Halo on the Wii

Syntax said:
I may be wrong but doesn't microsoft own bungie...

Yes, Bungie started out as an independent game developer for the Macintosh. I don't remember the first game they simultaneously released on both the Mac and the PC but I know the entire Myth (the fallen lords) series was simultaneously released.

Microsoft had started there Xbox project around the same time as Bungie started developing Halo. Halo was slated to be another simultaneous release until Microsoft came into the picture and bought out Bungie. The howls of pain and nerd rage in the Mac universe that day may never be parallel again.

Halo isnt the best game anyway there are better fps a mile better than that piece of **** ie soldier of fortune two, Farcry (pc only) & Halflife 2. I for one dont no why any person would want it on such an innovative machine. Leave it to the shittiest least updated machine out of the three the xbox shit60. The wii controls should only match up with there own rpgs like manhunt 2, Metroid & red steel 2. Sorry mate but a dog attempt for april fools. peace

Syntax said:
I may be wrong but doesn't microsoft own bungie...

I believe that Microsoft bought them out but kept the name Don't hold me 2 it but I am pretty sure and the day Halo is on the Wii is the day Mario or Link go to the PS3 meaning its never gonna happen I was gonna buy Halo 2 for my PC but you need Vista anything for Microsoft to force people to buy more

munnin said:
Yes, Bungie started out as an independent game developer for the Macintosh. I don't remember the first game they simultaneously released on both the Mac and the PC but I know the entire Myth (the fallen lords) series was simultaneously released.

Microsoft had started there Xbox project around the same time as Bungie started developing Halo. Halo was slated to be another simultaneous release until Microsoft came into the picture and bought out Bungie. The howls of pain and nerd rage in the Mac universe that day may never be parallel again.

Thanks for the history lesson...no really I appreciated it. Its interesting to know what happened in the past in regards to gaming. At least to me it is. And was the "rage in the Mac universe" really that huge? And so does Microsoft strictly control the Bungie team or do they give all the freedom they need so they can continue to create awesome games?

MasterJedi2U said:
At least to me it is. And was the "rage in the Mac universe" really that huge?

You have no idea; Bungie was special to Mac people. While PC people would point at Doom, Mac people would point at Marathon with better graphics and a real story line. The Mac universe usually only gets the biggest hits games wise, and even then, they are ports which come out a year after the PC game. Even when Bungie decided to start releasing PC versions of games, good decision money wise, they continued to release the Mac game at the same time.

The purchase of Bungie by what hard core Mac fans view as the enemy hurt. While the heads of Bungie stated nothing would change and that this was good news because they would have more resources to build great games, Mac fans knew it was the end.

MasterJedi2U said:
And so does Microsoft strictly control the Bungie team or do they give all the freedom they need so they can continue to create awesome games?

I cannot pretend to know what goes on internally at Bungie. It is telling that the PC and Mac versions of Halo which were public demo ready were delayed for a year while they readied the Xbox versions and Halo2 was an Xbox only product.

Maybe if the next Nintendo system has a better graphic card and if the wii beats the 360, then bungie may move to Nintendo but thats years away.

JerrodDRagon said:
Maybe if the next Nintendo system has a better graphic card and if the wii beats the 360, then bungie may move to Nintendo but thats years away.

That would be like GT5 showing up on the 360, it will never happen. Halo it a product of Microsoft its as simple as that.

Kamikaze said:
You know today is April 1st? And the day Halo is on the Wii, is the day Miyamoto allows Luigi to kick start his own adventure on the 360.

Why the hell would we ever want halo on wii?? to attact more graphics kids. Oh BTW rare just helped Nintendo of EU, donkey kong and star fox is still nintendo's licend proporty.

hopefully microsoft will die out of the video game war like sega. i donno what went wrong with dreamcast that was a great machine. glad 2 see sega is still making games. halo was good because when it came it had the decent graphics and played well with xbox controls out but i dont think it was because of the characters or story line. halo 2 was only good for multiplayer mode.

it wasnt even the first or last of its kind

golden eye i felt was more addictive in multiplayer mode
and halo was a beefed up graphic version of that

redsteel multiplayer is okay but coulda been a lot better

also more importantly i want some online play

maybe with better graphics and online every1 will be saying "halo who"

redsteel 2???????????

illmasaki said:
hopefully microsoft will die out of the video game war like sega. i donno what went wrong with dreamcast that was a great machine. glad 2 see sega is still making games. halo was good because when it came it had the decent graphics and played well with xbox controls out but i dont think it was because of the characters or story line. halo 2 was only good for multiplayer mode.

it wasnt even the first or last of its kind

golden eye i felt was more addictive in multiplayer mode
and halo was a beefed up graphic version of that

redsteel multiplayer is okay but coulda been a lot better

also more importantly i want some online play

maybe with better graphics and online every1 will be saying "halo who"

redsteel 2???????????
No it wont if anything Sony would die from there crap which they call a system.

En4Neo said:
I was at school and these kids said their dad worked for Bungie and found out that they're making a chibi version of Halo with Mario characters for the Wii. So naturally I said, "BS!". So then they said in defense, well Rare made Diddy Kong Racing for the DS and they're just as much a Microsoft company as Bungie.

So that's how it went and BTW I don't believe them.
lol kk

btw big deal nfanboy, your a fanboy, and youve only seen someone play it, and you probably already hated it so naturally you automatically claimed you hated it

you should be so mad just cause you cant afford a 360 you know...

Nfanboy said:
So what? Wii can be worshiped because it diserves it! (jk I don't worship it)

But really if I had a PS3 and 360 I would tourch it with a flamethrower.

then give them 2 me :) I would make use out of them I like Nintendo 2 but your one sided its just a game so relax Halo is a good game I have it for the PC I only wish Halo 2 would be playable on Windows XP and not just Vista:mad2:

Back