help on chipped wii

nitestalk8

WiiChat Member
Jun 29, 2007
Houston, TX
i got my wii chipped for almost half a year, and now it stopped playing any of my backup games (wii and gamecube games). i thought the chip was broken, so i asked for a new chip to replace the old one. apparently, the new one instantly broke once my wii boots up and then my wii was shut off. is it true that an update from nintendo can cause damage to the wii system? in other words i cant get online with my wii if i want to keep the chip working.

also, is it true that nintendo will give us the newer wii version if we send our wii to be repaired?

thank you so much.

Now you have to buy another one

The only good chips are the ones that come with fish (and brown sause)

i know i messed up but i need answers to my questions.

is it true that an update from nintendo can cause damage to the wii system? in other words i cant get online with my wii if i want to keep the chip working.

also, is it true that nintendo will give us the newer wii version if we send our wii to be repaired?

The trouble with all these chips available for new consoles is they seem to forget they go online. This gives companies freedom to actually combat illegal activities by sending anti-piracy patches and such that the user isn't aware of.

BTW Darkprinny that's an awesome image, think i could change it and use it?

Brawny said:
No, you are unable to send it back, it VOIDED YOUR WARRANTY.

Two: yes updates CAN.

I am asking in general situation, I am not referring to myself. I know my warranty is void already. I just want to know if its true nintendo gives newer wii version if we send our wii to be repaired. That's all. Thx.

nitestalk8 said:
I am asking in general situation, I am not referring to myself. I know my warranty is void already. I just want to know if its true nintendo gives newer wii version if we send our wii to be repaired. That's all. Thx.

It depends. You may get back the same one you sent in, just repaired. Or you may get a refurbished unit sent back which could be old or new. Or you could get a brand new one. There's no way to say for sure.

Nintendo updates can potentially brick it...but there are so many ways around that, seriously...it's kinda impossible to truly brick a Wiikey modded Wii...What modchip do you have? Make sure you keep up with the firmware. Everytime Nintendo releases an update, Wiikey and the other fully upgradable modchips release one too.

If you end up needing a new Wii, I suggest you go with VeeModz to mod it...you'll have to ship it if you aren't in Toronto, but if you ever need a repair, he can remove a Wiikey install so well Nintendo doesn't know the console was ever modded, lol. That guy is amazing.

Last edited:
Celeste said:
Nintendo updates can potentially brick it...but there are so many ways around that, seriously...it's kinda impossible to truly brick a Wiikey modded Wii...What modchip do you have? Make sure you keep up with the firmware. Everytime Nintendo releases an update, Wiikey and the other fully upgradable modchips release one too.

If you end up needing a new Wii, I suggest you go with VeeModz to mod it...you'll have to ship it if you aren't in Toronto, but if you ever need a repair, he can remove a Wiikey install so well Nintendo doesn't know the console was ever modded, lol. That guy is amazing.

You beat me to it. :lol:

Back