you can think about is sales, then this is like talking to a wall. I can offer facts about the system that breaks up your opinions, but in the end if you are only going to focus on the wiis sales then its like of like trying to talk a dog into talking.

Last edited:
Sales are what counts. Look at Sega. The games industry is exactly that... An industry.
Its driven by profit. I bet if you ask the CEO of Sony, would you rather have the "best console" or the "most profitable console"? He would opt for option 2.

Shiftfallout said:
I can offer facts about the system that breaks up your opinions, but in the end if you are only going to focus on the wiis sales then its like of like trying to talk a dog into talking.

Facts about the system? lol, sure I can list facts about the Wii too but that is all subjective whether they really matter or not. The PSP is huge you say? show me the sales to prove it... you can't. Yes its selling decent, but the DS takes a dump on it, no way to spin it.

Games are what really matter? Games are only part of what matter, the rest is utility. You are too narrowminded.
So I guess video games are only a part of gaming... lol please.

From reading your posts I see you place a huge importance on specs (and the like) and non-gaming features... too bad you are in the minority there *points at sales again.* You cannot prove the PSP or PS3 are "better" systems because all the positives things you post about them can be viewed as negatives to someone else (me). This may be hard for you to grasp but the majority of the gaming community does not want a multimedia hub, they want a game machine, accept it.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Sales are what counts. Look at Sega. The games industry is exactly that... An industry.
Its driven by profit. I bet if you ask the CEO of Sony, would you rather have the "best console" or the "most profitable console"? He would opt for option 2.

So true.

Last edited:
Hocotate said:
Hahaha so if 3rd parties release multiplatform games, which one do you think people will choose for the same game... $400 for Xbox360 or $600 for PS3? You try to use the high development cost as an excuse and say that makes it "ok"? No matter how you try to spin it, Sony is losing exclusives.
I like how you only quote pieces and not the entire thing. Ok this is the last time tonight Im going to say this. If you cant read, i dont know what else to say. SONY has exclusives, they are focusing on first party titles. God of war might ring a bell. Theres a slew of others coming out as well.

You cant seem to grasp the fact that consumers dont always go with one system. You also are funny since you do not list the 499 PS3. Some people who spend money wouldnt mind paying an extra 100-200 dollars for an additional blue ray player, or would rather have the PS3 for its other features, or the fact its just a powerful system.

No, im not using EXCUSES to say the rising cost in budget is making it more pricey to have exlcusives.. im stating a FACT. you keep thinking these facts are opinions or excuses.. im telling you there is a trend for going multiplatform and the reasons why. Dont believe me, stop crying and do your own research.

All I offer is biased opinion eh?... guess those sales numbers are made up huh....
Sales numbers for WHAT? just because you throw sales numbers doesnt make you smart, or make it relevant to the topic. YOU keep saying the wii has sold this much.. woopteedooo. Its a fact, no one is trashing the wii. But what does this have to do with the PS3? You say the PS3 is failing, but what does the wiis sales figures have to do with the PS3 "failing"? It has nothing to do with it. The ps3 did more sales thatn the 360s beginning launch period and now the 360 has sold close to 11 million units. Get it? the PS3 isnt failing.. because you can show off the Wiis sales numbers.

Im an idiot just for wasting time on an idiot. Ah well ill finish what i started here..

HAHAHAHA so that is supposed to automatically make it not count?.... You can't dismiss the sales just because they are not in your favor lol.
Again, what do sales have to do with the discussion. Thats all you offer. And I probably know about the sales figures than you do. Your epeen hasnt gotten any bigger.

*points to sales figures*
*Points to list of once exclusives games gone multiplatform*
*Points to five hundred ninty nine US dollars*

you are hopeless.

Calling me names now? lol. You assume so much about me and are so wrong.
no one called you a name in that quote, read again.

You go ahead and continue spining the truth, the fact that you attempt to debate with me and then try to say the sales don't matter is comedy gold. "Lets discuss the sucess of a system but totally disregaurd how (un)sucessful it is."

The only thing spinning here is your epeen. You obviously hate sony and have nothing concrete to back up what you say. Ill address you later after i get some sleep.

Shiftfallout said:
Its funny how you make all these claims and then end with, its all premature to tell.
You misinterpreted that.

No, im not using EXCUSES to say the rising cost in budget is making it more pricey to have exlcusives.. im stating a FACT. you keep thinking these facts are opinions or excuses.. im telling you there is a trend for going multiplatform and the reasons why. Dont believe me, stop crying and do your own research.

/sigh we already know why these games are going multiplatform. I keep saying this, I'll say it again and maybe this time you will understand: The PS3 is losing exclusives which in turn gives less of a reason to purchase the console for many, which in turn will cause the userbase to stay small, which means less incentive for developers to makes games for said platform. And we have a vicious cycle.

Sales numbers for WHAT? just because you throw sales numbers doesnt make you smart, or make it relevant to the topic. YOU keep saying the wii has sold this much.. woopteedooo. Its a fact, no one is trashing the wii. But what does this have to do with the PS3? You say the PS3 is failing, but what does the wiis sales figures have to do with the PS3 "failing"? It has nothing to do with it. The ps3 did more sales thatn the 360s beginning launch period and now the 360 has sold close to 11 million units. Get it? the PS3 isnt failing.. because you can show off the Wiis sales numbers.

Read what you just wrote there... So it is ok to compare the PS3's sales to the 360, but its not ok to compare it to the Wii? Hilarious.

you are hopeless.
So you are saying these are not important factors regarding the PS3's success? I think it is you who is "hopeless." Price, exclusive titles, and sales have everything to do with it.

Last edited:
I read that in EGM I felt kinda bad for him when they called stores that had 'em

European launch made me lol!

Oh and pls dont link me to the "PS3 outsold Wii at Euro launch, holds record bla bla bla" ****. The Wii didnt have enough units back then and it still doesnt have now. Last weekend the 360 outsold the PS3... thats really bad for sony and for third parties who want to make money off the system.

Oh and how did GDC wow devs? If it did, Devil May Cry wouldn't have gone multiplatform. The PS2 had exclusives because devs knew that they would make most money off of it. Now devs know that they wont make a lot of money if they release it PS3 only. Wii currently holds the most exclusives games released and in-development with 360 very close behind.

If Metal Gear or Final Fantasy go multiplatform.. the PS3 is officially dead. Mind you it will still sell, by dead I mean it doesnt come close to Wii or Xbox 360 numbers.

Back