Heeelppp

mk_south_london

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom*
Jan 3, 2007
uk
Wii Online Code
7195-7874-4951-1917
Okay, here's the scenario.
You've recieved a 26/32'' hd tv for your bedroom and it hangs on the wall next to your bed.
You have 500 pound to spend on console/games, taking all into account, which would you buy, PS3 or 360 + about 150pounds worth of games?

Dont just give an answer, give a balanced explanation plz!
Please discuss!!

I would get the PS3... and before the 360 fanboys jump on me and say 'ZOMG j00 S0ny f4nb0y!' let me explain. I like the 360 and all and plan on buying one, but the fact that I hear so many people's XBox's having problems just bothers me. I would hold off on buying one until they fix the heat problem. But if you don't really care then whatever.

Some games you should look at to help you decide:

PS3
Resistance
Lair
Final Fantasy XIII
Metal Gear Solid 4

XBox 360
Halo 3
Lost Odyssey
Gears of War
BioShock (FPS RPG, could be good, but my initial reaction was '360 sure likes its FPSs')

You also might want to consider if you want to pay for online multiplayer. 360's Live is top notch, I was around when the original XBox version was around and didn't feel it deserved my money, but Microsoft seems to have done a good job at reshaping it. I can't give an opinion on PS3's online since I don't have one yet, so hopefully someone who does have one can give you their opinion.

that warranty has its own problems. Cases of people sending back their 360s only to be shipped back someone elses refurb system or a system that wasnt even fixed. Its a shipping nightmare. Its a decent system but usually more hassle than its worth.

I believe the PS3 is a much more reliable system, one that wasnt rushed out the door as fast as the 360. The down side is, you have to wait for those good games to come out, since the 360 had a head start. Also, the PS3 will allow you to upscale some of those good ol ps1 and ps2 games, which has many of my favorite rpgs.

Get the fan for the 360. It's worth more than any warranty. If the PS3 has a extra fan attachment, buy one for that. The emphasis here is keep your systems from melting. That also means turning off the Stand By mode on your Wii.

Ps3 online is truly splendid, minimal or no lag at all, it's just great. Ps3 easy, i see a lot of people saying the games arent great at the moment but i beg to differ, resistance, motor storm, fight night, virtua tennis(no online), ridge racer, formula 1, all will keep you occupied for months with there online.

---Brian--- said:
Ps3 online is truly splendid, minimal or no lag at all, it's just great. Ps3 easy, i see a lot of people saying the games arent great at the moment but i beg to differ, resistance, motor storm, fight night, virtua tennis(no online), ridge racer, formula 1, all will keep you occupied for months with there online.
There are some great games for it, just not very many. The Wii is in the same situation though. They are both doing pretty well though for just recently being released. I feel the PS3s launch is stronger than the 360's was.

Xbox 360 is, in my opinion, the best all-around console.
The PS3 is a good all-around console too.
I'd get Xbox 360 because it costs less.
:O.
And I like the games better.

Thanks people rep given to all :yesnod: .
Might just have to go and get a ps3 ;)

No it doesnt, if you wanna watch hd-dvds on it gonna cost you $200, wanna play online $50 a year. Costs more than the Ps3, microsoft just make the payments smaller so it seems as if its cheaper, it costs more in the long run for a 360.

Back