hello

uniquexme

WiiChat Member
May 4, 2007
guys, just found this forum. hello. keke. so i m from malaysia. i m intending to get wii, but here are some questions that i need to clarify :

- wat cool functions with wii other than gaming? such as listening to mp3, watching dvd movie, go online, msn, etc, is it capable?
- playing backup games? is it possible? i have researched abit, but found that wiikey need to be installed before it can run backup dvd games.
- wat is the must have game?
- is the motion controller useful for driving games? or is it turned off?
- wat other accessories that u guys buy? coz i noticed that it only come with 1 controller? so wondering if i were to get a gun or driving steering wheel. keke... for example, playing 2person game such as bowling, can we share the controller? or both player needs to controller simultaneously?

Last edited:
Hey there welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay.
-You can surf the net with the Wii as well connecting the DS to the Wii later on.
-Yes, you need a modchip to play backup games.
-The must have game is Zelda: Twilight Princess (my opinion).
-Some games use the wiimote for driving, such as Excite Truck to some extent.
-If you plan on having friends around a lot then you need more wiimotes to enjoy all of the games properly.

Welcome to wiichat! Here are some answers...

- wat cool functions with wii other than gaming? such as listening to mp3, watching dvd movie, go online, msn, etc, is it capable?
You can Make Mii's a small cartoon character of yourself and your friends/family, then play with them on wii sports! save photos and movies, and listen to most types of music, you will have full internet access (using the browser just like your PC) you will be able to see weather and news all around the world. you will also be able to vote! In the future, there will be many mny more things added on, so you can have fun with them.

- playing backup games? is it possible? i have researched abit, but found that wiikey need to be installed before it can run backup dvd games.
Wont work, Nintendo have done a good job to keep backups and copies out..

- wat is the must have game?
There is a few right now, but many many more in the future. Zelda, Godfather or maybe wario ware? There will also be many many more must have games, dont worry abput that.

- is the motion controller useful for driving games? or is it turned off?
Yeh its useful, if you go to youtube and type in "excite truck" youll see what i mean.

- wat other accessories that u guys buy? coz i noticed that it only come with 1 controller? so wondering if i were to get a gun or driving steering wheel. keke... for example, playing 2person game such as bowling, can we share the controller? or both player needs to controller simultaneously?
Both of you need the controller, but there are some steering wheels and a new "gun" coming out. There are quite alot of things like this coming out. Thankfully the controllers arent too expensive. (You get one remote and one nunhuk in the wii box anyways)

Hope i Helped!

Wont work, Nintendo have done a good job to keep backups and copies out..
Haha, you are joking right? Nintendo hasnt even TRIED to keep backup copies out, the same backdoor used in the GC is what made the current wii modchips possible. The new revision motherboards merely change the location of the solder points slightly - a short wire install still works fine.

Edit: Ottoman: Watch this video (full screen is better) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTx2MAOspS4

uniquexme: Stay away from the wiikey unless you buy a clone for cheap. The developers are real assholes and have left everyone waiting for promised fixes.

Last edited:
Back